Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic warranty issue

Options
  • 15-08-2019 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭

I purchased a Panasonic camera 6 months ago in Australia on my travels. Last month the lens jammed and would not retract. I brought it to authorized Panasonic repair center who said they can’t repair unless I get the go ahead from Panasonic first and get a code from them. The problem is it was bought in Australia seemingly. So I contacted Panasonic who wanted the purchase receipt and the worldwide warranty. I have both however the worldwide warranty is just a sheet of paper saying warranty on it and then space to write the details of the camera and supplier. Since I received this online from a shop in Oz this was left blank. Panasonic are refusing to honor the warranty as this was not filled out and stamped by the shop. Do I have any recourse here?

Advertisement