Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bank to open joint account with

• 15-08-2019 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi,

Both me and my partner have our own current accounts, but we want to open a joint account to pay into for our mortgage/bills ets?

Our current accounts are with BOI. Our mortgage is with Ulster Bank.

Can anyone recommend which bank we should open our joint account with?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Are you going to be paying money into this account from your own BOI? Would you be paying in over €2,000 a month between you? KBC offer free banking if you do. (Even if not, you can move money out and back in until you have reached a total of €2,000 in the month).

We get paid into out KBC joint account and take money from that into our own accounts (mine is Revolut/N26 so no fees at all). Mortgage, bills and all household/car expenses come from that account and it's working very well for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭lillycakes2

I don't think we will have 2000 in it at any one time, are the fees expensive otherwise if you don't have a substantial amount at all times resting?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I don't think we will have 2000 in it at any one time, are the fees expensive otherwise if you don't have a substantial amount at all times resting?

You don't need to keep 2000 in it. Just deposits totalling that much during a month.

Ebs money manager, totally fee free without any messing of having to pay in certain amounts per month or maintain a balance.

Advertisement