Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What font should I use?

• 15-08-2019 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

I'm using Libre Office to create a pdf with a lot of text. The default is Liberation Serif which looks alright but I know if people use different devices and software they might not have this. What's the best looking universal font these days?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Smiles35 wrote: »
    I'm using Libre Office to create a pdf with a lot of text. The default is Liberation Serif which looks alright but I know if people use different devices and software they might not have this. What's the best looking universal font these days?
    Shouldn't be problem on Windows
    Liberation fonts
    Liberation is the collective name of four TrueType font families: Liberation Sans, Liberation Sans Narrow, Liberation Serif, and Liberation Mono. These fonts are metrically compatible with the most popular fonts on the Microsoft Windows operating system and the Microsoft Office software package (Monotype Corporation’s Arial, Arial Narrow, Times New Roman and Courier New, respectively), for which Liberation is intended as a free substitute.[2]
    Or you can embed font in the document

Advertisement