Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace kitchen switches

Options
  • 15-08-2019 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for some advice. Trying to replace the white switches in kitchen ( we have 4, 1 for microwave , dishwasher, washing machine, fridge) with nicer looking chrome ones. Will these work as a replacement, and is it a diy job?
    Many thanks

https://ibb.co/gdStJFT Original

https://ibb.co/P5m63qF New

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

I've heard numerous suggestions that BG isn't particularly great quality. I think it's predominantly pushed by Screwfix - although it's unquestionably lightyears ahead of their LAP rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Risteard81 wrote: »
    I've heard numerous suggestions that BG isn't particularly great quality. I think it's predominantly pushed by Screwfix - although it's unquestionably lightyears ahead of their LAP rubbish.

Thanks for the input. Brand name aside , is there any reason these wouldn’t work for what I’m looking to do?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Hager or the electricians default MK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

MK aren't used so much anymore. Their quality has gone down the pan in recent years. They have also recently announced that they are withdrawing from the circuit protection market.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

MK lost the domestic market a long time ago, thats why they released a budget range without the MK mark on it.

On industrial and commercial markets MK is still the leader.

Following the recession and the drop in house builds a number of domestic installers moved into the commercial market and brought budget accessories with them.

TBH I've never seen anyone use MK switchgear either. I often asked their reps why they take up space on their catalogues with them.

Haven't noticed a quality drop, however TBH there are very quality issues with their competitors these days either.

Good quality accessories is close to being a commodity item now

• Advertisement
Advertisement