Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powers on, no display, GPU?

Options
  • 15-08-2019 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Having a problem today with my desktop whereby the computer crashed and the dual monitors froze (The one connected via HDMI to graphics card had black and white alternating vertical lines, the one via DVI kept the windows background). Had to do a hard reset before it happened again like 30 mins later. Tried to update the graphics drivers and thought all was well before it crashed again.

Went to turn it on today and although the PC powers on and all fans are running the monitors now are displaying that they have no input.

Had not installed anything new software or hardware wise recently.

Any ideas what to try next? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

I've disconnected the GPU and did HDMI via the motherboard and it's working again. Dunno if the drivers update caused something.. is it possible to roll back without it interfering?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I would remove all card drivers and let Windows install the default drivers then install the latest drivers
    Could be the card is done for

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Does sound like a GPU fail.

You didnt actually update the drivers, those cards don't get new drivers anymore just new driver packages with the same drivers within.

Advertisement