Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a Prescriptive Right of Way

Options
  • 15-08-2019 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

How can you register a prescriptive right of way if some of the land along the roadway isn’t registered with the land registry?
    My solicitor doesn’t seem to know

Mod Note
    New thread created.
    Try not to dig up threads from years ago.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

razor8 wrote: »
    How can you register a prescriptive right of way if some of the land along the roadway isn’t registered with the land registry?
    My solicitor doesn’t seem to know

Mod Note
    New thread created.
    Try not to dig up threads from years ago.

Thanks.

As long as your land is land registry (which is the land that requires the right of way), you can register that right of way over registry of deeds land (which is land not registered in Land Registry). It’s a little bit more difficult to find the owner of unregistered land (so property registration authority can notify them) and searches in registry of deeds will be needed. Also you’ll need an engineer to draw up the map of the right of way.

The PRAI website has a whole load of information on registering rights of way and does deal with this scenario. But if your solicitor doesn’t know, may be worth moving to another solicitor who may have experience with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

I couldn’t find anything on this scenario on prai. Could you send link to it please?

I couldn’t find anything on this scenario on prai. Could you send link to it please?

Not sure if I can post links but I’ve posted it in case I can. Sorry mods if that’s incorrect.

https://www.prai.ie/registration-of-easements-and-profits-a-prendre-acquired-by-prescription-under-section-49a/

It would be under easements and profits a prendre if you search the PRAI website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

Thanks

Thanks

You will see the section which applies to you which is where the dominant land (your property) is registered and the servient land is unregistered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement