Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardies that left Farming and Forestry

• 16-08-2019 6:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,125 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058005532&page=58

I saw this on After Hours. So it got me thinking. Over the years we have had some great contributors that have left. We even have had some that have been reincarnated and some more than once. A few were great contributors two I miss on the discussion are Bob Charles and New Beef Farmer although NBF was a reincarnation of a previous contributor. He got banned for overreacting and never came back.

Slava Ukrainii

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I saw this on After Hours. So ut got me thinking. Over the years we have had some great contributors that have left. We even have had some that have been reincarnated and some more than once. A few were great contributors two I miss on the discussion are Bob Charles and New Beef Farmer although NBF was a reincarnation of a previous contributor. He got banned for overreacting and never came back.

Bob Charles was class. Kowtow was one I enjoyed, one has left to Sweden farming also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I saw this on After Hours. So it got me thinking. Over the years we have had some great contributors that have left. We even have had some that have been reincarnated and some more than once. A few were great contributors two I miss on the discussion are Bob Charles and New Beef Farmer although NBF was a reincarnation of a previous contributor. He got banned for overreacting and never came back.

What ever happened poor Farmer Pudsey .He was a legend!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

A cow called daisy hasnt posted in a long time. I hope she's ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Dwagone he left for France with his dog never to be seen again !!!!
    Most that left have come back in a different guise and most of us have figured each other out from twitter etc .some days u feel u get nothing done. Because of all the social media outlets !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Relig (spelling) always enjoyed his posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

cute geoge wrote: »
    What ever happened poor Farmer Pudsey .He was a legend!!!!!

Went off to the wild west and became a bounty hunter .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,125 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

josephsoap wrote: »
    Relig (spelling) always enjoyed his posts

Had one or two tiffs with him a die hard Suckler and Machinery man. But was good to discuss/debate issues with.

Slava Ukrainii

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Dwagone he left for France with his dog never to be seen again !!!!
    Most that left have come back in a different guise and most of us have figured each other out from twitter etc .some days u feel u get nothing done. Because of all the social media outlets !!!!!

Like I said there are some reincarnations.

Slava Ukrainii

Went off to the wild west and became a bounty hunter .

I taught he was hanging around with a fellow called Tonto abd rode a white horse.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭epfff

Jersey was he reincarniated
    He had good social life that he would mention occasionaly around the time my youngest was born and i was (still am) house bound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

epfff wrote: »
    Jersey was he reincarniated
    He had good social life that he would mention occasionaly around the time my youngest was born and i was (still am) house bound.

Yes, he's here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Bass Reeves actually existed.... I thought he was a makey uppy name as well.

Wikipedia

Bass Reeves (July 1838 – January 12, 1910) was the first black deputy U.S. marshal west of the Mississippi River. He worked mostly in Arkansas and the Oklahoma Territory.[a] During his long career, he was credited with arresting more than 3,000 felons. He shot and killed 14 people in self defence....

I think our Bass has shot more than 14 in self defence at this stage....

Bob Charles and Relig were two good posters alright..... gone but not forgotten...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Just do it. He was a part time suckler farmer from Clare that was getting ready to convert to Dairying.

Hope he succeeded in achieving his goal and is happy at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Leg wax used to produce super weanlings, usually blues if I remember correctly

Changed to dairy then

Was a great poster, pity he left. Would have been nice to follow his dairy journey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Muckit wrote: »
    Just do it. He was a part time suckler farmer from Clare that was getting ready to convert to Dairying.

Hope he succeeded in achieving his goal and is happy at it.

A good poster. There was friesans there the last time I passed anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Ah fair play to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

It's crazy how long people have been posting on here over the years. I often wonder about Bob Charles as he just stopped posting and never closed his account, which is unusual. I propably miss his and Reiligs contributions the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Connemara Farmer/Commanche mara? was one I miss and was always interesting. He would sometimes post beautiful pics of his area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Username John was a good poster with his U shaped field.

Sharpshooter, Kovu and Pedigree6 were good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭White Clover

They're all around and posting regularly too!

Can you remember what pedigree6 previous username was by any chance ?

• Advertisement

I didnt like that floki guy though

They're all around and posting regularly too!

Can you remember what pedigree6 previous username was by any chance ?

Nope!

whelan2 wrote: »
    I didnt like that floki guy though

Or that whelan1 yoke..

Or that whelan1 yoke..

Biddy was nice though :P

Nope!

Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭farmertipp

Don't forget farmer ed. He could write a book in one post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Who was the guy who said he would post the kill sheet for his cattle that k/o at impressive weights but he never did. I remember it went on for ages.

Base price wrote: »
    Who was the guy who said he would post the kill sheet for his cattle that k/o at impressive weights but he never did. I remember it went on for ages.

Ap......my dearest friend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Base price wrote: »

Your man that farmed for about 10 mins a week, never spread fert and sold all his silage for a huge fortune? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Frazzled home

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Frazzled home

Hes still atound in a different persona

Parishlad wrote: »
    Your man that farmed for about 10 mins a week, never spread fert and sold all his silage for a huge fortune? :D

Was it Ap2014, or AP2016

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Just outside Quilty? If it's the same lad there appears to be outdoor cubicles after being put in when I passed last weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Frazzled home

Ah, he's still going. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

It's crazy how long people have been posting on here over the years. I often wonder about Bob Charles as he just stopped posting and never closed his account, which is unusual. I propably miss his and Reiligs contributions the most.

I often wondered about Bob myself, he was a minefield of info. Think reilig is Still going over on forum4farming.

• Advertisement

I often wondered about Bob myself, he was a minefield of info. Think reilig is Still going over on forum4farming.

Is Bob Charles not there too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Deepsouthwest allways got mixed up with him and freedominacup for some reason

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Mod note This thread is fine so far, just remember that some people change their ids on here for a good reason so please don't be a dick identifying past user names with present user names, thanks,

blue5000.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Going back a while here, JohnGalway, I used always enjoy his posts while he was modding here.

And even older, was it shanemccarrick, can't remember the spelling, used mod here as well but had to leave after being doxxed by a rogue poster from elsewhere on here?

Parishlad wrote: »
    Was it Ap2014, or AP2016

Ya I think taht was it, he was NBF after. TBH his was very lowly stocked on what seemed a goodish west of Ireland farmer. He drew his payments and worked the system. I taught he had his system off to a T.

Friend is doing something similar. 40 acres rented, finishes 25-30 heifers, makes surplus silage, takes in slurry from lads that have nitrates issues. He spends no more than 12-15 hours/week on the farm as it is rented land and it is 3-4 miles from him.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Going back a while here, JohnGalway, I used always enjoy his posts while he was modding here.

And even older, was it shanemccarrick, can't remember the spelling, used mod here as well but had to leave after being doxxed by a rogue poster from elsewhere on here?

John is still knocking around

Ya I think taht was it, he was NBF after. TBH his was very lowly stocked on what seemed a goodish west of Ireland farmer. He drew his payments and worked the system. I taught he had his system off to a T.

Friend is doing something similar. 40 acres rented, finishes 25-30 heifers, makes surplus silage, takes in slurry from lads that have nitrates issues. He spends no more than 12-15 hours/week on the farm as it is rented land and it is 3-4 miles from him.

The NBF account was the first, when he was looking for help with a bullock with a ball. After that he decided to tell everyone how to farm with a few different accounts.

Ah fun times :D:pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Kowtow and Bob Charles were two of my favorites, a mine of information and always eager to show a different view point than the majority. There was another lad from Clare who's moniker I've forgotten that was always up to something interesting. It intrigue's me to watch the posting style of the "newbies" developing, many of them seem surprisingly familiar.

Another thing that interests me is usernames and there selection. Some are self explanatory or most likely random but others are representative of popular culture or similar.

Reggie. wrote: »
    John is still knocking around

Go on.....

Only joking!

The NBF account was the first, when he was looking for help with a bullock with a ball. After that he decided to tell everyone how to farm with a few different accounts.

Ah fun times :D:pac:

Could we do a petition and give to the mods for to get AP back for a week.......Just for an update!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Could we do a petition and give to the mods for to get AP back for a week.......Just for an update!

I'll just leave this here for now

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Does anyone k ow is kowtow still farming?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Markcheese wrote: »

He is, you can catch up with him on Twitter mostly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

whelan2 wrote: »
    Is Bob Charles not there too?

Could one ask what would be his name over there?

Markcheese wrote: »

Yeah, doing farming a bit alternatively to the teagasc model, to say the least. Met him a few times in person, real interesting life before cow came along.

• Advertisement
Advertisement