Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping in Douglas

Options
  • 16-08-2019 9:00am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Meant to put this up during the week. Was in Circle K in the middle of Douglas last Saturday evening, around 6.30pm. They were clamping everyone who used their garage to park for KCs . Saw 2 or 3 cars get clamped. I presume it'll just be for a while to scare people but just thought I'd spread the word.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

dory wrote: »
    Meant to put this up during the week. Was in Circle K in the middle of Douglas last Saturday evening, around 6.30pm. They were clamping everyone who used their garage to park for KCs . Saw 2 or 3 cars get clamped. I presume it'll just be for a while to scare people but just thought I'd spread the word.
    As long as they have it advertised, then they are within their rights and it's hard to blame them. That station can be really busy at times, extra cars who don't even use their services can overload the area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

this is going on ages not just recently-all over by dinos aswell.
    traffic wardens in douglas are tough aswell they be on ya in 5 mins if you park without paying and also check tax and nct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

dory wrote: »

I really dont blame them.
    People park there and head off to the shopping centre for ages
    Girl told me there recently some people actually left their cars there and got on the bus to town
    They do have signs everywhere so no pity

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I'm not sure who owns the area but it would be great if they (garage or council) started tackling the people who park across the footpath blocking the pedestrian crossing as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Everyone should park in tescos leave your car there be grand if your going to kcs or a bar or something fcuk these wardens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Yeah, I agree. Don't blame them at all. Just letting people know in case people on here get caught, as the old owners used be pretty easy going about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Thought you could park on the Cinema grounds for free now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Thought so as well maybe people too lazy to walk from there to kcs or wherever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Have to admit it drives me nuts when people dump their cars in the Circle K and wander off. I use it a lot for parcel motel and always struggle to park. Parking is controlled by APCOA who are pretty aggressive in enforcing but there are plenty of signs up as well.

Saw a guy clamped on Saturday just gone at lunchtime, may sound harsh but there's plenty of free parking in Tesco.

I wonder are people using it as overnight parking for the pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Its a well known blackspot, has been for years and years, if people are too lazy to use the free parking in Tesco and walk out the extra 100 meters then they deserve to be clamped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement