Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged for App that I don’t want

Options
  • 16-08-2019 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

Took a free month on a Strava trial. Didn’t use it and forgot about it and now been charged 59.99 for a yearly sub. Is it possible to get out of paying for this and get refunded? I’ve reported as a problem with the app. I’ve also cancelled renewal of the app.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Nope. Just have to suck this one up, when you downloaded it and entered your details I'd be certain their was text telling you that you had until a certain date to cancel or you would be charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

get onto apple support and chance it,

happened me few years ago with amazon prime trial - they seen i didnt use it and refunded me, worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not a problem with the app. It's part of the T&Cs. Most subscription based services (with trials) work the same way.

If you use a calendar or todo list on your phone, set a reminder the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Also if there is an app you don't use if you delete it, you will also be told about the subscription to remove it.

for the OP, if it has only just come out of your account, then I would contact Apple and see if they can cancel it or refund it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

I didn’t get a reply when I displayed my wish to go back on the subscription so my experience was different.

• Advertisement
Advertisement