Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fibre due for installation on Monday, Openeir say Cabinet not active

• 16-08-2019 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi All

Was due to get FTTH new install next Monday. Signed up with vodafone. Openeir rang me there to say that the installation is cancelled due to the connection point not being active. I rang VF and they said the cabinet is not active for my area, although on all the sites (Airwire, eir,vodafone,sky) it tells be I am live. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

in short, you're not getting FTTH,

it happens and you're just one of the unfortunate ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    in short, you're not getting FTTH,

it happens and you're just one of the unfortunate ones.

Thanks B_ecke_r. Can't understand how the databases say we are live and vodafone come to the door and say we are live and take our order, to then get told that the cabinet is not active....Typical substandard bullsh1t,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

What does the Airwire checker say for your Eircode?

http://www.airwire.ie/avail

What does the Airwire checker say for your Eircode?

http://www.airwire.ie/avail

Airwire, eir, sky say available. See attached from airwire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Did openeir not mention anything about rescheduling an installation? What it sounds like is that the distribution point serving you is not active or there is some other issue further back.

This doesn't mean you'll never get FTTH. It's likely that you will just have to wait slightly longer until work takes place to fix whatever issue there is.

• Advertisement

Did openeir not mention anything about rescheduling an installation? What it sounds like is that the distribution point serving you is not active or there is some other issue further back.

This doesn't mean you'll never get FTTH. It's likely that you will just have to wait slightly longer until work takes place to fix whatever issue there is.

Thanks for that Navi. The whole Village is now not getting Installed next week, so I'd say the issue is with the cabinet supplying the village. We went live on 07th of Aug, all was good until today 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭alec76

Don’t worry , typical thing for OpenEir.
    They’ve flagged thousands of properties as available last month, which actually not completed yet .
    Same thing happened to me . It is available to my address.Install failed no light.
    I clearly could see sections of the road with ducting hanging around , no cable , don’t mind DPs. Even though ,I do have fibre and DP next to the my house erected 2 months ago . They never completed our exchange, moved to the next one.
    That’s not even best part , KN guys keep calling for installations around the village almost every day for the last 2 weeks , and every one is failing, of course...

alec76 wrote: »
    Don’t worry , typical thing for OpenEir.
    They’ve flagged thousands of properties as available last month, which actually not completed yet .
    Same thing happened to me . It is available to my address.Install failed no light.
    I clearly could see sections of the road with ducting hanging around , no cable , don’t mind DPs. Even though ,I do have fibre and DP next to the my house erected 2 months ago . They never completed our exchange, moved to the next one.
    That’s not even best part , KN guys keep calling for installations around the village almost every day for the last 2 weeks , and every one is failing, of course...

Thanks for the reply Alec76. Was talking to the opener lads outside the house here a few weeks ago and they were testing the cables, said light was coming through and all was good to go. Vodafone rep said that as far as she knows the install is going ahead on mónday, don't know whether to go in to work or not! Very messy!

Advertisement