Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicky Bandini

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

gmisk wrote: »

Beautifully written, and, as someone who has been there (albeit on a much smaller stage), it reads as something agonisingly written, yet is entirely uplifting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Awesome :) and I hope she is given the respect and opportunities she deserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I've read a lot of her soccer columns in the past. I'm pretty shocked to be honest. Still, it's all the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Shocked? How so? Not having a go at you, just curios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I pictured him as being an old, chain-smoking, happily married Italian native with a gaggle of kids, sitting outside a cafe in Rome with a newspaper casually draped across his lap and a wizened, weathered look on his face that spoke of an inner wisdom only garnered from years spent scribbling notes on the spectacle of the beautiful game from the terraces back in the golden playing days of Gianni Rivera and Sandro Mazzola. A commix of the idiosyncrasies of Brian Glanville, Gab Marcotti, James Richardson and The Godfather if you will.

Now I find out she is young, British-born, dwelling in the USA and identifies as a woman. Well, that was unexpected.

• Advertisement
Advertisement