Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carers allowance with children

Options
  • 16-08-2019 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice please. My husband has applied to be my carer because of mental health issues. I'm just wondering if the fact that we have children is taken into account. Obvs I have letters from gp etc regarding and confirming profound mental health but part of my problem is that while I need constant care part of that is that I need that care to help look after the kids as I'm not able to at times. Would that be something that they look on as favourable or is it just about me and my needs regardless of my ability to parent. If that makes sense. I know no one can say they will or won't grant it because of that, I'm just looking to know if it's a factor or not. Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

I would say your case will be treated the same as if you had ms or parkinsons or some other illness you ability to parent wont be questioned

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Shelle1234.

lulu1 wrote: »
    I would say your case will be treated the same as if you had ms or parkinsons or some other illness you ability to parent wont be questioned

Thanks so much for the reply. Much appreciated. I was just curious but at the end of the day all you can do is fill in the forms honestly and hope for the best. Thanks x

Advertisement