Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip company wont collect skip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

pudzey101 wrote: »
    3pH1Y7Y

3pH1Y7Y

[IMG][/img]20190816-162600.jpg

This is what they emailed me , the bike and wood is not mine .

That's overloaded I would say anyway even with you owe the driver €100 or remove stuff if you know your neighbours own some of that give it back to them or ask them for €100

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

I cant ask if i don't know who done it I was in work all day , il prob just get it moved down the road anyway out of my way , I paid he agreed €250 so I'm not going to be subjected to extortion by a company

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Refusing to take an overloaded skip is not extortion.

Any damage caused by trying to drag it away to either the slip or the road is going to be extremely easily traced to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

A Neighbour is willing to “ drag it down the road out of the way”!!!! Ffs what kind of Neighbour’s have you .. and the fact you are considering that option says more about you !!
    Btw , I would not consider that skip overfull. Use the pallets to wall it up a little and ring the company again saying it’s sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I cant ask if i don't know who done it I was in work all day , il prob just get it moved down the road anyway out of my way , I paid he agreed €250 so I'm not going to be subjected to extortion by a company

You may find the contents back in your drive way

• Advertisement

I need it out of the way of my driveway , I paid the company and they havnt honoured their contract (not that I got one) . Its probably going to be 10 foot higher when get home as it was supposed to be collected at 8am this morning when it wasn't "overfull"

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I need it out of the way of my driveway , I paid the company and they havnt honoured their contract (not that I got one) . Its probably going to be 10 foot higher when get home as it was supposed to be collected at 8am this morning when it wasn't "overfull"

You haven't provided then with a properly loaded skip. They haven't done anything wrong

You need to accept this and stop thinking of further ridiculous ideas around it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Why did the local youth go to the bother of stealing pallets and not use them in the end?

Looks like if you take the pallets and bike off it shouldn't stick out too much. Can you rearrange any of it to flatten it down more?

sugarman wrote: »
    Not overloaded at all, just filled completely arseways even regarding the additional bits that were thrown on top.

Bit of rearranging and itd be grand.

Thank you , il be doing that when I get off work :)

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Why did the local youth go to the bother of stealing pallets and not use them in the end?

Looks like if you take the pallets and bike off it shouldn't stick out too much. Can you rearrange any of it to flatten it down more?

Good question , they weren't in the skip when it was to be collected this morning so I don't know who filled up that much I cant blame neighbours but I would think them, I will flatten and sort what I can but more than likely it will be worse if the company cant collect it until Monday

• Advertisement

kingstevii wrote: »
    Driver is being a cock, doesn't look over filled to me..

What I was thinking before the pallets and bike went in

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Nightingale

Just curious as to what you expect the skip driver to do? It IS overloaded in terms of the stability of the load and the potential for stuff to fall out, so is he just supposed to risk it because your neighbours dumped their stuff in it?
    He will have to get another lorry out to take the remainder or transfer it into a bigger skip and they shouldn't have to fit the bill for this. Imagine if everyone took the piss and did this - companies wouldn't be business!

Waste companies have to comply with health and safety legislation or they are risk of losing their waste licence.

(unfortunately a lot of people consider their neighbours skips to be fair game - which I why I always make sure that I am around until any of mine are collected)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Even without the pallets it's overloaded. Gardai can stop and fine the skip driver with a dangerous overload.

They won't take the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Joe Kane

]Them pallets haven’t a notion of staying on there.driver is dead right not to lift it.
    It’s an unstable load because you’re neighbors overfilled it and is now unsafe to handle.

He'll lift it if he gets another 100 euro though.

It's either overloaded or it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If I was in skip business I'd use enclosed walk in skips only. Collected when the door is shut.

https://fieldfayreskipproducts.co.uk/web-cont1001/uploads/16-Yd-Walk-in-Enc-3-1-600x400.jpg

They should ban open top skips, too dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Will take the bicycle and timber out when I'm home, my partner said a neighbour is willing to drag it down the road with his jeep to get it out of the way but would that cause more harm than good ?

That skip is seriously overloaded.

Be prepared for damage to roadway if it's dragged anywhere. That may cost you a lot more than €100.

Joe Kane wrote: »
    He'll lift it if he gets another 100 euro though.

It's either overloaded or it's not.

Yes he was willing to put it up on his lorry for an extra €100 only for my partner had no cash on her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

hawkelady wrote: »
    The company will have plenty more skips .. it’ll be left there for the foreseeable future

Put it up for sale €100, no extra charge for contents

https://touch.adverts.ie/plant-machinery/skips-for-sale/9989522

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Yes he was willing to put it up on his lorry for an extra €100 only for my partner had no cash on her

He would have had to rearrange the load and properly secure it before he moved off, which is why he's charging €100. He wouldn't have lifted it like that no matter how much you gave him. His licence is at risk if he goes with that on the back of the wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

If your neighbour drags it away from where the hire company dropped it, you are responsible for anything that happens as a result. The hire company will say they dropped it where you requested it. Though your neighbours added to it, it was while it was leased to you. It is overloaded, pay the excess or they will leave it there until you do and the local scrots will keep loading it up.

How a jeep would drag this onto a public road is beyond me.

• Advertisement

begbysback wrote: »
    Put it up for sale €100, no extra charge for contents

https://touch.adverts.ie/plant-machinery/skips-for-sale/9989522

If it's not gone by Monday I'm going to have to :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

hawkelady wrote: »
    A Neighbour is willing to “ drag it down the road out of the way”!!!! Ffs what kind of Neighbour’s have you .. and the fact you are considering that option says more about you !!
    Btw , I would not consider that skip overfull. Use the pallets to wall it up a little and ring the company again saying it’s sorted

My thoughts exactly, must be a right **** hole that neighbours are pulling stuff out of it and lighting fires not to mention throwing stuff into it, pay the 100 and be done with it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

The solution is simple - set fire to the skip. No harm done to the skip and the bulk will reduce.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

When I was a youngster, skips were piled high like a bonfire. When did these rag'n'bone men give a damn about safety? Just take the sh*t away and stop whinging.

When I was a youngster, skips were piled high like a bonfire. When did these rag'n'bone men give a damn about safety? Just take the sh*t away and stop whinging.

It depends on the driver too I was told

My thoughts exactly, must be a right **** hole that neighbours are pulling stuff out of it and lighting fires not to mention throwing stuff into it, pay the 100 and be done with it

Why should I pay another 100 euro ????? I paid already for a skip

And if your license was at risk due to an accident arising from a dangerous load would your attitude be so cavalier, theres a set safety standard for a reason, the driver is correct, mandatory cpc training teaches drivers not to take these type of loads as it his job on the line

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

The solution is simple - set fire to the skip. No harm done to the skip and the bulk will reduce.
    Ya, they don't like you doing that. You can expect them to add another €100 to the bill if they catch you at that.

It'll more than likely be done the weekend by local teenagers after the tipperary match haha

• Advertisement

Why should I pay another 100 euro ????? I paid already for a skip

Because there's too much in the skip, it can't be that hard for you to comprehend

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement