Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip company wont collect skip

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Because there's too much in the skip, it can't be that hard for you to comprehend

But sure , when all the stuff was outside my house the guy didn't say I'd need a bigger skip and was happy to take my €250 so its abit hard to comprehend why they want to charge another €100 their a bunch of scumbags anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Because there's too much in the skip, it can't be that hard for you to comprehend

Apparently it is.

Set fire to it? Dear God, what kind of an estate does the op live in? A neighbour wants to tow it away and if that doesn’t fly, have a bonfire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

Dav010 wrote: »
    Apparently it is.

Set fire to it? Dear God, what kind of an estate does the op live in?

They set fire to my skip in Dublin 6. Arson knows no postcodes. Don't get me started on the useless fire brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

They set fire to my skip in Dublin 6. Arson knows no postcodes.

Great, save €100, pay thousands for damage to skip and neighbouring properties, just wait for some scrot to put their hand on a hot metal skip.

There was a case in the papers a couple of months ago where a kid got a compensation payout when they hurt themselves on a driveway that was cordoned off while it was being tarmaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

They nicked things out of mine in Dublin 5. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 OPollo

Dunno, Ive seen similar loads on Cork roads, safety net covering the load and noone has any issues. But I can see a reason why some think it is over loaded.
    "Give me your money and stop arguing, you are fool, PAY ! " :D

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

pudzey101 wrote: »
    But sure , when all the stuff was outside my house the guy didn't say I'd need a bigger skip and was happy to take my €250 so its abit hard to comprehend why they want to charge another €100 their a bunch of scumbags anyway

It was your job to gauge that. Not his.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

They nicked things out of mine in Dublin 5. :pac:

I got my first real six-string
    From a skip in Dublin 5
    Played it til my fingers bled
    Was the summer of 89

I’d love to say I went on to musical greatness but it was put in another neighbour’s skip by winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

pudzey101 wrote: »

You said the neighbour's added to it. Plus it's your responsibility to ensure it's not over filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,550 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

There's too much in it, yet an extra €100 will solve this issue, this decision is hardly based on safety concerns!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Pod123

Just curious what county is it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

godtabh wrote: »
    Pay for it? You've clearly put to much stuff in.

Much better to blame the skip company and miraculously take a sudden interest in a health and safety issue of your own making

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Much better to blame the skip company and miraculously take a sudden interest in a health and safety issue of your own making

How does paying 100 euro get rid of any health and safety issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

This thread is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I really don't think there is any point in leaving this open now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement