Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on build budget 900 euro

Options
  • 16-08-2019 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys first post in here since my last build so looking for opinions on this build I've put together, I want to try keep it to amazon and I like the meshify case but if anyone has another case that's nicer looking or better air flow and is same size give me an idea.

I'm mainly just gonna be 1080p gaming for the minute but thinking of 4k down the line but not guaranteed so trying future proof it a bit.

Screenshot-20190816-180739-Amazon-Shopping.jpg[/url]

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Cs2ZnH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (£119.00 @ Amazon UK)
    Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard (£79.99 @ CCL Computers)
    Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£61.51 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Patriot Burst 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£44.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 8 GB Video Card (£319.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case (£79.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: RIOTORO ENIGMA G2 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£73.97 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £779.42
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-16 18:22 BST+0100

You were overpaying for RAM & SSD, IMHO - I'd put more money in motherboard & GPU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Back when I did my last build nvidia were the better card by far with compatibility ect Would I be missing out on anything not going with nvidia this time? I haven't been following new stuff lately so I'm totally out of the loop.

AMD are pretty much the go-to GPU for mid-range now.
    The RX 5700 would be 1-2 tiers above GTX 1660.

Ahh cool stuff mate didnt realise this.

Ok so kinda got carried away had to change a few things that went out of stock on amazon and added an M.2 ssd instead of standard ssd I'll re use a 500gb one, I also have a 1tb HD too.

Also went for a 5700xt after reading up on things and changed the case to Silverstone htpc case to fit in my unit.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/r7Dr9J

Should have it all next week :)

• Advertisement

20190828-162009.jpg

Nearly there...... They didn't have the ryzen 2600 in stock on amazon when I was ordering so I foolishly decided to order it off komplet as it wasn't that much more expensive..... Hasn't arrived yet and DHL hasn't updated the tracking since last Saturday morning when it "Departed Eindhoven" would this be normal for DHL in netherlands?

4x Noctua fans

Welcome to my addiction.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    4x Noctua fans

Welcome to my addiction.

5 :) when they are so cheap it would be a crime to not have one filling each hole so I went for 3 120s and 2 80s for exhaust..... Well that's how I think it's going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Nice haul. Build a HTPC years ago in an older Silverstone LC13 and a little tip (should still apply) is to put your power supply cables (24pin and 8 pin) under the motherboard. Really helps with cable management and probably airflow. Love Noctuas too, such good quality.

Nice haul. Build a HTPC years ago in an older Silverstone LC13 and a little tip (should still apply) is to put your power supply cables (24pin and 8 pin) under the motherboard. Really helps with cable management and probably airflow. Love Noctuas too, such good quality.

Thanks mate I actually only thought about cable management the other day after I had made the order and memories of my last couple builds came back to me and was thinking crap nowhere to hide cables.

Under the motherboard looks to be the best option alright but there really doesn't seem to be much options for other cables but will just, have to wait and see what I can come up with.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Thanks mate I actually only thought about cable management the other day after I had made the order and memories of my last couple builds came back to me and was thinking crap nowhere to hide cables.

Under the motherboard looks to be the best option alright but there really doesn't seem to be much options for other cables but will just, have to wait and see what I can come up with.

You'll have to get creative alright and you probably not get it right first time....the joys! Good luck.

You'll have to get creative alright and you probably not get it right first time....the joys! Good luck.

Im going to start building it tomorrow even if the cpu doesn't come I can put that in later and boot it up I'll have more time to play around with cables.

Any advise what I should do guys.

Still waiting on cpu from komplett it's been sent via DHL and and last update was it left Eindhoven last Saturday morning. Been in contact to DHL and they can't tell me why its not been update other then its in its way to Ireland but I should contact komplett to get them to open an official enquiry about it which I did on Wednesday and no update since.

At this stage would I be better off ordering one from amazon and have it on Monday and send back the one to komplett for a refund via PayPal when it does come??

Any advise what I should do guys.

Still waiting on cpu from komplett it's been sent via DHL and and last update was it left Eindhoven last Saturday morning. Been in contact to DHL and they can't tell me why its not been update other then its in its way to Ireland but I should contact komplett to get them to open an official enquiry about it which I did on Wednesday and no update since.

At this stage would I be better off ordering one from amazon and have it on Monday and send back the one to komplett for a refund via PayPal when it does come??

Just wait it out man, I understand you're eager to get up and running but returning to Komplett seems like an unnecessary hassle IMO.

Just wait it out man, I understand you're eager to get up and running but returning to Komplett seems like an unnecessary hassle IMO.

Haha could be bloody waiting at least another week at this stage dude there is literally no update from them at all.

Haha could be bloody waiting at least another week at this stage dude there is literally no update from them at all.

Annoying for sure.

Annoying for sure.

Its like having a new car sitting in the driveway but they forgot to give me a key. :(

20190902-093833.jpg

Thanks to amazon finally have everything :p

Few basic pics of the build.

20190902-203152.jpg

Screenshot-20190902-203313-Gallery.jpg

Went together pretty ok one incompatibility in the case is with the fully modular psu I can't fit a 120mm fan in beside it to feed the gpu.

Also massive lack of cable management means it's not something I'd be showing off but it does look how wanted from the outside so that's all that really matters I guess.

So final spec at moment is

Silverstone gd09b htpc case
    Amd 2600 cpu
    Msi b450 gaming plus mobo
    2x 8gb g.skill 3000
    Gigabyte radeon rx 5700xt gpu
    Evga supernova 650 g1 plus psu
    Samsung 970evo plus nvme M.2 ssd
    Samsung 860qvo 1tb ssd
    4x Noctua fans.

Future plans will be get a decent monitor and look into vr headset.

Thanks for your help guys.

Advertisement