Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial Grass for decoration

Options
  • 16-08-2019 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to lay about 1.5m2 x 1.5m2 around the base of a tree in the corner behind a small flowerbed wall, at the moment I have soil, would it be ok to compact this as much as I can (as area is tight) and just lay the grass on top? It will never be walked on etc, just used as a fairy corner for my daughter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

I would get rid of the top soil and put sharp sand down. Couple inches will do. Would not recommend laying it on soil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

How many pieces of artificial grass do you plan on using? It comes in straight strips how will you arrange it around a base of an existing tree?

I have it in my garden and it's great but I have a single sheet of it 4m wide x 7m long.

You can buy 1m wide rolls though

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gazelec

If I could find 2 x 2 sheet of it that would do, I was going to cut it straight up to the middle and then try to join the cut or place a mini walkway for the fairy house over the cut, prob would look terrible though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Yeah actually you could have 2 parallel pieces 750mm wide each and 1.5m long

Cut a semi circle out of both of them to fit around the tree depending on size of tree

If you're near to Naas, Sanctuary Synthetics sell off cuts at their sales office, so you could be lucky and get the size you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gazelec

What would be the correct method in laying this,
    Flatten down the topsoil
    Place a layer of gravel and beat down
    Place a layer of sand (plastering sand or mortar sand do?)
    Place some weed membrane down
    Lay the grass

Advertisement