Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit discussion thread X (Please read OP before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭RickBlaine

At the very least, you'd expect the Leader of the House to have the courtesy and respect to sit up straight while listening to the debate.

EDkIGWrXUAAy1g2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

RickBlaine wrote: »
    At the very least, you'd expect the Leader of the House to have the courtesy and respect to sit up straight while listening to the debate.

EDkIGWrXUAAy1g2.jpg

You would if he wasn't Molly coddled as a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,380 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

EDkIGWrXUAAy1g2.jpg

Sulking like a child.. he has to endure all these poor people

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

As I say, NI Assembly elections if they are going to be held after a no-deal will likely have a nationalist majority this border poll.

SDLP are pissing votes to Alliance since the FF deal so that's unlikely. There is already a Unionist minority since the last election; the balance of power held by the unaligned parties

• Registered Users Posts: 15,622 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Its all part of the act. The man has nothing useful to say, so you need something else. He has gone with the Top Tory Act so cover from his lack of anything even remotely intelligent. It makes people talk about that rather than his attempts to cover up the prorogation and his lack of any actual ideas.

• Advertisement

Dominic Grieve gave an excellent speech, barely concealing his rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

EDkIGWrXUAAy1g2.jpg

Been like that since Ken Clarke tore him a new one so hes sulking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

EDkIGWrXUAAy1g2.jpg
    What a pr_ _ k

• Registered Users Posts: 11,585 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

lawred2 wrote: »
    Sulking like a child.. he has to endure all these poor people

If Bercow has any sense he'll tell him to sort himself out.

EDkKmgUXUAI2aMC?format=jpg&name=small

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Two Scottish MPs in a row got to speak. Sky and bbc diminish them into the corner. No volume.

No MPs in the house of note to hear them.

Precious union. Indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭Enzokk

What is Rees-Mogg doing? Maybe he has a bad back and needs to stretch out, at least I hope it is that. Otherwise it looks terrible, like he is not interested in the events and it is boring him.

I cannot believe it but I actually think Jeremy Clarkson has the solution,

https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/1168900817371455489?s=20

As for Labour, for once they seem to have their ducks in a row.

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1168973611727839237?s=20

Emily Thornberry confirming that they will try to get legislation in place first before going to an election. That is the most logical thing they could do and not fall for the trap that Johnson seems to have set for them. Credit where it is due, lets hope they get the legislation done. If not, they will need to consider a VONC as that would be the next step to try and get the legislation done or general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

L1011 wrote: »
    The "opposition" also includes ex-Labour MP Jared O'Mara who doesn't turn up and is meant to resign today. That by-election will definitely go Lib Dem but won't be held that quickly.

He withdrew his resignation.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wonder why Jacob Rees-Mogg isn't a fan of Parnell...

https://twitter.com/Seanofthesouth/status/1168965242061238272

His behaviour is so juvenile and petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

If Bercow has any sense he'll tell him to sort himself out.

EDkKmgUXUAI2aMC?format=jpg&name=small

He's awake at the very least. We often see MPs lying asleep in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

How many Tories will switch.grieve,Hammond,Stewart and Clark will surely vote against Johnson.i go with 10 to vote with the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

boggerman1 wrote: »
    How many Tories will switch.grieve,Hammond,Stewart and Clark will surely vote against Johnson.i go with 10 to vote with the opposition.

LBC reported 17 had declared rebellious intentions already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

F**k me lying down sneering while people talk he has no honor.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

He withdrew his resignation.

He still won't turn up I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

All JRM' antics will be forgotten about tomorrow. I am sure you all remember the intricate interminable dramas in HOC from last year. Where did that lead them? Nowhere at all.

This is the last chance saloon now. But I doubt they care much either way as long as they manage to stay in power.

Yep, I am that cynical now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

but there are quislings like Hoey who will vote with th government

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

boggerman1 wrote: »

Wouldnt surprise me if there were one or two above the expected, given the way the pm and his trusted brexiteer lieutenants performed today. Dont think 20 is out of the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Labour snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?

https://twitter.com/iainjwatson/status/1168978694846713858

• Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Enzokk wrote: »
    What is Rees-Mogg doing? Maybe he has a bad back and needs to stretch out, at least I hope it is that. Otherwise it looks terrible, like he is not interested in the events and it is boring him.

I cannot believe it but I actually think Jeremy Clarkson has the solution,

https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/1168900817371455489?s=20

As for Labour, for once they seem to have their ducks in a row.

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1168973611727839237?s=20

Emily Thornberry confirming that they will try to get legislation in place first before going to an election. That is the most logical thing they could do and not fall for the trap that Johnson seems to have set for them. Credit where it is due, lets hope they get the legislation done. If not, they will need to consider a VONC as that would be the next step to try and get the legislation done or general election.

My god have I just agreed with Jeremy Clarkson

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    He's awake at the very least. We often see MPs lying asleep in there.

Are we sure he's awake:

EDkNeVRXsAANyoI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Labour snatching defeat from the jaws of victory?

https://twitter.com/iainjwatson/status/1168978694846713858

Only 17 signatories, so looks like they've lost a few of their original number. Think there were in the region of 25-26 labour leavers or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,585 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Are we sure he's awake:

Yes, I would imagine that he usually sleeps upside-down from the rafters like a bat.

Speaking of bats, here's Kate Hoey talking absolute guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,622 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I get that there is much happening in the HoC today, but I still find it odd that so little has been made of the reporting that Johnson has offered no alternatives to the EU. Nothing.

Foster broke the story, which of course was denied, but the EU has come out and claimed that they have received nothing. McGuinness said on C4 news that talking is not negotiating, no matter what Johnson may claim.

It is a scandal that apparently Johnson, and by extension the cabinet, have basically been lying to the country

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I wish I were more positive, but I don't think the rebel plot will succeed. Great if it does though and I am hoping for that.

Another day and another watch of Parliament Live yippee.

Us anoraks love this don't we? Whether we admit it or not.

Our own Dail is so dull in comparison. All reading scripts AFAIS. But that's off topic.

Has the vote been approved yet for no to NO DEAL does anyone know? Maybe that vote hasn't been taken yet dunno.

Have a life, with one eye on things!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Who is this MP taking now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Kate Hooey throwing mud and dubious facts. She states that the bill would give the EU powers to decide for the UK, which is not true. If the EU proposes a date longer than the proposed date it has to be approved by parliament I believe.

Then she mentions that proroguing is only 4-5 days extra, which it isn't. It is stopping all of parliament work for 5 weeks, strange that they never bother with this. Didn't sound like she had much support.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement