Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit discussion thread X (Please read OP before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wow Sky News and BBC really do seem to think if a Scot is speaking they can just cut away, it happens too much to be a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

ongarite wrote: »
    That's a huge loss for Boris.
    All we need now is Labour to vote against GE just to screw with Boris even more.

What happens in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

This is absolutely fantastic TV, this will make an amazing series in 20 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

BASHIR wrote: »
    Poor Ian always cut off by sky and BBC

lol... yep.

Every programme director knows to move one when he waddles up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

He got his ass whipped mate

Nope he's walked these clowns right into it. The public aren't sending Corbyn to Brussels. It's over. No deal inevitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Can't push that through himself though can he? Needs others to want it , and they won't go for it now.

No, needs 2/3 majority for it (which he will get with labour whip under Corbyn forced to vote for it and the Tories confident they could win)

Or alternatively a motion of no confidence in the Government which Corbyn will put down if the above does not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

JC having a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ginger, get the popcorn.

If I were to pick an outcome I'd say national unity government under a temporary PM, Labour won't vote for an election while Brexit remains a fight.

Nuanced referendum, maybe multi-stage to give sovereignty to the people.

He got his ass whipped mate

Nope he's walked these clowns right into it. The public aren't sending Corbyn to Brussels. It's over. No deal inevitable.
    No balls, I'm disappointed in ye mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 figges

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Public disorder ? Although referring to that as evil is a bit harsh.

Something more sinister I suspect. Something heinous, in his mind at least. When men of integrity say things like that its a bit worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

What happens in that case?
    He might then be forced to actually negotiate with the EU despite his and the Tories repeated barefaced lies that they are negotiating with the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

sdanseo wrote: »
    No, needs 2/3 majority for it (which he will get with labour whip under Corbyn forced to vote for it and the Tories confident they could win)

Or alternatively a motion of no confidence in the Government which Corbyn will put down if the above does not happen.

Sources telling BBC that Labour won't support a GE of Boris's choosing.

Boris is heading into a difficult space if so.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Agreed.. I think he Will be the one going to Brussels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

sdanseo wrote: »

No, and no.
    Corbyn says Labour will not back early election motion unless bill ruling out no-deal passed first

Jeremy Corbyn says, if Johnson wants an election, he must get the bill passed first.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/sep/03/commons-showdown-looms-in-battle-over-no-deal-brexit-live#5d6ecae58f0845a5dab7cc4d

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ath262

Lame Duck Prime Minister coming up soon - no majority let alone 66% so they should be able to hold off election under FTPA, if the Gov. tries to force a 1 liner temp Election motion overridng FTPA they should be able to resist that also ..... just. The alliance will work on avoiding the no-deal brexit on then 31st, force Boris to ask for extension, or form temporary unity Gov.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

That Brexit party vote in euros election will surely all go to tories now with Farage Boris axis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm watching BBC Parliament - gavel to gavel!

Anna Soubry just raised a point about the Conservative Party - that everyone who voted Aye will have the whip removed.

Nicky Morgan resigned from Treasury Committee, not sure if that portends

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Looks like 21 Tory MPs voted against the government. I guess they are losing the whip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Ginger, get the popcorn.

If I were to pick an outcome I'd say national unity government under a temporary PM, Labour won't vote for an election while Brexit remains a fight.

Nuanced referendum, maybe multi-stage to give sovereignty to the people.

This is the best solution but will Corbyn allow it?

SNP in favour of soonest possible election due to recent resignation of Scottish Tory leader. They would be headed for almost all seats in Scotland.

Corbyn in favour of soonest election because he is pathetic and knows he may well never get another shot.

Lib Dems in favour of an election because they have all of 15 seats.

Tories, hell, in favour because the above three will dilute the opposition vote.

• Advertisement

Jrm looks like a drowning man

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

lol... yep.

Every programme director knows to move one when he waddles up

You are missing out then

I'm watching BBC Parliament - gavel to gavel!

Anna Soubry just raised a point about the Conservative Party - that everyone who voted Aye will have the whip removed.

Including Nicholas Soames. And we all thought Johnson thought he was the modern version of Churchill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

That isn't how it works.

BoJo is going to a general election having failed to do the one thing he promised to do

The British people would be literally mad to elect the lying Tories yet again.

Their fight isn't with labour.
    The threat to the Tories is as always in suburban England where they have massive crossover with the Lib Dems
    Then there is the Farage Party hoovering up the vital few percent of rural Tories.

If there is an election before Oct 31'st, Jezza will be PM.
    And he'll be there on 1/3rd of the vote.

bilston wrote: »
    Looks like 21 Tory MPs voted against the government. I guess they are losing the whip.
    Nobody talking about this, its absolutely massive news!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,070 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

This is absolutely fantastic TV, this will make an amazing series in 20 years!

And they still won't have left

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

bilston wrote: »

Brussels will be kind to dem. $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Former Con MP on Sky saying Johnson went to the country saying he'd get out of EU by 31st of October. That's not true, he went to Conservative membership with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Limpy wrote: »
    Agreed.. I think he Will be the one going to Brussels.

Labour have screwed the remoaners by keeping Corbyn in. If they had replaced him with someone competent when they had the chance they could have overthrown the democratic will of the public.

• Advertisement

Great stat on Twitter.

Jacob Rees Mogg has rebelled against the Tory whip about 100 times in 9 years.

David Gauke has done it once in 14 years.

JRM is now in cabinet, Gauke is to lose the whip...it sums up the state of the Tories.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement