Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashing message from boi

Options
  • 16-08-2019 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Had flashing message from boi about never asking for information etc. Is not in my text messages or fb or email? I don’t want to open my bank app now but will need to soon, is it safe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭budgie412

Similar here. I got a security alert text message from the bank at 6 this evening saying they wouldn't request online details by text and that fraudulent tests were going around.

About half an hour later, I got a push notification from my 365 app with the same contents. I've never received a push notification through the app before. I didn't click on the notification. I called 0818 365 365 customer service who couldn't clarify whether the app push was genuine or not and requested I send a screenshot to a 365security@boi.com. (haven't yet).

My wife also got the push notification and clicked on it, it did not enter the app and just disappeared.

Can ye please confirm if the push notification came from BOI directly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi all,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on boards.

We can confirm that the push notification is legitimate. Please be advised that Bank of ireland will never send any email or text asking for account password information. If you are ever unsure of anything you receive claiming to be from Bank of Ireland please feel free to get in touch with us.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement