Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Room Supply/Board wiring

Options
  • 16-08-2019 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

So i got a renovation and asked the electrician to wire a supply to the shed in ductingfor an eventual few sockets and lights as I was going to turn it into a gym. I asked him what breaker would go in the main board and sub board and he said a 32amp breaker on each end feeding a 20amp and 10amp for sockets and lights.

Does that sound right? Looks like a 4sq nym-j cable running from board to shed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'm sure he had an 32 amp rated isolater at one end and the 32 amp breaker at the other

Or a 32 amp breaker feeding a 25 amp breaker wouldn't really have the same size breaker at either end.

Most sub boards under 100 amps are fed by an disconnection device with a breaker at the sub board side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Phil.x

GSPfan wrote: »
    Hi lads,

So i got a renovation and asked the electrician to wire a supply to the shed in ductingfor an eventual few sockets and lights as I was going to turn it into a gym. I asked him what breaker would go in the main board and sub board and he said a 32amp breaker on each end feeding a 20amp and 10amp for sockets and lights.

Does that sound right? Looks like a 4sq nym-j cable running from board to shed.

Ive a 6 square swa with a 25amp rcbo at the house and a single row board in the shed.

A 32amp rcbo is ok with that square cable, cables outdoor have a higher current rating.
    It has to be a mcb + elcb or rcbo for protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Just checked the supply cable and it’s actually 6sq mm.

Advertisement