Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 3 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Perez to Martial
    Wilson to Barnes. Considered Pukki but fixtures are an issue now.

No hits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

dsmythy wrote: »
    Wood to Pukki. Despise early transfers but my team value already horrible. Saving 0.5 preseason helped here.

I did that last year but this year used it in Norwood
    In effect costing me 4 points
    Defo keeping .5 next season again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Siggy to Martial worth -4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Siggy to Martial worth -4?

Don’t think so
    Siggy was slow enough to get motoring last year too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Martial & KDB are really temoting me to wildcard this week.

The last forward piston is tricky as I'm not convinced about Pukki with his fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think there's a decent chance Pukki dries up, but when a 6.5 forward is scoring 4 in the first 2 games I think you have to make sure you don't get left behind and just get him in. The risks of being left on the bad side of this (not getting him in and him continuing his run) are too high.

Chelsea do not at all look solid defensively, Zouma in particular looks way out of his depth. I can def see him scoring in the next match - he'll get a few chances, I've no doubt about that. Also remember that Pukki scored against Liverpool at Anfield. There's an argument he's fixture proof.

At the very worst I'll be selling him for a 0.1 profit in a few weeks.

It's tough as there are probably lots of areas managers need to strengthen. I think I'm having an okay start (not good, not bad, 131 points), but I made 3 changes this week and there's still lots more changes I'd like to make. Still stuck with Locadia for example. However, Pukki is one player I'm not taking the risk on on missing the bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Wildcard active. Currently running a team without Liverpool cover as I feel there is almost just as good options for lower the price and although it feels strange going without Salah/Mane for the foreseeable, I don't see where I'll be captaining either given City's fixtures (until say, GW.

I also really want to fit in De Bruyne & Rashford, and I believe the price point of Martial, Mount, and Ceballos are too good to pass up a midfield slot.

Does this strategy sound crazy? Granted I'll probably cave as the thought of No Salah terrifies me. Currently running with:

GK: Adrian (Button)
    DF: Wan Bissaka, Zinchenko, Walkers-Peters (Soyuncu, Lundstram)
    MD: Sterling, De Bruyne, Martial, Mount (Ceballos)
    FD: Kane, Rashford, Pukki

Might switch out Adrian for someone else as he's a substitute waiting to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Looking at
    Siggy- Martial
    King - Barnes
    Perez - Cabellos
    For a -4.. any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

I'm sitting on 1FT having already done Barkley to Grealish. OR is 60kish so I think I'll sit pretty and roll the extra transfer for GW4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    roll the extra transfer for GW4.

Pretty sure it is a case of 'use or lose'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

If you do not use your free transfer, you are able to make an additional free transfer the following Gameweek. If you do not use this saved free transfer in the following Gameweek, it will be carried over until you do. You can never have more than 1 saved transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

You can carry at max one free transfer to the next GW. If you have 2 FT and use one you can still carry the other one to the next gameweek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Wildcard active. Currently running a team without Liverpool cover as I feel there is almost just as good options for lower the price and although it feels strange going without Salah/Mane for the foreseeable, I don't see where I'll be captaining either given City's fixtures (until say, GW.

I also really want to fit in De Bruyne & Rashford, and I believe the price point of Martial, Mount, and Ceballos are too good to pass up a midfield slot.

Does this strategy sound crazy? Granted I'll probably cave as the thought of No Salah terrifies me. Currently running with:

GK: Adrian (Button)
    DF: Wan Bissaka, Zinchenko, Walkers-Peters (Soyuncu, Lundstram)
    MD: Sterling, De Bruyne, Martial, Mount (Ceballos)
    FD: Kane, Rashford, Pukki

Might switch out Adrian for someone else as he's a substitute waiting to happen.

Makes sense to me, it's a risk but there's good rationale behind it. It's hard to know which of the front 3 to go with. Argument for putting in Firmino who looks good, is cheaper, and is a striker where there are less options. The rationale behind captaining City players for the next 5 makes sense.

I'd strongly be considering triple City attack/midfield if I was on a wildy now. Aguero is proven and there's a really decent chance of him getting his customary hattrick against a weak team in the next 5, even if he is a sub risk and expensive. Mahrez is another who looks like he will get minutes and points, even if benched you might expect points coming off the bench. Even D.Silva is someone I expect to play more often than not and is a cheap way in. I can't see him not getting amongst the points in the next 5, but there would be frustration / doubt there with Pep's wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Barkley to Trossard before he dropped. Already lost money on Bilva. Still have a FT and 0 itb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Barkley & VVD to Martial and Montoya

No hits, 2 FT

Worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Morzadec wrote: »
    Makes sense to me, it's a risk but there's good rationale behind it. It's hard to know which of the front 3 to go with. Argument for putting in Firmino who looks good, is cheaper, and is a striker where there are less options. The rationale behind captaining City players for the next 5 makes sense.

I'd strongly be considering triple City attack/midfield if I was on a wildy now. Aguero is proven and there's a really decent chance of him getting his customary hattrick against a weak team in the next 5, even if he is a sub risk and expensive. Mahrez is another who looks like he will get minutes and points, even if benched you might expect points coming off the bench. Even D.Silva is someone I expect to play more often than not and is a cheap way in. I can't see him not getting amongst the points in the next 5, but there would be frustration / doubt there with Pep's wheel.
    Thanks for the reply. I think I'm gonna to go for it. I know this isn't probably the 'pro player' route by taking a pretty big gamble but screw it, it's a punt in a game of punts. The only thing that worries me is GW5 when Liverpool host Newcastle at home. I'll monitor them and if it appears I really need to get in one of their big hitters for it, at least I'll have a few gameweeks to work one in by banking next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭passinginterest

Taking a -4.

Hourihane (my big outside punt for the first couple of weeks) to Ceballos
    Perez to Martial
    Deeney to Barnes

Ryan, Pope
    TAA, Maguire, Zinchenko, Emerson, Walker-Peters
    Sterling, Salah, Dendoncker, Martial, Ceballos
    Jota, Barnes, Pukki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Taking a -4.

Hourihane (my big outside punt for the first couple of weeks) to Ceballos
    Perez to Martial
    Deeney to Barnes

Ryan, Pope
    TAA, Maguire, Zinchenko, Emerson, Walker-Peters
    Sterling, Salah, Dendoncker, Martial, Ceballos
    Jota, Barnes, Pukki

Surely just use the two transfers and leave Deeney to Barnes for a week?

Is it worth giving away 4 points (ie goal) to get Barnes a week earlier who also has a far more difficult fixture than Deeney?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭passinginterest

Surely just use the two transfers and leave Deeney to Barnes for a week?

Is it worth giving away 4 points (ie goal) to get Barnes a week earlier who also has a far more difficult fixture than Deeney?

Yeah, probably, but I panicked and did them a few days ago. Had planned to just be a no hit but then added the Martial transfer too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Douglas luiz and martial in for Barkley Perez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Morzadec wrote: »
    I think there's a decent chance Pukki dries up, but when a 6.5 forward is scoring 4 in the first 2 games I think you have to make sure you don't get left behind and just get him in. The risks of being left on the bad side of this (not getting him in and him continuing his run) are too high.

Chelsea do not at all look solid defensively, Zouma in particular looks way out of his depth. I can def see him scoring in the next match - he'll get a few chances, I've no doubt about that. Also remember that Pukki scored against Liverpool at Anfield. There's an argument he's fixture proof.

At the very worst I'll be selling him for a 0.1 profit in a few weeks.

It's tough as there are probably lots of areas managers need to strengthen. I think I'm having an okay start (not good, not bad, 131 points), but I made 3 changes this week and there's still lots more changes I'd like to make. Still stuck with Locadia for example. However, Pukki is one player I'm not taking the risk on on missing the bandwagon.

There are plenty of cut price strikers that have done a job for a season, or the best part of a season, in the past. For example, Jimenez last year, Charlie Austin a few years back at QPR and to delve really into the past, Darren Bent back when he came up with Charlton!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Lemlin wrote: »
    There are plenty of cut price strikers that have done a job for a season, or the best part of a season, in the past. For example, Jimenez last year, Charlie Austin a few years back at QPR and to delve really into the past, Darren Bent back when he came up with Charlton!

Darren Bent, I remember the love. Bit of love too for Van der Vaart at Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Don't forget Harold Kane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

There's not many strikers that get to 20 goals though. Jiminez got 13 last year. So best case scenario, you're most likely looking at Pukki to get another 12 or so goals over the next 36 gameweeks. This will end in tears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shedite27 wrote: »
    There's not many strikers that get to 20 goals though. Jiminez got 13 last year. So best case scenario, you're most likely looking at Pukki to get another 12 or so goals over the next 36 gameweeks. This will end in tears

I think he’s well capable of it. He’s central to everything Norwich do in attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Is Salah to Sterling for a hit madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Pukki could be this years Michu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

What price was Vardy start of league winning year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shedite27 wrote: »

If the goals dry up, just bank the cash and move on. No one is signing him for the next 36 weeks. If he ends up being a season keeper, great but if not, it's easy to move him on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

munster87 wrote: »
    What price was Vardy start of league winning year?

6m and finished at 7.4m.

Advertisement