Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers Have Taken Over Carrickphierish Road...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

And as usual there will be no one brought to account for it. Everyone should all be accountable for their actions even minorities, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment
    The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in.

Not accessible to me, mightn't be to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

marlin vs wrote: »
    And as usual there will be no one brought to account for it. Everyone should all be accountable for their actions even minorities, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Shocking isn't it? The Gardaí may as well come right out and say in a press statement "The Travellers can do whatever they want to whomever they want without recourse and they will never, ever be punished for it". Because that's the reality here, all you can do is try not to be living near any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

Shocking isn't it? The Gardaí may as well come right out and say in a press statement "The Travellers can do whatever they want to whomever they want without recourse and they will never, ever be punished for it". Because that's the reality here, all you can do is try not to be living near any of them.

But if that was the case, why do they make up such a large portion of the prison population?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Odelay wrote: »
    But if that was the case, why do they make up such a large portion of the prison population?

It is the case, that's the reality of people who live near them. How many times recently have these people been arrested and jailed for their anti-social behaviour and recent sulky activities? I can think of none . Do you have a link as to them being a "large" part of the prison population? Yes, they do make up some of it no doubt, but in general, they can 100% operate outside the law, the Gardaí are too scared of them to really take them on. The dogs on the street know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Travellers do make a very significant part of the prison population. in fact they're over represented

• Registered Users Posts: 29,394 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Travellers do make a very significant part of the prison population. in fact they're over represented

It shows we are failing very badly at addressing their needs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dreadful place with some dreadful people who now have the run of the place. They need a permanent Garda presence I'm sure Ward 3 can cope with a few less cops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Yeah, it's a dreadful place alright. No boundaries either. Taking over the whole area completely. I see they are burning stuff in the big stubble field opposite now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Could be a new feud on the horizon too, judging by a post on Facebook. One of the call out videos, if that doesn't get sorted quick there are two families who don't really have a habit of backing down in these circumstances. Especially given its a public call out thing.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Apologies, the dispute in question centres on members of two families, one in Ballybeg and one in St Catherines Grange. I just get wary with traveller disputes as they are all so interconnected that you never know who is going to end up involved.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Get the bikers out after em

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Get the bikers out after em

what will a few guys in lycra do????

robtri wrote: »
    what will a few guys in lycra do????

They don’t like the bikers... Heard about one particularly good hit when a particular biker was refused payment for a day’s work... some blood was lst from what I hear

No blood, bit of carpet got torn up though alright

There were discussions about that place on the radio this week. Seems two little thugs from the wild west halting site up there put a pellet gun to an 11 year old boys head and fired it. Ended up in hospital. Seems he is ok but that's atrocious. Kids from the neighbouring estates are terrified.

And yet, they want to add more bays to that dirty, lawless, unhygienic hell hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bluess99

And yet, they want to add more bays to that dirty, lawless, unhygienic hell hole.[/quote]

7 more bays been added in the coming months. That will nearly double the travelers up there (not including the ones camped on the side of the road).You cant even drive across that road anymore.

Council should be ashamed after creating this suitation.

Maybe the plan is to corral them all in the one place! No, it's a disaster from top to bottom, the authorities just seem to be willing to do nothing other than make a bad situation worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

They don’t like the bikers... Heard about one particularly good hit when a particular biker was refused payment for a day’s work... some blood was lst from what I hear

Heard about that too!

bluess99 wrote: »
    And yet, they want to add more bays to that dirty, lawless, unhygienic hell hole.

7 more bays been added in the coming months. That will nearly double the travelers up there (not including the ones camped on the side of the road).You cant even drive across that road anymore.

Council should be ashamed after creating this suitation.[/quote]

Its unbelievable. I just cant get my head around it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Maybe the plan is to corral them all in the one place! No, it's a disaster from top to bottom, the authorities just seem to be willing to do nothing other than make a bad situation worse.

All it takes is one family to dislike the other or a settled family with connections for one of their kids to get hit with a pellet gun and the powder keg explodes, Gracedieu was a real up and coming nice place years ago until the housing died and them apts were left to ruin for junkies and drug dealers to use them for their dirty trade since then the place has gone to crap. When the first set of travellers were up there there was never any issues I could even go running that side and say hello on the way and get a friendly hello back but it's toxic up there now.

No blood, bit of carpet got torn up though alright

Oh, I heard more exaggerated version of the story then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

It is the case, that's the reality of people who live near them. How many times recently have these people been arrested and jailed for their anti-social behaviour and recent sulky activities? I can think of none . Do you have a link as to them being a "large" part of the prison population? Yes, they do make up some of it no doubt, but in general, they can 100% operate outside the law, the Gardaí are too scared of them to really take them on. The dogs on the street know that.

Here ya go.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/disproportionate-number-of-travellers-in-prison-population-1.3263524?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fsocial-affairs%2Fdisproportionate-number-of-travellers-in-prison-population-1.3263524

"Travellers make up 0.6 per cent of the population yet account for 10 per cent of the male prisoner population and 22 per cent of the female prison population."

I'm not defending them, I defending the comment made that the guard do nothing and let them away with it. Travellers aren't rocking up to the prisons and letting themselves in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Oh, I heard more exaggerated version of the story then :D

Me too, refused to pay the carpenter and threatened him with the usual who know who I am, yea but he didn't know who he was messing with. Story goes that he got the crap beaten out of him, Carpet ripped back up and he handed over the money owed to them. That's one set of bikers you don't mess with cause they'll destroy you.

Believe me, there was no blood shed. There was threats, there was carpet torn back up (and he was completely aware of who was putting in the carpet at the time but still tried it!) and I believe there was money handed over alright, for labour costs etc. There was also some very tense moments when certain people came across other people but there was no actual blood shed over that particular incident.

That set of biker's are dodgy enough themselves, not got much time for either of those two factions personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Definition of "feek" [feek]

To walk about in perplexity.

:D:D:D

More of the saga from a slightly different address.

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/02/27/a-suburban-nightmare/

Are the Council taking the Neville Group to task about the failure to do their job? And if a bunch of shoddy developers can't fulfil their contract the council should take charge and do what they can to improve things on the estate.

• Advertisement

It really is an horrendous area. Abandoned and thrown to the wolves (or travellers).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement