Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers Have Taken Over Carrickphierish Road...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Azatadine wrote: »
    Passed by there yesterday and I see that they have moved a bunch more caravans into the area between the original halting site and the newer Southfork site.

So amongst other things, they've broken the lockdown rules...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Deiseen wrote: »

Like all other rules, they don't apply to them doncha know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Like all other rules, they don't apply to them doncha know.

Exactly. Not one single thing, not ONE, will be done about the travellers. I know it, you know it, the dogs on the street know it. Even the people who preach that they should be treated with humanity and empathy (who by the way don't live anywhere near them, funnily enough) know, deep down, that nothing will ever be done about them.

They can do whatever they want because the general public and the Gardaí are too scared of them to take them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,394 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

right thats it, im becoming a traveler, sounds like great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Exactly. Not one single thing, not ONE, will be done about the travellers. I know it, you know it, the dogs on the street know it. Even the people who preach that they should be treated with humanity and empathy (who by the way don't live anywhere near them, funnily enough) know, deep down, that nothing will ever be done about them.

They can do whatever they want because the general public and the Gardaí are too scared of them to take them on.

Any real chance the Gardai/Law had of dealing with them went out the window when the travellers were given minority status.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    right thats it, im becoming a traveler, sounds like great craic

I believe you have to fight your way in though, and tell me this.....ever had any funny attractions to family members?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 29,394 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I believe you have to fight your way in though, and tell me this.....ever had any funny attractions to family members?

funny you should say that, im still struggling to figure out which one of my brothers is my father, lifes so complicated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Is that glorified caravan without wheels still up there.

marlin vs wrote: »
    Is that glorified caravan without wheels still up there.

Yep, "Southfork" as its affectionately known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

It’s the same all over the country , Enniscorthy , Longford , Birr , Tullamore ,Kildare etc etc
    Travellers can do what they want and the tax payer. will pay for it all .
    Joke of a country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Deiseen wrote: »

And yet, the bleeding heart brigade want us all to be so concerned about how travellers are disproportionately affected by the virus because of their living situation, and yet, they seem determined to make it even worse for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Santan

Robbed the caravan from our house last year, thankfully it was found in one of their store houses along with 2 more and huge amounts of other stolen goods, 2 guys found in there at the time, detective told us the guy in charge was from this site and advised us to not go any further with the case and was giving the same advice to one of the other caravan owners for fear of retribution. They had gutted the caravan causing 1000's worth of damage and this is how they are dealt with, disgusting how we are treated with the law in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Santan wrote: »
    Robbed the caravan from our house last year, thankfully it was found in one of their store houses along with 2 more and huge amounts of other stolen goods, 2 guys found in there at the time, detective told us the guy in charge was from this site and advised us to not go any further with the case and was giving the same advice to one of the other caravan owners for fear of retribution. They had gutted the caravan causing 1000's worth of damage and this is how they are dealt with, disgusting how we are treated with the law in comparison
    Sounds like that detective foolishly put his/her job on the line trying to save you or yours from being wounded over what is, after all, replaceable property. You should complain to gsoc, because after all you should have trusted the judges and social workers to look after you

Sounds like that detective foolishly put his/her job on the line trying to save you or yours from being wounded over what is, after all, replaceable property. You should complain to gsoc, because after all you should have trusted the judges and social workers to look after you

It was due to a debt to another traveller and the caravans were been used to pay said debt, the advice actually came from 2 garda and the detective in charge, it was not to go further with charges because he directly said they can do very little to prevent something happening to the house as they knew where they stole it from and the case would go on for a long time before reaching court, let's see if you would like to bring that on your family and home, to be told by the people paid to ensure your protection that they cannot protect you from this, and risk possible two sections of this society at your door. The detective told us the other caravan owner was not pushing going on the same advice.

It was due to a debt to another traveller and the caravans were been used to pay said debt, the advice actually came from 2 garda and the detective in charge, it was not to go further with charges because he directly said they can do very little to prevent something happening to the house as they knew where they stole it from and the case would go on for a long time before reaching court, let's see if you would like to bring that on your family and home, to be told by the people paid to ensure your protection that they cannot protect you from this, and risk possible two sections of this society at your door. The detective told us the other caravan owner was not pushing going on the same advice.

My point precisely, they did their job but knew the judiciary and social services wouldn't do the right thing so to save you physical violence they told you how things work in thus country. How could they possibly protect you ? You show your appreciation by coming on here whinging about the guards instead of directing your ire where it should best be directed. And no, I'm not a garda

And of course I wouldn't like to bring that on my family and home, but that's not the Gardas fault, that's your government and judiciary. Gardai have to deal with similar threats every day, and yes they signed up knowing this, but I'm sure they expected support from the aforementioned government and judiciary, but as someone mentioned earlier these people are now an ethnic minority

Double post

And of course I wouldn't like to bring that on my family and home, but that's not the Gardas fault, that's your government and judiciary. Gardai have to deal with similar threats every day, and yes they signed up knowing this, but I'm sure they expected support from the aforementioned government and judiciary, but as someone mentioned earlier these people are now an ethnic minority

This is exactly what im talking about, I have very little issue with how the guards operate, and see how much effort they go to to get a prosecution, only for a judge to give a pathetic sentence, so in short no my issue is not to do with the guards in my instance, but I do take issue with how the guards do so little in the grand scheme all over Ireland with travellers and the problems they create, bring, and have almost become accepted in society. I can jump and scream all I want about what travelers do and I will be ignored, but if it comes from the upper echelons of the garda forces it can't be ignored for very long before something has to happen, or maybe im being totally naive and that the reality is nobody that can change things actually gives a crap about the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

This sounds like a job for the great Gemma O'Doherty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

hardybuck wrote: »
    This sounds like a job for the great Gemma O'Doherty.

If she got involved against the travellers, everyone would say the travellers are great lads and never do anything bad shur ya couldn't be on the same side as her!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Spotted on Journal they have set up camp around UHW, any truth in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Look in Coronavirus thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

There's not a dock leaf to be found in the area either which is also a digrace to nature. They have all been used up for arse wiping duties among the knackeraguans. If you see any knacker in that area walking with a limp it's because they have the dreaded dock wart disease, a festured boil inside thheir hole's I'm told its an awful dose altogether.

The crowd up Carrickphierrish way have a portaloo on the pavement no less...... Wonder where they are emptying that....filthy ghetto.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

The crowd up Carrickphierrish way have a portaloo on the pavement no less...... Wonder where they are emptying that....filthy ghetto.

Friend of mine actually emptys them on behalf of the council in Cork so presume it's the same all over the country

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

They arrived on Monday night, 2 van loads, one of their "high kings" is in the hospital and they're "holding a vigil". There was Gardaí all around the hospital all day yesterday. Not sure if they managed to move them yesterday evening or overnight.

Edit to add - Gardaí are gone so I presume the travellers are gone.
    Second edit - one of the vans is still there, not sure how many are still here with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

A garda once told me travellers have started takind a dump in the back of the paddy wagon so as they are not hauled in.

they should run a lenght of pipe at roof level handcuff them to it and let them **** in their pants and bring them to court like that.Judge would see them in a different light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

A garda once told me travellers have started takind a dump in the back of the paddy wagon so as they are not hauled in.

they should run a lenght of pipe at roof level handcuff them to it and let them **** in their pants and bring them to court like that.Judge would see them in a different light.

Wouldn't it be great if the Gaurds could power wash the back of the van with the offender in it. Clean the van and the dirty fu(ker at the same time.

• Advertisement

They've taken over that entire road. Disgraceful how that road has been handed over to them. Fecking portaloos on the side of the road even. Jesus.

The reason that they've been allowed to form their ghetto there I'd guess is so that they will stat away from the other side of town.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement