Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers Have Taken Over Carrickphierish Road...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

They cleaned it up a little bit for a couple of weeks but it's heading back as bad as ever again now. Caravans everywhere. Portaloos on the footpath etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

I'll never understand why we have to fund their lifestyle choices. All the facilities provided to them are paid for by the taxpayer. It's very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

I'll never understand why we have to fund their lifestyle choices. All the facilities provided to them are paid for by the taxpayer. It's very frustrating.

It’s the same as ppl on the dole, they know how to rig the system and say they are excluded from jobs cause of their ethnicity, I would like to see if they have to go for interviews and courses like most ppl on the dole. They are in the main very hypocritical.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,394 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It’s the same as ppl on the dole, they know how to rig the system and say they are excluded from jobs cause of their ethnicity, I would like to see if they have to go for interviews and courses like most ppl on the dole. They are in the main very hypocritical.

the root causes of long term unemployment is actually very complex

No matter what though, I can't get my head around why they have to be so filthy in terms of their own property and also the surrounding properties that are not theirs!

The crowd up there have no respect for property or laws and terrorise anybody who dares to chance walking along that stretch of road or indeed drive along it. Eventually that entire road will be a no go area And I suspect that's part of their plan.

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    the root causes of long term unemployment is actually very complex

Long term because it’s been left to fester.

Azatadine wrote: »
    No matter what though, I can't get my head around why they have to be so filthy in terms of their own property and also the surrounding properties that are not theirs!

The crowd up there have no respect for property or laws and terrorise anybody who dares to chance walking along that stretch of road or indeed drive along it. Eventually that entire road will be a no go area And I suspect that's part of their plan.

I’ve never had an issue driving past there and I see loads walking past there anytime I’m driving past. There will be incidents for sure. I can’t get around that while s*** on your own doorstep nature either.

Long term because it’s been left to fester.

agreed, we re not willing to invest in these issues, not enough anyway, an astonishing level of investment is required in these causes

agreed, we re not willing to invest in these issues, not enough anyway, an astonishing level of investment is required in these causes

I think it’s gone beyond that now, they’ve more rights then any taxpayer will ever have.

I think it’s gone beyond that now, they’ve more rights then any taxpayer will ever have.

yea their criminal behavior needs to be dealt with, probably will never be though, unfortunately

• Advertisement

yea their criminal behavior needs to be dealt with, probably will never be though, unfortunately

I dunno what the Carrickpherish residents are up to but many of the major drug gangs in the country are run by “The Community”. In regards to this place I don’t think it’s over run yet, it might still have hope of the families there keep them all in check. I don’t live up there but I know ppl who do and they have to be always vigilant especially around Halloween when they call around to scope out houses according to the residents I’ve spoken to.

I dunno what the Carrickpherish residents are up to but many of the major drug gangs in the country are run by “The Community”. In regards to this place I don’t think it’s over run yet, it might still have hope of the families there keep them all in check. I don’t live up there but I know ppl who do and they have to be always vigilant especially around Halloween when they call around to scope out houses according to the residents I’ve spoken to.

yea i heard dealing is a major issue, particularly with the younger generations, its a fcuking mess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Too many government bodies turning a blind eye and doing nothing, the amount of land travellers takeover by putting horses in their initially and then claim squatters rights on is growing year on year . Perfect spots then to hide drug and cash stashs . Travellers have all the rights, the lawabiding have very few if not none in this country. Travellers are now richer than those they are robbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Too many government bodies turning a blind eye and doing nothing, the amount of land travellers takeover by putting horses in their initially and then claim squatters rights on is growing year on year . Perfect spots then to hide drug and cash stashs . Travellers have all the rights, the lawabiding have very few if not none in this country. Travellers are now richer than those they are robbing.

Not all travellers ar a like that

We know that but the ones who are blacken the names of the ones who aren’t at that craic. Their own ppl haven’t helped at all. They’ve done more damage to their own then anyone outside could ever do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

We know that but the ones who are blacken the names of the ones who aren’t at that craic. Their own ppl haven’t helped at all. They’ve done more damage to their own then anyone outside could ever do.

When travellers make vehement public statements against the behaviour of their wrong doers and call on authorities to deal harshly with them, just as settled people do regarding our own minority of scumbags, is when attitudes might begin to change somewhat towards the travellers as a whole.

When travellers make vehement public statements against the behaviour of their wrong doers and call on authorities to deal harshly with them, just as settled people do regarding our own minority of scumbags, is when attitudes might begin to change somewhat towards the travellers as a whole.

Harsher dealings with criminal behaviour rarely works

Harsher dealings with criminal behaviour rarely works

Harsher than what? Doing nothing?

Harsher than what? Doing nothing?

Depends how you define harsh, reoffending rates are relatively high across the board, I don’t think it matters much how harsh you deal with criminality

Depends how you define harsh, reoffending rates are relatively high across the board, I don’t think it matters much how harsh you deal with criminality

None of which refers to what I had posted ...... which was about the traveller community representatives calling for action against the traveller offenders, just as those in the settled community do.

It is up to the courts how harshly they are dealt with.

• Advertisement

True, many don't own horses

Massive earth moving going on there now in the field opposite the original ghetto. Right behind the footpath with the two new caravans. Must be going to build something in there.

Massive earth moving going on there now in the field opposite the original ghetto. Right behind the footpath with the two new caravans. Must be going to build something in there.

I’d not be leaving them on site in the evenings. Whatever will be built will be wrecked within a year of been created as usual. All we want is then to respect the land they are given when so many ppl in this country can’t get accommodation.

Three houses had already been started a few years ago but then the site was thrown to the wolves and they broke every window in the site office and took over the place.

I'm not sure who or what is doing the earth moving or for what purpose but I can't see how it will end with a nice estate or anything.

Seems to be planning permission up in the field opposite the gaeilscoil now too. I must stop and take a look at that next time I'm passing. It's in the section that they were evicted from a couple of years ago.

Three houses had already been started a few years ago but then the site was thrown to the wolves and they broke every window in the site office and took over the place.

I'm not sure who or what is doing the earth moving or for what purpose but I can't see how it will end with a nice estate or anything.

Seems to be planning permission up in the field opposite the gaeilscoil now too. I must stop and take a look at that next time I'm passing. It's in the section that they were evicted from a couple of years ago.

I know their place where there’s a housing Shell is their one to be done up but most be a new estate down the other end, must have a look if I’m around later

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

That was typical of Frisby, started 3 houses with no planning permission. Has it now alright.

Saw them loading top soil last week and the traveler kids running in and around the plant. No idea how you can even police that on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Sure who is going to buy a house there now? Existing houses for sale there cannot be sold because of the activities of the lovely people of the traveling community.

BBM77 wrote: »
    Sure who is going to buy a house there now? Existing houses for sale there cannot be sold because of the activities of the lovely people of the traveling community.

council maybe

Thats the whole problem over there. Not enough private housing and who would put in a private house over there now? Nobody. Its some shambles that they've created over there and its self propagating at this stage.

• Advertisement

Saw planning notice at the site beside the Gaelscoil this morning. An absolutely massive development going in beside the school premises (5.4 hectares) on the Gracedieu side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement