Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers Have Taken Over Carrickphierish Road...

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Motivator wrote: »
    Would it be worth protesting or going to the papers about these gutter people? They are out of control and seeing as nobody is doing anything about it, why don’t residents up that way go to the local or national press? <<<snip>>>What’s happening isn’t fair on people who are trying to get on with life.

Mod edit: I understand your frustrations, but we can’t allow a post like that here.

This guy is going a bit over the top alright..I read the original post and with words like petroleum, explosions etc mentioned I think the mods has no option.

I often wonder what the stock response from the Council is when you highlight the double standards with the planning application between travellers and non travellers. I mean, we all know the cold hard truth. The Guards are too scared of them to take them on in case their families are targeted. The dogs on the street know that and hence why they get away with murder.

But i had to jump through a million hoops to alter a wall outside my gaff. Forms and deadlines and follow up over the space of 6 months and here they are allowed to park up wherever they like and cause misery for their neighbours. Im curious as to what the official sugar coated line is though when these issues are raised with them..

I would imagine that the council officials receive the same threats that the gardai get......hence the double standards you refer to.......

When Im walking down that road and passing near that tribe I can hear a lot of things like "we don't want you here c***", "go back where you came from id***", "you're still here f****?"... So yes, we can talk about racism and discrimination....

Do you engage with them and use similar strong language or just keep walking on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Yes and do you? I suppose you know more than geneticists from the RSCI.

200 or so years of very limited genetic mixing do not a race or ethnicity make, in spite of what a bought and paid for institute decrees. It takes a bit more than that. How genetically unique are they really? What is hugely culturally different beyond bareknuckle boxing and a kind of self imposed vagrancy? Unique common language? They fail on pretty much every front for defining a race or ethnicity. But "Inda" says it's so, so it is.

Nevermind, it will be a social construct next week/ when it suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BroadcastStorm

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    Do you engage with them and use similar strong language or just keep walking on
    I just want to get home, too tired to go on that low level mindset. No point to argue with them because tomorrow and day after tomorrow i will need to go that way to my job and back...

• Advertisement

200 or so years of very limited genetic mixing do not a race or ethnicity make, in spite of what a bought and paid for institute decrees. It takes a bit more than that. How genetically unique are they really? What is hugely culturally different beyond bareknuckle boxing and a kind of self imposed vagrancy? Unique common language? They fail on pretty much every front for defining a race or ethnicity. But "Inda" says it's so, so it is.

Nevermind, it will be a social construct next week/ when it suits.

So they are the same as ‘us’......?
    I don’t think so.......there is sufficient ‘uniqueness’ especially around culture......not sure on the genetics front though......?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    So they are the same as ‘us’......?
    I don’t think so.......there is sufficient ‘uniqueness’ especially around culture......not sure on the genetics front though......?

It doesn't really matter whether they are the same as us or if they are bright green with horns out of the top of their heads. This is a Republic, with a constitution at least that holds all citizens and/or persons residing in the state to be both of equal standing and equally bound to behave in a manner in keeping with the laws and statutes laid out either in the constitution itself or in tandem to it.

There is zero, absolutely zero provision for anybodies ethnicity, "race" or otherwise special status plving them above the laws of the state and providing an exemption to behave like some kind of feral animal whilst trying to disguise this as a "culture". I can think of very few other states who would not only tolerate but actively encourage such flagrant abuse of the law and fellow citizens by a specific group, although to be fair with the way the likes of Sweden and even Germany are kowtowing to "new Europeans" we look to be heading down the same path throughout Europe.

Only one way to deal with it. If some are intent on behaving like indolent animals then treat them as such: The rod or the whip for bad behaviour, with the treat behind the back for when they learn the appropriate behaviour.

It doesn't really matter whether they are the same as us or if they are bright green with horns out of the top of their heads. This is a Republic, with a constitution at least that holds all citizens and/or persons residing in the state to be both of equal standing and equally bound to behave in a manner in keeping with the laws and statutes laid out either in the constitution itself or in tandem to it.

There is zero, absolutely zero provision for anybodies ethnicity, "race" or otherwise special status plving them above the laws of the state and providing an exemption to behave like some kind of feral animal whilst trying to disguise this as a "culture". I can think of very few other states who would not only tolerate but actively encourage such flagrant abuse of the law and fellow citizens by a specific group, although to be fair with the way the likes of Sweden and even Germany are kowtowing to "new Europeans" we look to be heading down the same path throughout Europe.

Only one way to deal with it. If some are intent on behaving like indolent animals then treat them as such: The rod or the whip for bad behaviour, with the treat behind the back for when they learn the appropriate behaviour.

Quite a rambling rant there for 12:33am.....

‘State actively encouraging abuse of law’.......?

‘Sweden and Germany kowtowing to new europeans’......Can you elaborate a bit more on this.....?

‘Rod or whip for bad behaviour’......Can you really be serious with such a suggestion......?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

It's evident that a number of posters are particularly annoyed by the situation.

A couple of open questions to those concerned:

- Have you communicated with your local representatives (Councillors and TDs)?

- If so, what type of response did you get?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

This thread has generated too many reported posts and attracted the worst of what boards has to offer. I see no advantage in leaving it open.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement