Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers Have Taken Over Carrickphierish Road...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Everyone knows they wouldn't put one on the Dunmore Road. I mean they can't even get any social housing out that way.

There's social housing in ballygunner kilcaragh estate less than half mile of dunmore roadalready. New houses in knockboy will have social housing. Can't see where on the actual dunmore road you could build them.too many cars in the rosd already. Knockboy is closest available and will be starting soon unless you go past river cottage pub .Farmland there though zoned agriculture suppose that doesn't agree with the narrative though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Cutting the dole won't work, as lots of them get money from running the entire drug industry around the town, laundering through well known pubs, money lending.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Cutting the dole won't work, as lots of them get money from running the entire drug industry around the town, laundering through well known pubs, money lending.

Same types of stuff that numerous non-travelers do then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Cabaal wrote: »
    Same types of stuff that numerous non-travelers do then?

Lol

Numerous settled people but not a major percentage of them! Most travellers are involved in criminal activity, so cant imagine the dole being cut, affecting them too much. That's probably just an 'icing on the cake' payment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

What an absolute frustrating situation for all the people in that area that live there. They're essentially marooned up there with **** all being done. Feel bad for people who bought homes and rent in anticipation of living in a new suburb, only to be let down by the council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Yeah, they are marooned with them alright. Seems to be at least one new addition to the ghetto when I passed by yesterday.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Can i ask a question and its not stirring the pot here.

But has anyone honestly ever seen a clean halting site?

Had anyone ever gone past a halting site and looked in and said wow that's really well looked after in there they are really proud of the area??

Why are so many people afraid to call a spade a spade??

Its a really ridiculous situation that this is has been allowed to get this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I live up in the front row of houses next to them.

The least the council could do would be to clean our estate after they throw all their ****e over the wall onto the green.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

dazftw wrote: »
    I live up in the front row of houses next to them.

The least the council could do would be to clean our estate after they throw all their ****e over the wall onto the green.
    That's the problem blame the council. They should be brought to account the same as anyone else.

• Advertisement

marlin vs wrote: »
    That's the problem blame the council. They should be brought to account the same as anyone else.

Maybe tell the council and then they can be brought to account. What do you want that chap to go in on his own and sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Kids were having a full on boxing match in my front garden this morning at 10am. Lol.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

They regularly fire stones at passing cars too. No rearing at all on them. Looks like there are no plans to do anything about them anyway. Only hope is that the area builds up a bit so that they have no fields to steal for horses (poor things).

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

Maybe it’s time to plant a mobile home outside city hall and see how long it stays there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Last time I drove past that way two toddlers in nappies were playing in the gutter at the side of the main road. You can scarcely imagine the hell your life would become if you were involved in an accident with them.

The time before that small kids were throwing stones at cars.

I just don't take that road any more. Feel sorry for the people who have to live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Bunch of travellers tried to mug me last night as I was walking home from a friend's house. One of them was shouting "shank him" four lads on bikes. Happened outside supermacs. I was just going through minding me own business. One got off his bike and wanted to fight me. Bit ironic because moments before I was only looking at the purple flag sign saying Waterford is a safe city at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Bunch of travellers tried to mug me last night as I was walking home from a friend's house. One of them was shouting "shank him" four lads on bikes. Happened outside supermacs. I was just going through minding me own business. One got off his bike and wanted to fight me. Bit ironic because moments before I was only looking at the purple flag sign saying Waterford is a safe city at night.

That's awful. Did you report it?

Waterford is getting the name of being full of travellers unfortunately. The halting sites at the entrances to the city is causing this perception.

I have heard people using the halting site in Carrickpherish as a landmark when giving directions to Sanofi.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Hardly much point. Guards act like travellers are their bosses.

be a "civil matter"

What the poster described was a crime and really needs to be reported.

If anyone ever gets around to addressing the problems described in this thread then crime statistics will be important.

If you don't go to the Garda station and make a statement as far as official Ireland is concerned it didn't happen.

Hardly much point. Guards act like travellers are their bosses.

be a "civil matter"

If you definitely don't want any further action taken, not reporting it is the way to go.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't hold your breath

I know it might seem like a useless exercise but that's the way the system works.

You officially log every wrongdoing.

If it's Garda issue you go to the station. If it's the County Council you go to them.

You get the picture etc.

Eventually some Councillor or other takes up the case and starts to make noises in the right places.

If the gardai/officials who don't want to do their jobs can point to a clean rap sheet and say "no problem" you are only helping them by not reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I was jumped by travellers a few years ago. The guards brought me home afterwards as I was kind of dazed. The advice from the guards was not to pursue it. I'm not the only person with this experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

I was jumped by travellers a few years ago. The guards brought me home afterwards as I was kind of dazed. The advice from the guards was not to pursue it. I'm not the only person with this experience.

The amount of Irish people that live in fear of these thugs. It's shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

That's very sad but its reality. Your life no doubt would be made an absolute misery when (and there is no if about it) they found out who you are and where you lived. Some of them are pure animals who will stop at nothing to destroy you.

I like to think there is good in most people but I have to make an exception for 99% of them.

Sorry to hear that.
    I can understand your reason.
    If these criminals were policed properly there would be no need for a complainant to put them away.
    There is more than enough law on the statute books.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Siberian Husky

hardybuck wrote: »
    If you definitely don't want any further action taken, not reporting it is the way to go.

Oh yeah. Then you'll be asked to appear in court.......the defence of the antisocial behaviour by a handful on this thread is sickening to say the least.

Oh yeah. Then you'll be asked to appear in court.......the defence of the antisocial behaviour by a handful on this thread is sickening to say the least.

If you are accusing me of defending antisocial behaviour, grateful if you could explain how, in your opinion, I did so.

In fairness he's right and he doesn't sound like he's defending antisocial behavior. If you don't report something then there is 100% chance of nothing being done.

Antisocial behavior has become a catch all for describing what are in many incidences crimes.

Assault, criminal damage etc. are all covered in the legislative code and any perpetrators should be dealt with according to the law.

Policing should involve earlier intervention with young people who are going down the wrong path. It's not good enough for AGS to treat crimes as ASB.

You can be sure that it wasn't their first rodeo for the thugs who assaulted Captain Redbeard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

I wonder if there's a link. Could be someone living in the first few houses because all the gards are at the entrance to the estate.... https://waterford-news.ie/2019/12/23/male-injured-in-shooting-incident/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement