Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC I player

• 17-08-2019 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Bought a new TV yesterday coming home from Donegal. We have a few issues with it, cant record through the USB slots etc. The thing im trying to figure is, i went for ROI set up rather than UK. If i redo it with UK setup, will i be able to get the BBC i player? We are near the border and get both Freeview and Saorview perfectly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭decor58

Bought a new TV yesterday coming home from Donegal. We have a few issues with it, cant record through the USB slots etc. The thing im trying to figure is, i went for ROI set up rather than UK. If i redo it with UK setup, will i be able to get the BBC i player? We are near the border and get both Freeview and Saorview perfectly?

The i player is delivered over the Internet, being in the RoI it won't work through your Internet.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Bought a new TV yesterday coming home from Donegal. We have a few issues with it, cant record through the USB slots etc.
    What make/model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

byte wrote: »
    What make/model is it?

samsung 40 inch 7120 UHD 4 K
    249 pounds thats 271 euro
    seemed like a bargain , took me all day to get it set up. 2 USB and 3 HDMI , but cant record to HDD or USB stick, which is a bummer

decor58 wrote: »
    The i player is delivered over the Internet, being in the RoI it won't work through your Internet.
    i thought as much damn feck damn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Are you sure you can't record to the USB stick? It does need good write speeds on the stick for it (not all are created equal) - I've got a stick on my Samsung and it records fine to it (though it's a b*tch of a system to get to recordings)

This is a similar version to mine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF-W-xuAJbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭decor58

Bought a new TV yesterday coming home from Donegal. We have a few issues with it, cant record through the USB slots ?

Spec says model referred to( 7120) doesn't have a USB record feature.

decor58 wrote: »
    Spec says model referred to( 7120) doesn't have a USB record feature.
    As i discovered belatedly. Im reckoning on getting a dual tunner box with hdd. Plenty on amazon for about 100 euro, shouod solve the probelm and still cheap enough overall

Advertisement