Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My fear with Norwich is that they're far better at home than away.

Home: 2 wins from 3 (NEW, MCI, CHE); 7 Goals & 4 Assists from Pukki/Cantwell
    Away: 3 losses from 3 (LIV, WHU, BUR); 1 Goal & 0 Assists from Pukki/Cantwell

You can't bench them for anybody at home, but definitely don't want the double up away. Cantwell is cheap enough to bench anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Ace2007 wrote: »
    On Chelsea - with Kante back they may become more solid and at 4.5m with an eye for goal can’t go to far wrong

I'm tempted to get him in as well as they have a great run of fixtures but looking at his stats I wouldn't say he has an eye for goal. Sure he scored this season but before then he's only scored once! However at 4.5 I reckon he's solid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Tick tock tick tock – look at the time….it’s nearly wildcard o’clock :eek::eek:

Floundering at the moment with this shower:

Heaton | Button

VVD | Zinchenko | Johnson | Lowton | Johnson (WHU)

Sterling | Salah | KDB | Dendoncker | Cantwell

Haller | Pukki | Abraham

Just spent a few mins there rage-tinkering and came up with this lot:

Ryan | Button

TAA | Lundstram | Diop | Lowton | Tomori

Cantwell | Mount | Mane | KDB | TBC

Firmino | Agueroooooo | Pukki

GK – really wish I went with Ryan from the start, Heaton was a last minute change

DEF – Digne & Zilchenko have to go; Liverpool not keeping clean sheets so adios VVD and hola TAA….the rest are low cost punts playing for relatively solid-ish teams.

MIDS – Salah to Mane for financial reasons mainly; Mount is a no-brainer; I hate owning Sterling…never had any joy with him now in 4 years playing FPL; Cantwell stays maybe but not happy with double Norwich attack – I think teams will figure them out pretty soon; TBC is still Dendoncker but have 1m to play with

FWD – Firmino…good form; Aguerrooo – nuff said; Pukki – see Cantwell comments above.

Any feedback welcome – haven’t actually pushed the big red wildy button but may do it tonight

Wildy activated...
    Ryan | Button

Cantwell | Mount | Mane | KDB | Maddison

Abrahaaaaaaammm | Agueroooooo | Pukkkkkkiiiii

0.6m ITB.

Maddison and Mane flagged atm so will keep an eye on them.

Diop might become Fredericks or Cresswell also.

HEWT enough with that actually

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Murof

Going without Salah AND Sterling on a WC is risky business. Maddison is just too inconsistent for me. Also, Ryan has Chelsea away and Spurs at home in his next two. Pope is much better value, IMO.

Just my 2 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Wildy activated...
    Ryan | Button

Cantwell | Mount | Mane | KDB | Maddison

Abrahaaaaaaammm | Agueroooooo | Pukkkkkkiiiii

0.6m ITB.

Maddison and Mane flagged atm so will keep an eye on them.

Diop might become Fredericks or Cresswell also.

HEWT enough with that actually

Nice team, could you swap Pope & Montoya/Dunk for Ryan/Lowton?

Lowton contributes nothing going forward and more likely to get save/bonus with the other combination?

Only problem is you will need to not play one of those 8 every week - are you really not going to play Cantwell at home to Villa for example?

• Advertisement

Cheers for the feedback lads - appreciate it.

I get the Sterling argument - the fact is, I hate owning him and having Aguero up front allows from flexibility if i need to jump to Kane (:eek:), Auba etc.

FWIW I think Mane will pretty much match Salah in FPL this year. Seen a good bit of Liverpool this season and Mane just seems to be getting slightly more space and freedom than Salah.

I'll look into the BRI/BUR blend at the back as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

I brought in Dunk - Montoya missed a game recently, not sure why

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Feels far too kneejercky to be ditching sterling yet but I can build a nice looking team without..

Pope Norris

Lundstram tomori aurier guilbert soyuncu

Kdb dilva maddison salah cantwell

Vardy Abraham haller

Haven't pulled the trigger yet but I feel like I'm plugging holes atm

Pope Norris

Taa Johnson vvd amn guilbert

Sterling dilva salah jwp Ricky

Haller Wesley Gallagher

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

steve_r wrote: »
    I brought in Dunk - Montoya missed a game recently, not sure why

He was injured

He was injured

Cheers - I saw Duffy go out and come back into the team but I knew that wasn't injury related but wasn't sure on Montoya

This is my current back 5. I've a spare 1.5m so was thinking of getting Pereria but I'm not sure if he's worth it if Soy is 4.5m.

I don't really like the look of Soy though, doesn't look great on the eye test, whereas Pereira is a really good player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Leicester arent keeping any clean sheets. They have one all season, first game of the season, and pereria got 3 bonus points in that game. So dont know what Soy really offers, could be better 4.6 players out there? (although i expect them to keep a cleanie this weekend. Newcastle were awful v Brighton)
    They've a great run of fixtures coming up until December! so I expect Pereria to come good assist/goals/clean sheets wise (even though he is 6m)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Leicester arent keeping any clean sheets. They have one all season, first game of the season, and pereria got 3 bonus points in that game. So dont know what Soy really offers, could be better 4.6 players out there? (although i expect them to keep a cleanie this weekend. Newcastle were awful v Brighton)
    They've a great run of fixtures coming up until December! so I expect Pereria to come good assist/goals/clean sheets wise (even though he is 6m)

They have conceded 5 goals all season the least amount in the league so far. They have the best defensive record yet havent been getting clean sheets. I reckon the clean sheets will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

People are reading too much into clean sheets at the moment. 2 teams have 3 clean sheets. Anyone with 2 is joint 3rd best....

The likes of the Manchester clubs Everton and Leicester are among the best in things like conceding shots from inside the box and conceding big chances. Ruling out any club bar maybe the 3 or 4 worst conceders so far would be foolish. The rush to transfer from teams with 1 or 2 clean sheets is wasteful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

They have conceded 5 goals all season the least amount in the league so far. They have the best defensive record yet havent been getting clean sheets. I reckon the clean sheets will come.

I reckon they will come too but who's more likely to return bigger points with the games they have coming up? Pereria or Soy? Especially if you've got 1.5m spare! That was the point I was trying to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I reckon they will come too but who's more likely to return bigger points with the games they have coming up? Pereria or Soy? Especially if you've got 1.5m spare! That was the point I was trying to make.

Sorry didn't realise that. I'd probably save the money and go with Soyuncu.

The latest, trying in vain to get Son in somehow but it would mean sacrificing Aguero or TAA+Ottamendi.

Feels very templatey and safe :(

Pope | Button

TAA | Ottamendi | Tomori | Diop | Lundstram

Mount | KDB | Salah | McGinn | Cantwell

Aguerooooooo | Pukki | Abraham

**Edit: or I could decide to leave the Pukki Party, get Greenwood in and dump Ottamendi for Rico....something to ponder I guess...would help with my double Norwich attack issue as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Wildy Activated.

First Draft:

Pope (Button)

Rico, Robertson, Otamendi, Tomori, Lundstram

Salah, KDB, Mount, Cantwell, Dendoncker

Auba, Firmino, Pukki.

1m in the bank to upgrade a cheap defender or Dendoncker.

Any thoughts?
    km79 wrote: »
    Why no aguero is my first thought
    Auba to Aguero, right?

Just need to find 0.2m to do that, should be easy enough.

Still trying to find 0.2 to do PEA to Aguero.
    Dendonkey is yet to drop and probably now won't

So I could:
    Downgrade Pukki to Barnes
    Downgrade Rico to a 4.0 and leave a 4.4m Fodder midfielder

or go a bit more radical and Downgrade Robertson to a 4.5m defender and use the funds to Upgrade Firmino to Aguero.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

So I could:

or go a bit more radical and Downgrade Robertson to a 4.5m defender and use the funds to Upgrade Firmino to Aguero.

Pukki to Wood, will save you a bit more, and wood tends to go on runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

So I could:

Elneny is now 4.3M.
    I'd hold Rico if you got at 4M.

Nearly there now I think - Salah to Mane and leaving the Pukki Party :pac:

Pope | Button

TAA | Ottamendi | Tomori | Diop | Lundstram

Mount | KDB | Mane | McGinn | Cantwell

Aguerooooooo | C.Wilson | Abraham

Some good options off the bench when Pep inevitably starts Pepping

• Advertisement

You talked me into McGinn! Rotates well with Cantwell. Couldn't afford Pereira after it though so went with Soyunco

Pope/ Button

TAA/Otamendi/Soyuncu/Tomori/Lundstram

Salah/KdeB/Mount/McGinn/Cantwell

Aguero/Abraham/Pukki

Relatively happy with that. I'm always more comfortable when I've bench options rather than just fodder.

Going without Sterling/Auba/Kane is a risk that might hurt me but I'm hoping I've picked a solid enough group.

I took a punt on KWP at the start of the season which didn't work - have a bad record of taking a flyer on players (balotelli - shudder) so playing it as safe as I can with this

I didn't realise I was such an FPL influencer :pac:

McGinn looks like a good option tbh - also adds a bit of diversity to the front 8....some of my earlier drafts had double Norwich, Chelsea and City which I wasn't comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

First Draft:

Pope (Button)

Salah, KDB, Mount, Cantwell, Dendoncker

Auba, Firmino, Pukki.

I Made a Few tweaks and I think I like it better:

Pope (Button)

Salah, KDB, Mount, Yarmolenko, Hayden

Aguero, Abraham, Pukki.

0.9m in the bank.
    Too much Chelsea?

3 Chelsea makes sense on WC.
    Good prices, good fixtures, decent form and price rises on the way.

Thinking

Option 1 auba and greenwood (greenwood mainly a sub, formation a 442 or 3 5 2)

Option 2
    Or wilson and puki with .5 left over ( means Cantwell 5th mid in a 343)

Option 1 is the one I fancy but option 2 seems the safer choice....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I was originally planning on wildcarding after the international break but with KDB likely to be out at the weekend I might wildcard this week instead

Pope Button
    TAA Otamendi Lundstram Diop Dunk
    Sterling Cantwell Salah KDB Dendoncker
    Abraham Pukki Wilson

To:
    Pope Button
    TAA Otamendi Lundstram Rico Tomori
    Sterling Cantwell Mount McGinn Mahrez
    Wilson Vardy Aubameyang

1.2mil in the bank. 7 changes overall

The plan would be to get KDB back in when fit and Salah back in for GW13 onwards.

(Last season taking Salah out was a disaster, hoping this year will be better!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Wildcarding before a International week is a bad bad bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

thunderdog wrote: »
    I was originally planning on wildcarding after the international break but with KDB likely to be out at the weekend I might wildcard this week instead

Pope Button
    TAA Otamendi Lundstram Diop Dunk
    Sterling Cantwell Salah KDB Dendoncker
    Abraham Pukki Wilson

To:
    Pope Button
    TAA Otamendi Lundstram Rico Tomori
    Sterling Cantwell Mount McGinn Mahrez
    Wilson Vardy Aubameyang

1.2mil in the bank. 7 changes overall

The plan would be to get KDB back in when fit and Salah back in for GW13 onwards.

(Last season taking Salah out was a disaster, hoping this year will be better!)

3 transfers (Auba Mahrez McGinn for Salah KDB and Pukki) perhaps and use the WC when you want Salah back.

KDB and Cantwell (rumours of a hammy) injuries have given
    me pause on removing Salah this week with a plan for WC around GW13

Looks a decent WC squad but hopefully you wait until tomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

ElTel wrote: »
    3 transfers (Auba Mahrez McGinn for Salah KDB and Pukki) perhaps and use the WC when you want Salah back.

KDB and Cantwell (rumours of a hammy) injuries have given
    me pause on removing Salah this week with a plan for WC around GW13

Looks a decent WC squad but hopefully you wait until tomo.

Cheers for the advice lads. I went for the WC before reading the comments. Hopefully it works out.

It was the fixtures and potential injuries that swung it for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Wildcarding before a International week is a bad bad bad idea.

Just as bad an idea as wildcarding DURING an international break. The week after is where its at!

Advertisement