Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

ElTel wrote: »
    Took a hit last night. Chilwell and Vardy in for Ota and Haller. 0.9M itb

Ryan
    Chilwelli TAA Tomori
    Sterling KDB Mane Mount
    Wood King Vardy
    Button Saka Rico Gibson

Finding it hard to commit to the WC.
    My changes would only be on the fringes really and Tomori.
    It might be better to wait and see if Spurs and Arsenal assets become viable in the next two gameweeks.

Neither will but still no reason to WC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Colking wrote: »
    The only area of that side I'd look at is Wood and King. Debatable whether a WC is worth it. Tomori is not a fire that has to be put out right away.

Who else are you thinking of bringing in ? Will the value be going up this week and price you out ?

I'm happy to hold the strikers. Man United have Chelsea away on Wednesday before travelling to Bournemouth for the early Saturday game.

The Leicester mids will increase tonight but I haven't decided which one if any to go for. Perez/Barnes look attractive too. It may hinder picking a 15 that could be bench-boostable in a SGW but that could be a good thing.

I'll hold for now and see what tomo brings.

Thanks everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Ros1234

So I was trying to hold my wildcard until closer to christmas but my patience ran out Sunday night, sick of Salah and Sterling getting 1's, 2's or the odd 3!

Last weeks squad
    Pope, Heaton
    TAA, Lundstrum, Tomori, Fredericks n Mendy (my 2 week punt didn't go as planned)
    KdB, Salah, Sterling, Cantwell n Hudson-Odio (brought CHO in as part of the -4 with Mendy)
    Vardy, Abraham n Greenwood (have Greenwood last sub since GW1)

New team as follow;

Henderson, Gazzangia
    TAA, Lundstrum, Chilwell, Robertson n Johnny
    KdB, Mane, Maddison, Djenepo n Hayden
    Vardy, Abraham n Jimenez

Will be playing 433 most weeks. 0.5 in the bank, Hayden will last sub every week.

Gazzanagi will play GW's 12, 20, 21, 23 & 24 with Henderson in goal for most weeks.

Was debating leaving Sterling in but the extra money leaves with me a lot more balanced team I think, had Rico as my 5th defender with Sterling but looking at Bournemouth's fixtures I couldn't see where I'd play him with confidence of keeping a clean sheet over the next 2 months.

Southampton have nice fixtures coming up, with 3 out of the next 4 at home but Djenepo could change to Troare with Wolves, I like to take at least 1 punt.

Any feedback appreciated, cheers

Gazza will have to play 13 as well, Hendo is on loan from united

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Still haven't played my Wildcard so I need to start using it now before it goes to waste :)

1myx604.png

4.7m ITB.

Any obvious changes you would make? I need to get in Lundstram but apart from that I cant think of any major transfers that would justify a wildcard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Still haven't played my Wildcard so I need to start using it now before it goes to waste :)

1myx604.png

4.7m ITB.

Any obvious changes you would make? I need to get in Lundstram but apart from that I cant think of any major transfers that would justify a wildcard.

Not sure how the money will factor in without doing calculations, but I'd be looking at upgrading VVD to TAA.
    Either upgrading one of your cheap mids to Mane or dumping KDB/Sterling for him.
    Also Maupay to Jiminez.
    Alternatively, keep VVD and upgrade another defender to TAA for the double up

Edit: Also Dunk to Lundstrom the hero if you can

activated now who has the cheat code :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Initial draft - minus Sterling

Pope -- Button

----Soyuncu -- TAA -- Robbo -- Lundstrum -- Tomori

KDB -- Mane -- Pulisic -- Tielmans -- Dendonker

Abrahams -- Vardy -- Jimenez

Very templaty. Obviously Sterling could hurt me but it means I gain TAA & Jimenez. Pulisic is optional can always go Mount. Chelsea's fixtures are decent enough after City game. Triple Leicester a must with there fixtures and form. Still a few bob left in the bank for tweaking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

Initial draft - minus Sterling

Pope -- Button

----Soyuncu -- TAA -- Robbo -- Lundstrum -- Tomori

KDB -- Mane -- Pulisic -- Tielmans -- Dendonker

Abrahams -- Vardy -- Jimenez

Very templaty. Obviously Sterling could hurt me but it means I gain TAA & Jimenez. Pulisic is optional can always go Mount. Chelsea's fixtures are decent enough after City game. Triple Leicester a must with there fixtures and form. Still a few bob left in the bank for tweaking

Ye after my transfer this week that is basically the team i'm planning on ending up with, only thing I'm monitoring is Pulisic V Martial. But ye solid team

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gw18 is going to be a car crash for a lot of these teams
    And my own
    Free might be used by a few

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

km79 wrote: »
    Gw18 is going to be a car crash for a lot of these teams
    And my own
    Free might be used by a few

Why so? I know there's a game missing but car crash?

dsmythy wrote: »
    Why so? I know there's a game missing but car crash?

Seeing a lot of teams with 3 Liverpool for gw13
    So that’s probably 2 players unavailable assuming they plan on selling one 4 gameweeks after signing them ..........
    Triple leictser in a lot of same squads . Away to city .
    Triple Chelsea away to spurs. Not as bad but not ideal considering the other fixtures
    From my own pov then added to that I have fredericks with no game (but he will sold . One less transfer available to me ). Burnley have a tough away game, sheff United wolves and man united also have away games
    So yes not great at all. And no obvious captain !
    Free hit prob no good either given all the best teams are playing each other , are away or have no game at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

1myx604.png

4.7m ITB.

Few ideas below.

Pope to Button, to give you guaranteed Brighton GK coverage. (Im not one for having a GK dilemma every week.)

Dunk to Taylor to give Burnley def cover.

This saves 0.9

Maupay to Connolly, gives you another 1.3 i think.
    (Maupay to Mousset or Ayew gives you 0.9 or 1.0.)

Mendy doesn't seem to be nailed on, Id move him on for additional funds.

MF is light with no Liverpool cover.
    Cantwell needs to go in my opinion
    4.7 (cantwell) + 4.7 ITB +1.3 +0.9 =11.7

Depending on who you could get in for Mendy in defence
    A 5.6 or less defender will give enough for Mane
    A 5.3 or less defender will give you enough for Salah.

Lovren and Stones are 5.3. Not sure how long Matip is out for.

Id then be thinking if Id ever start Rico, id consider moving him to 3.9 fodder.

I own Dendonker myself and I don't like him playing CB in real life, if i had a wildcard I'd sell him, but hes not doing any harm otherwise.

KDB or Sterling to Mane or Salah would open up funds for TAA/Robbo in defence and a Leicester Midfielder in for Cantwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Very quiet in here. Am I the only one this GW?

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Very quiet in here. Am I the only one this GW?

Need to do more but currently on something like:
    Button Gazza
    TAA Soy Lundstrum Tomori Taylor
    Mane Martial Maddison Mount Dendoncker
    Vardy Jimminez Tammy
    4 mil ITB so need to put that to work.

No City is a worry, not sure about Mount either.
    Can't afford Mount to sterling though.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Need to do more but currently on something like:
    Button Gazza
    TAA Soy Lundstrum Tomori Taylor
    Mane Martial Maddison Mount Dendoncker
    Vardy Jimminez Tammy
    4 mil ITB so need to put that to work.

No City is a worry, not sure about Mount either.
    Can't afford Mount to sterling though.

Any thoughts?

Would maddison to tillymans free up enough cash to get sterling for mount? Or if I was in that position id be giving an arsenal striker over jimmy some serious thought

Would maddison to tillymans free up enough cash to get sterling for mount? Or if I was in that position id be giving an arsenal striker over jimmy some serious thought

Unfortunately Maddison to Tielmans doesn't free up enough. It was my first thought too.

Not a bad idea on Arsenal striker, but also hard to put much faith in Arsenal at the moment.

Decisions decisions.

Unfortunately Maddison to Tielmans doesn't free up enough. It was my first thought too.

Not a bad idea on Arsenal striker, but also hard to put much faith in Arsenal at the moment.

Decisions decisions.

I'm so torn...

Son in for Mount? Think ill do it..

I'm so torn...

Son in for Mount? Think ill do it..

I would

Would you Wildcard to get rid of:

Kane, Martial, Tielmans, Dendonker, Lascales, Bedbarek & Pope

Possible changes:

Connolly, Son, Cantwell, Zaha, PVA, TAA, 4.5 GK

Gives me a solid squad going into Xmas. Will sell Robbo or TAA for the blank in 18. Thoughts

———-Gazzinga

TAA — Robbo — Soyunco — PVA — Lunds

Mane — Son — KDB — Zaha — Cantwell

———— Vardy — Abraham — Connolly

• Advertisement

Yes
    If you don't use it now it will soon not be worth it ! and you are carrying a lot of deadwood
    Take advantage of teams with nice runs too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Yeah use it.
    I still have mine and struggling to see a plan.
    D looks too strong and keep a close eye on the prices for two more nights. Connolly could fall to 4.6 tonight for example. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Other alternative is to play to the wildcard deadline knowing you will be wildcarding into January. Some will be using their 2nd wildcard right after you've only used your first.

But that's a lot of dead weight there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

I'm happy enough with my team tbh... but I do know that long term I want rid of double pool defence, and need some spurs assets in general so could play my WC now and set myself up for GW 18 as well

Ryan - Button
    Soy - Aurier - Lundstram - Rico - Kelly
    Salah - Mane - Son - Madisson - Dendonker
    Vardy - Ings - Jiminez

Easy switch from Salah > Anyone to have a strong 11 for GW18

Anyone see anything else worth doing? I dont want Rashford at all!

Would you not wait til after GW18 at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’d be waiting til after this GW with double Liverpool defenders

So after weeks of flirting with the idea I pulled the trigger last night. Standing steady at 351,000 atm. Going to use this gameweek to try and make some gains. The majority will be benching Mane/Salah/TAA/Robbo so Im selling with a view to getting them back in after the Leicester game. Initial draft

Pope

TAA -- Lunds -- Rico -- Kelly -- Dunk

Grealish -- Son -- KDB -- Sterling -- Traore

Vardy -- Rashford -- Maupay

Will obviously do Sterling to Mane/Salah again. Selling Abrhams & Soyunco in that team also, have a feeling Leicesters cleanies may be drying up and Chelsea's fixtures look like changing. Like the look of Bournmouth's run after the next couple so King/Wilson could be striker no.3 in a few weeks.

Maupay, Traore, Dunk will be in and out of the team over the next week. Not overly fond of Rashford either but he's in as a blocker

Latest team. Had Riccharlison in but not happy with it so he's got the boot again. Have enough spare change to do Sterling ---> Salah/Mane in a week or 2

Pope

TAA -- Lunds -- Rico -- Kelly -- Cathcart

Grealish -- Son -- KDB -- Sterling -- Cantwell

Vardy -- Rashford -- Abraham

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Pope? Burnleys upcoming fixtures arent great

• Advertisement

Latest team. Had Riccharlison in but not happy with it so he's got the boot again. Have enough spare change to do Sterling ---> Salah/Mane in a week or 2

Pope

TAA -- Lunds -- Rico -- Kelly -- Cathcart

Grealish -- Son -- KDB -- Sterling -- Cantwell

Vardy -- Rashford -- Abraham

There looks to be better options than Pope currently. Maybe Ramsdale, Ryan or Guita.

Very surprised to see double City attack.

Like your defence. If you did need cash I’d think about TAA to Aurier. Not sure many premium defenders can justify their price.

I think 4 of my midfielders would be Mane, Salah, Alli and Son. Although I appreciate one may want to go without LFC for the next 6 GW’s.

I think I’d favour 3-5-2. I was looking the other day and iirc there’s a lot more options for the 5th midfielder, at that price point, about/under 7m ?, than there is for a forward at that price point.

So you’re looking at Connolly for your bench rather than Cantwell. Do appreciate it’s probably a coin toss and Cantwell maybe looks a better 1st/2nd sub at the minute.

But my biggest takeaway ? Why 2 City attackers ?

Advertisement