Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’d have foster over Fab even with the DGW

Sorry Parlance, having thought about it I’m actually going to go with Fab and Kiko as Watford cover

Fab/McGovern
    Kiko/Jomez/TAA/Sidibe/Soy
    Mane/KDB/Lucas/Martial/Davis
    Ings/Aguero/Jimi

Davis is due back this weekend, a striker listed as a mid. Wesley is doing nothing so he might get a run.
    Ings could become DCL next week.

Am tempted to have a one week punt on Barnes from Burnley instead of Ings, bring in DCL from next week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sorry Parlance, having thought about it I’m actually going to go with Fab and Kiko as Watford cover

Fab/McGovern
    Kiko/Jomez/TAA/Sidibe/Soy
    Mane/KDB/Lucas/Martial/Davis
    Ings/Aguero/Jimi

Davis is due back this weekend, a striker listed as a mid. Wesley is doing nothing so he might get a run.
    Ings could become DCL next week.

Am tempted to have a one week punt on Barnes from Burnley instead of Ings, bring in DCL from next week

Will aguero not be heavily rotated now with the league over?

Shouldn’t be. He needs to get for the end of Feb and CL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I really need Hayden to drop in price tonight, it's the difference between me getting Jimi and settling for Cilson in my WC team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I really need Hayden to drop in price tonight, it's the difference between me getting Jimi and settling for Cilson in my WC team.

Pick a 4.3M dud instead and put them last on your bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

ElTel wrote: »
    Pick a 4.3M dud instead and put them last on your bench.

I already have Masuaku at 4.2 last on the bench, want someone with a chance of playing.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Fab McGovern

Taa Soyuncu Lundstram Rico Holgate
    Salah KDB martial traore shelvey
    Kane Vardy dcl

Any views on this wc

Bench points! Only one of Traore/Shelvey for me.
    Interesting Holgate pick.

Bench points! Only one of Traore/Shelvey for me.
    Interesting Holgate pick.

Playing well and seems to have an effort on goal every match. I like a strong bench to switch between formations depending on fixtures

Playing well and seems to have an effort on goal every match. I like a strong bench to switch between formations depending on fixtures

Yeah great value if he keeps starting. I'd be worried he misses out in a back four when the midfield injuries subside but seeing you pick him is a plus. GL

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I already have Masuaku at 4.2 last on the bench, want someone with a chance of playing.

Masuaka to 3.9M then perhaps. I would not settle for Wilson over Jimenez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Looking at

Fab (Martin)

VvD TAA Kiko (Masusku , Williams)

KdB Salah Martial Traore (Cantwell)

Aguero Rashford Maupay

I like Cantwell and think he will get better as the season goes on. Was looking at playing him & potentially going with Greenwood over Maupay and using the 1.5m elsewhere.

Thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

considering triple Everton :eek: for the new manager bounce and nice upcoming fixtures and ultimately for the differential. Currently ranked 595k so willing to take more risks

Fabianski(McGovern)
    TAA Robertson Pereira (Sidibe, Hanley)
    Mané KDB Martial Richarlison (Dendoncker)
    Vardy Ings DCL

Thoughts?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Looking at

Fab (Martin)

Aguero Rashford Maupay

I like Cantwell and think he will get better as the season goes on. Was looking at playing him & potentially going with Greenwood over Maupay and using the 1.5m elsewhere.

Thoughts??

Gomez in for VVD.
    He doesn't go up for corners atm apparently but take a chance that the 1.4M for Virgil's headers is better spent elsewhere.

Too early for Matsuaku. I think a brighton defender or Ryan should be in all WCs.

Cantwell (owner and he'll start for me if I keep King) is not a good enough starting 5th imo. He'll miss out on starts now and again so you need a stronger D to compensate if you go with Greenwood.

manual_man wrote: »
    considering triple Everton :eek: for the new manager bounce and nice upcoming fixtures and ultimately for the differential. Currently ranked 595k so willing to take more risks

Fabianski(McGovern)
    Vardy Ings DCL

Thoughts?

I think Jevans for same price as Soy now will outscore him and they're better value than Chill, with Maddison hogging set pieces, and P.

Not bad once I think Everton will do well!
    Saving on Robbo with VVD/Gomez might be useful later on.

Gomez in for VVD.
    He doesn't go up for corners atm apparently but take a chance that the 1.4M for Virgil's headers is better spent elsewhere.

Too early for Matsuaku. I think a brighton defender or Ryan should be in all WCs.

Cantwell (owner and he'll start for me if I keep King) is not a good enough starting 5th imo. He'll miss out on starts now and again so you need a stronger D to compensate if you go with Greenwood.

Thanks for the feedback.

Agree on Cantwell not starting every game but I think we will see it more and more in the New Year.

I currently have Dunk in pre WC team but I’m not sure on Brighton defensively now. They are good going forward so was thinking of a Maupay, DCL attacking combo with Aguero - this would mean going Mane over Rashford & dropping Vvd as would have 3 Liverpool

Thanks for the feedback.

Agree on Cantwell not starting every game but I think we will see it more and more in the New Year.

I currently have Dunk in pre WC team but I’m not sure on Brighton defensively now. They are good going forward so was thinking of a Maupay, DCL attacking combo with Aguero - this would mean going Mane over Rashford & dropping Vvd as would have 3 Liverpool

Yeah which 3 pool dictates a lot.
    Bright Fun Bobby the un-talked about shadow diff. Would not go for it myself.

A lot of good Brighton forward work is their defenders causing havok.
    Maupay is too busy for me...a firmino type.

Looking at

Fab (Martin)

Aguero Rashford Maupay

Thoughts??

Would you think of going with Cantwell and Connolly and then playing 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, each week, depending on fixtures ?

Would allow you to bulk up elsewhere.

manual_man wrote: »

Fabianski(McGovern)
    Vardy Ings DCL

Thoughts?

Don’t like your weekly benching choice.

Work out which one you want and invest the money elsewhere.

Would you think of going with Cantwell and Connolly and then playing 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, each week, depending on fixtures ?

Would allow you to bulk up elsewhere.

Not sure where I’d bulk up elsewhere though. There is about 10 attackers I want and I think the big decision is whether I go Salah/Mane or Double Liverpool defence.

I want Traore, KdB and Aguero going forward. At least 1 of Rashford or Martial.

The idea behind the wildcard is that I plan on just sticking with these and rolling.

I’ve been making to many changes chasing & I don’t think I’m any better off.

My current team is

Pope

TAA Dunk Soy (Lundy Kelly)

Salah Mane KdB Moura Cantwell

Vardy Jimi (Greenwood)

I think I have a few dead ducks in there particularly in defence.

I’d ideally be moving to a Aguero, Rashford/Martial and Traore attack and a few sideway moves in defence

Will aguero not be heavily rotated now with the league over?

What do I know

• Advertisement

What do I know

City assets are even more at risk of rotation now with the league over

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

So altho I'm hitting alot of green arrows not happy with my team over the next few weeks thinking of WC'ing

Did 1 transfer already of Heaton - Fabianski
    If not Wcing it would Kane - DCL
    (-4)

Team would be:

Fabianski
    Soyuncu Lundstram Rico
    Fornals KDB Traore Mane
    DCL Ings Vardy

Bench; Pope, Grealish Dunk Kelly

WC team would be:

Fabianski
    Soyuncu Lundstram Sidibe TAA
    KDB Traore Mane
    DCL Ings Vardy

Bench: Mcgovern, Grealish, Fornals Dunk

Also gives me 4.2M inthe bank with a very strong bench.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

So altho I'm hitting alot of green arrows not happy with my team over the next few weeks thinking of WC'ing

Did 1 transfer already of Heaton - Fabianski
    If not Wcing it would Kane - DCL
    (-4)

Team would be:

Fabianski
    Soyuncu Lundstram Rico
    Fornals KDB Traore Mane
    DCL Ings Vardy

Bench; Pope, Grealish Dunk Kelly

WC team would be:

Fabianski
    Soyuncu Lundstram Sidibe TAA
    KDB Traore Mane
    DCL Ings Vardy

Bench: Mcgovern, Grealish, Fornals Dunk

Also gives me 4.2M inthe bank with a very strong bench.

Thoughts?

Unless I am misreading you are doing Pope, Kelly and Rico to McGovern, TAA and Sidibe?

No way thats WC worthy.

Id have Jomez over Dunk, only 0.3 in the difference

I got rid of both Lundy and Vardy on my WC. I got Aguero but I'd nearly consider Auba (haven't looked at their fixtures though)
    If you have TAA-Jomez-Sidibe then you're going to play the three of them every week no matter what, probably adding Soy to make it a back four when their fixture is solid. You're never going to play Lundy over DCL, Traore, Fornals or DCL, so why have him? 4.6 can easily be turned into a 4.3m watford defender

Use ur money to turn one of those mids into Salah or Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Benimar wrote: »
    Unless I am misreading you are doing Pope, Kelly and Rico to McGovern, TAA and Sidibe?

No way thats WC worthy.

Yeh pretty much and maybe Traore to Richarlison but fear triple Everton would ruin me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭macraignil

Have played wildcard a couple of days back and interested in any advice on any changes before it expires. Only left .1mill in the bank and deliberately going for a strong bench as will be looking to play the bench boost soon. I have decided against a Salah and Mane double up as I think it is too expensive and not eager to get rid of Alexander Arnold or Robertson to make it possible.

Pickford
    Robertson, Alexander Arnold, Chilwell, Sidibe
    Maddison, Mane, De Bruyne
    Ings, Abraham, Vardy

Foster, Cantwell, Grealish, Lundstram

Will play Grealish most weeks but he is facing Manchester City in the next game.
    Any opinions appreciated.

macraignil wrote: »
    Have played wildcard a couple of days back and interested in any advice on any changes before it expires. Only left .1mill in the bank and deliberately going for a strong bench as will be looking to play the bench boost soon. I have decided against a Salah and Mane double up as I think it is too expensive and not eager to get rid of Alexander Arnold or Robertson to make it possible.

Pickford
    Ings, Abraham, Vardy

Will play Grealish most weeks but he is facing Manchester City in the next game.

Yeah that’s a fair solid team. I think Aguero could be a massive differential for early WC’s and would look at getting him in. I think there are a few enablers in DCL, Maupay and Deuleofeu.

How many more have Ings & Tammy left in them? Will they slowed down? Will Leicester be as strong to have triple players?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yeah that’s a fair solid team. I think Aguero could be a massive differential for early WC’s and would look at getting him in. I think there are a few enablers in DCL, Maupay and Deuleofeu.

How many more have Ings & Tammy left in them? Will they slowed down? Will Leicester be as strong to have triple players?

Tammy has already slowed down - think he only has 2 in the league in last 9 games, and for that reason I think that should probably get rid, Ings like Vardy has everything going for him, so defo keep them.

Aguero playing today would put me off getting him in before the next game, although I do agree that he is a differential, though unlike Kane, he has competition, and so it's a risk.

On the Salah comment, Robbo only has 1 double digit score this season, where as Salah has multiple, and won't really have a cap to his score, so I do think the double up can be justified.

Finally - the bench is probably too strong, i get that you are going to play the BB soon, but given that Lundstram plays oop he should really be starting each week, but doesn't look that he will based on your team.

macraignil wrote: »

Pickford
    Ings, Abraham, Vardy

Hard to knock, and notwithstanding the previous advice but pick THE BB week!
    Could shave on the Pick Chil Sid combo. McCarty (eg) might suit the BB GW. GL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Now into the second half of the season is there an optimum time to use the wildcard. I still have all three others to play also (Free hit bb and tc )

Last year I remember somebody on twitter outlining strategy for remainder of the season around this time. I suppose more is know when the Cup Fixtures are known?

Advertisement