Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

PARlance wrote: »
    Budget really, have him since Lloris got injured and they have been stink but the hope was the Jose would get them sorted defensively. McCarthy saves me 0.2 and the only other option really.

Will be keeping an eye on the WHU GK situation as well.

I can live with the Pep roulette, in fact, I want to get a bit of excitement back in the game. I've been playing sensible any floating around top 20k for most of the season. Time to take a few risks if I'm going to win the thing :)

Would definitely do Gazzaniga to McCarthy. Saves you 0.3 and a keeper in a team doing better defensively right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

a -12 over 2 gameweeks or a pull the trigger on Wildcard?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Am doing alright in the leagues i'm in, top 3 in most, but wondering will i play the wildcard ...dunno if i have to, but I'm tempted by the following :

McCarthy
    Gomez - Lundstrum - Robertson
    Richarlison - Martial - Mane - KDB
    Vardy - Aguero - Ings

Button - Williams - Webster - Hayden

0.0 ITB

Have Rashford and TAA at the mo, so theyre the only two big players id be losing...getting in martial to cover rashford and gomez /& robertson to cover TAA .... dunno if its worth it? or should i keep the wildcard for the double game weeks that no doubt will appear soon enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

curious about all the love for brighton defenders in wildcard teams, they have 1 clean sheet in 11 games. am i missing something? at least Ryan is good for the save points most games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

darego wrote: »
    curious about all the love for brighton defenders in wildcard teams, they have 1 clean sheet in 11 games. am i missing something? at least Ryan is good for the save points most games

They’ve a nice run of things now and they are the cheapest playing defenders you can get enabling to get big hitters in attack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

changed it up a bit. in the first team i need 2 from Holgate, Cathcart and Stephens and can't decide! neither Hayden or Dondoncker should ever start

so 1 or 2 lads?

www.png

or this one

wwww.png

My OCD is in overdrive, you have almost the same players in each team but they’ve switched positions

1 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Cheap, good run of fixtures, and they cant' do much worse than likes of Rico and co.

Green&Red wrote: »
    My OCD is in overdrive, you have almost the same players in each team but they’ve switched positions

1 for me

switching Holgate out for Stephens basically allows me to have 2 keepers to choose from instead of playing Ryan every week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Have people got any good plans of when to use their wildcards if they are currently holding?

Don't fancy using it for gw 24 as i already have 3 pool lads. Hear their will possibly a double gw in 37. Not sure if i'd like to leave it that late to use it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have people got any good plans of when to use their wildcards if they are currently holding?

Don't fancy using it for gw 24 as i already have 3 pool lads. Hear their will possibly a double gw in 37. Not sure if i'd like to leave it that late to use it.

There are potential blanks in 28, 31 and 34.
    Potential DGWs in 34 and 37.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    There are potential blanks in 28, 31 and 34.
    Potential DGWs in 34 and 37.

I asked this in the DGW thread, but if City get to the EFL cup final, would they then have a DGW? Although I see the opponent that week is Arsenal - DGW in 34 for city would be two home games, Newcastle being one, hmm. Pity the semi final is after GW24.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

http://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1216852727407546368
    I’ll be activating as soon as deadline for 24 passes

Currently on:

McCarthy (Martin)

Trent Virgil Webster (Masuaku Lundstram)

Salah KDB Mahrez Richarlison Noble

Aguero Ings (Greenwood)

With 3 games in 2 GW’s the punt is Noble. After this & Sheff U play City, this transfer will become Fleck.

Originally the punt was Martinelli with Aubameyang suspended but currently on Noble.

Happy with the rest of the team for a set & forget for the foreseeable.

Ideally would love Maupay in there instead of Noble/Greenwood

So you’d have to downgrade Richarlison to what price to get Maupay ?

Assuming you’d downgrade Noble to 4. something too.

So you’d have to downgrade Richarlison to what price to get Maupay ?

Assuming you’d downgrade Noble to 4. something too.

Leaves me with a 7.2mil midfielder & I get Dendoncker as fodder.

Not many options in that price bracket. Richarlison has been playing very well of late & but unfortunate not to have scored higher

Chesty08 wrote: »

Not many options in that price bracket. Richarlison has been playing very well of late & but unfortunate not to have scored higher

Yeah.

Players below that price but probably not as good as Richarlison but I’d wager that at 6.2m Sarr won’t be far off matching him for the remainder of the season.

Yeah.

Players below that price but probably not as good as Richarlison but I’d wager that at 6.2m Sarr won’t be far off matching him for the remainder of the season.

Almiron has found his scoring boots recently, and I know it's just the cup but he scored again tonight - at 5.8 wouldn't be the worse shout.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Almiron has found his scoring boots recently, and I know it's just the cup but he scored again tonight - at 5.8 wouldn't be the worse shout.

There are a few knocking about but some with poor fixtures but I’d have zero problem owning any of these -

Moura, Willian, Mount, JWP (on pens), Sarr, Doucoure, Anderson,

These guys will have a good scoring stretch at some stage -

Zaha, H Wilson, Traore, H Barnes, Trossard,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Wildcard activated, no cash to spare and gone with;

GK: Henderson, McGovern
    DEF: TAA, Gomez, Lundstram, Kelly, Williams
    MID: Salah, Grealish, De Bruyne, Traore, Cantwell
    FWD: Aguero, Vardy, Ings

Traore for Doucoure a change I might make before the weekend though.

Currently on:

McCarthy (Martin)

Trent Virgil Webster (Masuaku Lundstram)

Salah KDB Mahrez Richarlison Noble

Aguero Ings (Greenwood)

With 3 games in 2 GW’s the punt is Noble. After this & Sheff U play City, this transfer will become Fleck.

Originally the punt was Martinelli with Aubameyang suspended but currently on Noble.

Happy with the rest of the team for a set & forget for the foreseeable.

Ideally would love Maupay in there instead of Noble/Greenwood

I could completely ignore the West Ham duo of Masuaku, Noble along with Greenwood and get in Maupay, Fleck & Brandon Williams.

To do this I need to make 1 switch.... Gomez for VVD!

Is that worth it?

This leaves me with

McCarthy

Trent Gomez Webster

KdB Mahrez Salah Richarlison

Aguero Ings Maupay

Subs: Martin Fleck Lundstram Williams.

Next week I’d be playing Williams over Webster.

Then I would have the Sheff U boys too who have a nice run of fixtures & could potentially bench boost there.

• Advertisement

Just on the above - There is no guarantee that Williams will keep his place, he has been in/out of the team before so relying on him to start as you say above may be a gamble.

Tangana from spurs could be a shout at 4.0m as well - good game against pool and was MOTM in the cup game yesterday - surely enough to keep his place for a few games.

In addition Arsenal and CS don't go hand in hand, so would lean towards playing at least one of the Sheffield United guys.

Martin may or may not be the GK by time GW24 comes along - if he's not - you may rue the 0.1m caught up in him, assuming you got him at 4.1m

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Just on the above - There is no guarantee that Williams will keep his place, he has been in/out of the team before so relying on him to start as you say above may be a gamble.

Tangana from spurs could be a shout at 4.0m as well - good game against pool and was MOTM in the cup game yesterday - surely enough to keep his place for a few games.

In addition Arsenal and CS don't go hand in hand, so would lean towards playing at least one of the Sheffield United guys.

Martin may or may not be the GK by time GW24 comes along - if he's not - you may rue the 0.1m caught up in him, assuming you got him at 4.1m

Williams - no 100% agree, however I think he plays a lot of the home games going forward due to his attacking threat. I don’t have him as a guarantee starter I’ve Lundstram & Webster there as fall backs who will play.

Tangana is a great shout. Do I penny pinch completely & get him in & upgrade elsewhere? Interesting

No I can’t see a Sheff U player outscore anyone who is starting at the minute but they are there for later on for better fixtures.

I’ve Martin from 4mil so nothing consumed in owning him.

Is Gomez > VvD worth it. I’m thinking VvD wil have at most 4 goals (24 points) in him before end of season where as Gomez will have none.

Can Maupay outscore Noble/Fleck rotation by 24 between now & then. Add in does Williams out score Masuaku to contribute to this too.

The other fear is that Gomez gets rested & then how does my bench player do

Really struggling to decide on VvD or Gomez. Clearly VvD has the higher ceiling & goal threat but the risk of Gomez rotation is real.

The extra cash gives me a solid bench in Sheff U assets v a fodder defence of Tanganga & Choudury

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Really struggling to decide on VvD or Gomez. Clearly VvD has the higher ceiling & goal threat but the risk of Gomez rotation is real.

The extra cash gives me a solid bench in Sheff U assets v a fodder defence of Tanganga & Choudury

Gomez was first choice at the start of the season, Liverpool have 6 CS on the trot. Klopp has previous of leaving the incumbent in place. I can't see any reason Gomez would be dropped before they have the league won

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

It could be TAA that gets a rest and not Gomez. Robertson and VVD are the only two nailed on imo (especially with milner out injured)
    Otherwise TAA could be rotated (CL games coming up) and Lovren/Matip come into the centre, and Gomez goes out right. (like Klopp did v Bournemouth away)

Gomez wasn’t first choice at start of season, it was Matip.

I don’t think Trent gets rested.

He’s had a nice rest lately while Gomez has played every minute since Lovren got injured. I think the FA Cup sandwiched in between is a head scratcher.

Due to understanding & familiarity with the younger players he may prompted for Gomez to continue here and then rest him for 2nd player league match or does he just throw Matip & Lovren in there v Shrewsbury.

I’ve been looking at things and now I’m at

Gomez - VvD
    Webster - Mendy
    Mahrez - 6.1m mid (Perez)

Is that stronger??

thinking of going robertson over TAA for the extra 0.5. who is more likely to be rested?

He’s had a nice rest lately while Gomez has played every minute since Lovren got injured. I think the FA Cup sandwiched in between is a head scratcher.

Due to understanding & familiarity with the younger players he may prompted for Gomez to continue here and then rest him for 2nd player league match or does he just throw Matip & Lovren in there v Shrewsbury.

Gomez - VvD
    Webster - Mendy

Is that stronger??

I’m finished decided & ready to go. I think overall it’s more balanced.

McCarthy (Martin)

Trent Virgil Mendy (Lundy Williams)

Salah KdB Richarlison Perez (Fleck)

Aguero Ings Maupay

Gomez - VvD
    Webster - Mendy

Is that stronger??

Pure ****ing crazy buying Mendy imo.

Don’t do it.

Crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I’m finished decided & ready to go. I think overall it’s more balanced.

McCarthy (Martin)

Trent Virgil Mendy (Lundy Williams)

Salah KdB Richarlison Perez (Fleck)

Aguero Ings Maupay

Hammers brought in Randolph.

Advertisement