Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

F1ngers wrote: »
    Hammers brought in Randolph.

Wonder if Martin starts the next one or he comes straight in?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Wonder if Martin starts the next one or he comes straight in?

Apparently Randolph only passed the medical at the 2nd time of asking (Haven't got the article to hand) so there may be fitness concerns.

But I would say he has went out to get him to be Fabs replacement. A player he has worked with before, probably trusts etc.

Martin is out of my WC now anyway. If Randolph comes in at 4.0m then I'll probably be brining him in this week, to play him in my BB for GW24. He might get me 6 points over the 2 GWs and if he's 4.0, I'd take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pure ****ing crazy buying Mendy imo.

Don’t do it.

Crazy.

Really why? In a 3-5-2 he’ll be a serious weapon. If he doesn’t play Lundstram is there along with Williams who is sure to hold his place.

In the last 6 GW he had played more key passes then Trent & Robbo. City have 9 clean sheets this year & id imagine they’ll tighten up more

PARlance wrote: »
    Apparently Randolph only passed the medical at the 2nd time of asking (Haven't got the article to hand) so there may be fitness concerns.

But I would say he has went out to get him to be Fabs replacement. A player he has worked with before, probably trusts etc.

Martin is out of my WC now anyway. If Randolph comes in at 4.0m then I'll probably be brining him in this week, to play him in my BB for GW24. He might get me 6 points over the 2 GWs and if he's 4.0, I'd take that.

Who did you put in instead of Martin?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Who did you put in instead of Martin?

He's still there... but he's out. Waiting to see for Randolph to be added at 4.0 hopefully. If he comes in at 4.5 then I'll have to think about it a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

He's still there... but he's out. Waiting to see for Randolph to be added at 4.0 hopefully. If he comes in at 4.5 then I'll have to think about it a bit more.

He's there at 4.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Interesting to now see Button at 3.9m

Button & Sarr (6.2m)

Or

Martin & Perez (6.1m)

Still have BB so in effectively killing of potential 2 points if Martin keeps his place.

Will Sarr outscore Perez by 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Interesting to now see Button at 3.9m

Button & Sarr (6.2m)

Or

Martin & Perez (6.1m)

Still have BB so in effectively killing of potential 2 points if Martin keeps his place.

Will Sarr outscore Perez by 2?

Martin is going to lose his place no question - it's just a matter of when. could he hold off a few games so that we can BB

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Martin is going to lose his place no question - it's just a matter of when. could he hold off a few games so that we can BB

I might BB this week.

• Advertisement

I might BB this week.

You not on WC?

You not on WC?

Haha, brain fart!! I have WC active

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Wildcard activated:

McCarthy (Button)

Dunk TAA Stephens (Lundstrum) (Williams)

Mahrez Mane Salah Sarr (Doucoure)

Aguero (c) Ings Maupay

All players in good current form and a few differentials in there. Taking a gamble with Aguero but I need to make up ground on the leader in my paid league..about 70 points behind..and he's a good differential. Triple Liverpool for the DGW in which I'll be TC'ing Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

@Chesty08

Must be Button and Sarr

Wouldn't get David Martin now. A) Randolph is almost a certainty to gain a starting position the moment he's available and B) You'll probably lost 0.1m on Martin then if you have him lingering for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

finally finished messing around. "final" WC team below. Taking a gamble on laca for this week only with auba out. I will transfer him out for Rashford next week. Was a hard choice between Grealish and Sar; still might change these 2 before Saturday but it looks like Grealish has the better fixtures

fd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

darego wrote: »
    finally finished messing around. "final" WC team below. Taking a gamble on laca for this week only with auba out. I will transfer him out for Rashford next week. Was a hard choice between Grealish and Sar; still might change these 2 before Saturday but it looks like Grealish has the better fixtures

fd.png

That is a lot of double ups!

That is a lot of double ups!

do you know what, i didn't even notice that lol going to have to have another think about this!

do you know what, i didn't even consider that lol going to have to have another think about this!

Richi to Snodgrass?

Gives you a WH player for the DGW. Only risk is if he starts, seems to rotate a bit.

callaway92 wrote: »
    @Chesty08

Must be Button and Sarr

Wouldn't get David Martin now. A) Randolph is almost a certainty to gain a starting position the moment he's available and B) You'll probably lost 0.1m on Martin then if you have him lingering for a couple of weeks.

Why is a must? Is Sarr a better player option to Perez in your opinion.

I’ve Martin at 4mil & I’m not spending anymore. I’ll absorb the 2 point loss when I bench boost. I’ll never be changing this player going forward so value of won’t matter.

There is a chance Martin keeps his place though?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Why is a must? Is Sarr a better player option to Perez in your opinion.

I’ve Martin at 4mil & I’m not spending anymore. I’ll absorb the 2 point loss when I bench boost. I’ll never be changing this player going forward so value of won’t matter.

There is a chance Martin keeps his place though?

Yes - As far as output goes, Sarr is better than Perez and I believe a better FF shout too.

Little-to-no chance that Martin keeps his place.

• Advertisement

Ashley Young to inter going through
    Williams will see plenty of game time now

km79 wrote: »

Was always going to. Has been excellent. With the exception of the Man City 3 goals he had kept 6 clean sheets in his 7 games. I’m going to be using him like Lundstram was & with thst I’m considering taken Lundstram out completely and going with

Trent VvD (Mendy or Williams) Tanganga as 5th choice or even going with

VvD to Janmaat & looking good squeeze Firmino in for Maupay. Sarr will become Doucoure to enable it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭macraignil

km79 wrote: »

I know Luke Shaw is currently yellow flagged but when he is back fit will he not take the left back position ahead of Williams at least in some games?

macraignil wrote: »
    I know Luke Shaw is currently yellow flagged but when he is back fit will he not take the left back position ahead of Williams at least in some games?

Yes in some games
    But then he will be injured again.
    I think/hope Williams is first choice for rest of season. Shaw offers nothing. Hopefully plays cup games.
    Williams is first name on my WC list

callaway92 wrote: »
    Yes - As far as output goes, Sarr is better than Perez and I believe a better FF shout too.

Little-to-no chance that Martin keeps his place.

what do you think about Grealish vs Sarr mate?

Richarlison is out so back to the drawing board!!

Mc Carthy (Martin)

Trent Virgil Webster (Lundy Williams)

Salah KdB Mahrez Sarr (Fleck)

Aguero Ings Pukki

———————-

The alternative is

Virgil - Mendy
    Ings - Firmino
    Mahrez - £6.9mil mid (no one I really fancy in this bracket though)

Mc Carthy (Martin)

Aguero Ings Pukki

———————-

The alternative is

Virgil - Mendy
    Ings - Firmino

Gomez instad of Virgil?

Mc Carthy (Martin)

Aguero Ings Pukki

———————-

The alternative is

Virgil - Mendy
    Ings - Firmino

Mahrez > Grealish?

• Advertisement

Mahrez > Grealish?

I’m now worried about Villa overall.

I was looking at Antonio. Might go with Snodgrass & leave the cash there

Advertisement