Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot to renew home insurance!

• 17-08-2019 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Only found out today when I returned home from a few days away that I forgot to renew my home insurance.

Only found out when I got a letter from my mortgage provider that Zurich told then my insurance had been cancelled. It expired on July 14th as I eventually found the letter they had sent me.

All my fault and I'm usually on the ball. Going to ring first thing Monday morning but does anyone know if this is a pain to fix and will the lapse make it difficult to renew?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

You're off cover, but a call will sort it easily enough. Personally, being an unlucky sod, I'd do a new policy online now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Thanks. I couldn't renew through the online system, asked me to ring them.

Got it renewed easily this morning, they said the lapse was very short (1 month) so it wasn't an insurance, just asked some standard questions to find out if anything had happened the house during the lapse.

I did rang the bank, BOI, and they were able to give me an email address to send the interested party letter from Zurich to.

Only lapsed for a month but thank fcuk nothing happened during that time. :o

Advertisement