Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First ever build! Feedback welcome

Options
  • 17-08-2019 8:29pm

Never did this before....I already got myself a Node 202 case (haven't much space), PSU (because it's the best for the case apparently), monitor (****ty one from 2016 but I suppose I can upgrade at some point) and storage options. For everything else I just browsed on pcpartpicker what most other Node 202 owners had.

Here's the link:
    https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/list/yLtb4q

I have the Graphics card, CPU and mobo, RAM and CPU Cooler in my Amazon basket for £658. Want to use Amazon only.

I'll be honest and say I don't really know what I'm doing but am trying. Thanks for any help!

:edit: Oh I want it for gaming!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Never did this before....I already got myself a Node 202 case (haven't much space), PSU (because it's the best for the case apparently), monitor (****ty one from 2016 but I suppose I can upgrade at some point) and storage options. For everything else I just browsed on pcpartpicker what most other Node 202 owners had.

Here's the link:
    https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/list/yLtb4q

I have the Graphics card, CPU and mobo, RAM and CPU Cooler in my Amazon basket for £658. Want to use Amazon only.

I'll be honest and say I don't really know what I'm doing but am trying. Thanks for any help!

:edit: Oh I want it for gaming!

Buy the ram separate, if you get 1 stick of 8 its 35 pound on amazon so just up it to 2 when in basket and it will save you 9.50 pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Get the MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC instead - £50 cheaper but a better motherboard.

Also, do you have the necessary PCI-Express riser cable?

Also also, instead of GTX 1060 get the new GTX 1660 - it's 30% better performance for the same price!

Kimbot wrote: »
    Buy the ram separate, if you get 1 stick of 8 its 35 pound on amazon so just up it to 2 when in basket and it will save you 9.50 pounds

I'm finding the RAM really confusing....could you please link to the RAM you're referring to just so we're clear? But thank you as you drew my attention to the fact I had the ddr4-3000 in my basket rather than the desired 3200.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Get the MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC instead - £50 cheaper but a better motherboard.

Also, do you have the necessary PCI-Express riser cable?

Also also, instead of GTX 1060 get the new GTX 1660 - it's 30% better performance for the same price!

Thank you, I changed both the mobo and GPU to your recommendations. The Node 202 came with a riser card so I think that will suffice instead of a riser cable? (not that I'm sure)

https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/list/y9Fr9J

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Don't buy the MSI Gaming X - it's complete overkill & the price is verging into 1660 Ti territory.
    Get the Armor OC instead.

• Advertisement

I finally got all the parts today. I realised I needed a mounting kit for the Noctua fan but I pressed ahead with the one that came with the CPU. However when I went to fit the GPU it seemed to be too wide. Don't think that card is compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I finally got all the parts today. I realised I needed a mounting kit for the Noctua fan but I pressed ahead with the one that came with the CPU. However when I went to fit the GPU it seemed to be too wide. Don't think that card is compatible.

What's the card hitting? The case or the CPU cooler?

I got it....needed a bit of wiggling but somehow I got it into place. Panic over! Love to all!

Advertisement