Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frenchs The Premier House, Gorey

Options
  • 17-08-2019 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭

Frenchs.jpg

One of my favourite 'old man's pubs' is French's in Gorey; for years I've wanted to get a decent photograph of it but there's a damn tree in the way and usually a line of parked cars. Even in winter the tree prevents a decent photograph and I have been left well frustrated.

However, good news at last as Gorey artist Michael Sheridan has produced a very nice painting of the pub minus the offending tree and parked cars. Sadly, I missed the original painting which has already been sold but a signed limited edition print - price €20 - is available from the tourist office in the Market House on Main Street.

Better hurry though as they are selling like hot cakes!

Advertisement