Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a House in Kiltipper

Options
  • 17-08-2019 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone, just looking for advice. We're thinking of buying a house in Elder Heath in Kiltipper and hoping to get some information from someone who lives there.

We're just wondering about the safety of the area and such, I'm aware it's between two areas that have negative reputations (not saying everyone living there is bad!!! I have had good friends from those areas). We have a young child and I want to make sure he grows up somewhere safe.

Secondly, what is public transport like at peak times going to the city centre? And is there a lot of congestion for those of us who drive to work?

Last thing! What are the creches/ecce playschools like? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance! I really appreciate any help here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

i'll deal with your creche issue and say good luck on that front!! We moved to Ballycullen from Swords with a 2 year old. And looked around the area and couldnt find anywhere for her. Not on full time hours. there was waiting lists galore!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Hi everyone, just looking for advice. We're thinking of buying a house in Elder Heath in Kiltipper and hoping to get some information from someone who lives there.

We're just wondering about the safety of the area and such, I'm aware it's between two areas that have negative reputations (not saying everyone living there is bad!!! I have had good friends from those areas). We have a young child and I want to make sure he grows up somewhere safe.

Secondly, what is public transport like at peak times going to the city centre? And is there a lot of congestion for those of us who drive to work?

Last thing! What are the creches/ecce playschools like? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance! I really appreciate any help here!

Not from there but know the area pretty well. Deerpark has gone downhill as has parts of Kiltipper(Marlfield). There are quite a lot of the houses rented out so make of that what you will. But i wouldn't worry as compared to the other two area's beside it, there is no comparison.

There are a few shops and a pub not far from you, i also remember seeing a creche the last time i passed through a few months ago but can't recall the name of it.

Best of luck anyway

Also just to add, not sure where you are moving from but the area is what we'd call Diverse and Muilticultural

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

The creche is called Cocoon, the one one down by the Kiltipper Inn.

That's the one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010

You’d be better off looking in old bawn or aylesbury. A lot of antisocial behavior in elder heath due to where it backs onto so I hear from some living there. Traffic is horrendous out of tallaght to city centre but that’s pretty much wherever you live. Also you’d have a 15 min walk to nearest bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KayMoura

Hi,

I am about to put a deposit in a house there. I have been looking for a decent place with a decent budget for ages, and the bid wars have just put me off. Still, I fell in love with one of the houses, and as I have no kids with me full time, I don't see many disadvantages, especially nowadays that I have the option to wfh so the traffic could be avoided.

For those living around, would you say it is safe? Is there any burglary? Phone watch, security cameras and security gadgets would solve in this case?

I am from Brazil, have you ever seen any sort of vandalism against expats etc?

Any help would be much appreciated.

K

Advertisement