Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threadban

Options
  • 17-08-2019 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve been threadbanned from the Gang attack Gardai in Drogheda. Allegedly is is for “constant racist posting”, although I have not posted anything at all racist. Moderator Beasty has deemed posts with zero mention of race as “racist”. As far as I can see s/he does not agree with my viewpoint and is using their position as a mod to shut it down. I have spoken to them through PM and they are sticking to their guns.

Edit: Moderator has not changed reason from “constant racist posting” to “racist undertones”. I’m guessing they couldn’t find any actual racism.

Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As I have told you via PM, if it had been worse you would have received far more than a threadban

You brought completely irrelevant racial issues into a thread about a gang in Drogheda. You were threadbanned for that (as was another poster). I could have carded you, and TBH you have got off lightly here. This does not show on your Boards "record", although if I see this sort of thing from you again you will not be getting off so lightly. You are banned from single thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Beasty wrote: »
    As I have told you via PM, if it had been worse you would have received far more than a threadban

You brought completely irrelevant racial issues into a thread about a gang in Drogheda. You were threadbanned for that (as was another poster). I could have carded you, and TBH you have got off lightly here. This does not show on your Boards "record", although if I see this sort of thing from you again you will not be getting off so lightly. You are banned from single thread.

I’m not happy with that. Nothing i posted was racist. I take offence to being told my posts are racist. You’ve still to show me what “racial issues” I brought in. When I asked in PM you posted 4 examples, none of which mentioned race in any way, shape or form.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You seem to feel the need to introduce irrelevant racial elements to the discussion. You don't have to mention race for posts to be racist, and I've shown you two very clear examples where you were playing the "race" card

Cut out the non too subtle racist undertones and everything will be OK. In terms of that particular thread you are better off out of it. You had seen another poster told not to post in it again, and there were several warnings in the thread

You seem to feel the need to introduce irrelevant racial elements to the discussion. You don't have to mention race for posts to be racist, and I've shown you two very clear examples where you were playing the "race" card

Cut out the non too subtle racist undertones and everything will be OK. In terms of that particular thread you are better off out of it. You had seen another poster told not to post in it again, and there were several warnings in the thread

“Repeated racist comments. You bring race into the discussion at every opportunity” - this is the reason you gave for threadbanning me.

Now you are saying that “you don’t need to mention race for posts to be racist”.

So which is it? I’m bringing race in at every opportunity, yet am not mentioning race?? That is an oxymoron.

We don’t seem to be getting anywhere here, you are tying yourself in knots to try and convince yourself that my posts are “racist”. Can this be elevated to a Cmod or something??

You are alluding to race at every opportunity. You are taking those opportunities to attempt to introduce racial aspects.You are claiming this post has nothing to do with race. You never mentioned race there did you. That was the post that triggered the threadban

You seriously claim that your reference to Nwankwo from Ghana has nothing to do with race?

You clearly know damn well what you are doing, and trying to be a smart-arse here is not helping you

In this one you were openly replying to someone who was arguing that some people were looking to "dismantle the racist power structures they are lashing out against"

In this one you were responding to a post including "We already have had several violent racially motivated deaths in Ireland."

These are the posts I quoted to you via PM Those are the specific posts you are claiming are nothing to do with race because you "did not mention" race

• Advertisement

You are alluding to race at every opportunity. You are taking those opportunities to attempt to introduce racial aspects.You are claiming this post has nothing to do with race. You never mentioned race there did you. That was the post that triggered the threadban

You seriously claim that your reference to Nwankwo from Ghana has nothing to do with race?

You clearly know damn well what you are doing, and trying to be a smart-arse here is not helping you

In this one you were openly replying to someone who was arguing that some people were looking to "dismantle the racist power structures they are lashing out against"

In this one you were responding to a post including "We already have had several violent racially motivated deaths in Ireland."

These are the posts I quoted to you via PM Those are the specific posts you are claiming are nothing to do with race because you "did not mention" race

First post was in reply to somebody lying about the “Straight outta Tryellstown was for a rap album”, I merely pointed out a similar incident that happened in my town where the same excuse was used when a guy was arrested with a meat cleaver and a balaclava in his bag.

As I’ve already stated, Nwankwo fro Ghana was in the context of someone stating that we need immigration to improve the economy. I plucked Kanu’s name out of thin air. My point stands whether it is Nwankwo from Ghana or Mr Kinklatsze from Georgia. If you are unskilled and can’t speak the language how do they improve the economy?

As for “racial power struggles” in Ireland, that’s just laughable. There is no “racial power struggle” here. Any the poster made no reference to race. His views are towards all criminals. Hes advocates the hug a thug response in many criminal threads.

Post 4 was someone sensationalising one or two news stories that have nothing to do with the thread. I believe one was Irish on Polish, that was just a poor polish guy in the wrong place at the wrong time when a scumbag decided to attack him.

You’ve gone from accusing me of racist posting, to racist undertones to now alluding to race. I believe that none of my posts are racist. I am disgusted that a mod would call my posts racist and I would like someone else to review this, independently, and I believe they will think you have been heavy handed because you disagree with my point of view. I don’t believe I have broken any rules. You have changed the reason 3 times now, from “constant racial posting” to “alluding to race”. Which are miles apart from each other.

Any update on this? I've asked twice if this could be reviewed by someone independent/higher as I feel i've been wrongfully banned. I haven't gotten any response to this request.

Thanks.

Any update on this? I've asked twice if this could be reviewed by someone independent/higher as I feel i've been wrongfully banned. I haven't gotten any response to this request.

Thanks.

Sorry but it’s been over 3 days since I last asked if this could be reviewed independently. I’d appreciate an update. How can I escalate this??

Thanks.

Any update on this?? Its been two weeks since I’ve had the courtesy of a reply.

Advertisement