Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing doors on kitchen presses

Options
  • 18-08-2019 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

House almost 20 years old. Would like to give the kitchen a bit of a revamp but kitchen is in very good condition so can't justify getting a new one. Kitchen is white. So I'd like to get kitchen units sprayed or painted a sage green maybe and replace all doors and handles to a shaker style to update them. Wonder what cost is like. 17 doors, another 5 with glass. Also would shaker doors come not painted and I can get whole kitchen painted together, at least they would all be one colour. Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Would you not just paint them yourself?

Buy a primer, sugar soap and sand a bit then buy cupboard paint or specific kitchen cupboard pain and paint them yourself?

You would save a lot of money, lots of YouTube videos showing how to do it. Few on Facebook as well.

Not sure on cost of replacing doors itself but I’d imagine it would be costly enough.
    Cal04 wrote: »
    House almost 20 years old. Would like to give the kitchen a bit of a revamp but kitchen is in very good condition so can't justify getting a new one. Kitchen is white. So I'd like to get kitchen units sprayed or painted a sage green maybe and replace all doors and handles to a shaker style to update them. Wonder what cost is like. 17 doors, another 5 with glass. Also would shaker doors come not painted and I can get whole kitchen painted together, at least they would all be one colour. Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Your best bet is to take some measurements and go to some shops and ask. I enquired about replacing doors on our kitchen as a temporary fix a couple of years ago and a couple of shops just said no straight off- they said the doors I had might not be standard size etc.
    Tbh, by the time you go replacing doors and spraying what’s there, you might find there’s not a huge difference in the cost between that and replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

the panelling centre does this, their site says the price works out about 800 on average.

Advertisement