Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

sKeith wrote: »
    can the brotherhood make alliances or only the 3 large houses XXX YYY ZZZ's

Had assumed so. But only one of them. An alliance can't be of more than two "grouping".

Course, I could be wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

quickbeam wrote: »
    So would it simply be a race then for who makes an alliance first? If two houses get a majority at 5 players before another two get a majority at 6, then first two win? How do you choose who to ally yourself with? Is this where meta comes in, and you say, "I'm not allying with XXXX because they shot me in a previous game"?

Not sure. Will obviously massively come down to who is left, what numbers are left, etc.

And this is also running on an ignorance of what powers are in play, who is playing this game of thrones that is operating from the shadows....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So would it simply be a race then for who makes an alliance first? If two houses get a majority at 5 players before another two get a majority at 6, then first two win? How do you choose who to ally yourself with? Is this where meta comes in, and you say, "I'm not allying with XXXX because they shot me in a previous game"?

Well IF there's a phase 2 one house could simply lie about the numbers they have left.

I think we should just focus on killing zombies for the moment anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

So the zombies know who they are? Do the roled players? Or does no one?
    We have to make an anon account and play eith two accounts. I'm super confused.
    I feel like migel farrage when offered a continental breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Can you explain it toe like I'm a 4 year old?

Morning all, need to have a proper read of this before we get going

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Very poor choice of gif when this bad boy is just gagging to be used

giphy.gif

Also - hello

For the more experienced people am I right in reading there are no munches here?
    Its going to be ridiculously hard to find the NK

No munches. Conversions.

But I imagine plenty of deaths via lynching and bullets and other stuff.

Gonna check my PM at 2pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Do the House BR's only come into force after NK team are killed.

My take on it, from a quick read.

Doesn't help that I am not well up on storyline. Will need to re-read OP a good few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

sKeith wrote: »
    can the brotherhood make alliances or only the 3 large houses XXX YYY ZZZ's

Sounds like just the three, it specifically says they can only make an alliance with one of the other two

Very poor choice of gif when this bad boy is just gagging to be used

giphy.gif

Also - hello

For the more experienced people am I right in reading there are no munches here?
    Its going to be ridiculously hard to find the NK

This is what's confusing me.

At the moment, I'm presuming

Munch = conversion

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Night King = some sort of Cult leader? Although it sounds like a pretty strong role so maybe he cannot recruit every day

Night King plus 12 listed characters makes 13/21... 8 NRVs? but with some of those potentially being hidden characters and tbh they probably aren't basic NRVs anyway as they would surely need allegiance to some house

The line referencing such hidden characters in the OP stands out to me
    Other factions / characters may exist in this game. There are no assigned roles in this game.

The characters part not so much but other factions is a bit of a surprise with 4 and the Night King already in the game. No assigned roles is interesting though. So even though characters are assigned I am guessing we don't have BGs/Seers etc but that that will all be done via prizes.

then there is this which really stands out
    Surviving House’s can form alliances with each other on thread, using their provided anonymous accounts.

Didn't think this game had Anon accounts, but either way alliances could make this game complicated although I suppose until the Night King is killed they won't matter much.

another thing that should be pointed out for people like me who don't usually read the OP properly too is
    There will be no secret tasks in the game thread.

• Advertisement

No munches. Conversions.

But I imagine plenty of deaths via lynching and bullets and other stuff.

Gonna check my PM at 2pm :)

Spoiler:
    You're a wolf

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Do the House BR's only come into force after NK team are killed.

My take on it, from a quick read.

Doesn't help that I am not well up on storyline. Will need to re-read OP a good few times.

That's my take too.

On the most simplistic of levels, we are, for now, a team of villagers vs zombies. We all work together to take down the zombies, and once that's done, we can focus on individual glory.

Guffy wrote: »
    Can you explain it toe like I'm a 4 year old?

Morning all, need to have a proper read of this before we get going

I think we're all pretty much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ atm.

Didn't think this game had Anon accounts, but either way alliances could make this game complicated although I suppose until the Night King is killed they won't matter much.

My reading of that is that each house has a separate account, so there are 21players but 25 accounts can post here

Ok... so its vanilla enough to start, just the wolven party grows? Can we forget about the NK and just weed out the brotherhood!

No set goodie powers so the night king and his team can also win them which is quite annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

So the zombies know who they are? Do the roled players? Or does no one?
    We have to make an anon account and play eith two accounts. I'm super confused.
    I feel like migel farrage when offered a continental breakfast
    at this moment in time there is just the nightking, no zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm still paranoid that I am posting in the right account. Last anon game still has me frazzled over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Wonder if some people can’t be converted? Like Cersai once she has that BG lad around...

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'm still paranoid that I am posting in the right account. Last anon game still has me frazzled over it.

Ya the forgetting to sign into anon had turned me away for a while, couldnt be handling the pressure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

I think we are all just going to have to assume we're all village until dsomeone dies and hope beyond hope the person who died, died for a reason to help us figure this out.

I'm in the car on my way from church to a meal so I'll be back later, if still alive. Hopefully someone cam explain to me in simple speak then.

• Advertisement

Surviving House’s can form alliances with each other on thread, using their provided anonymous accounts. When an alliance is formed, the sum total of members in the alliance will count towards the tally for numerical superiority. So, for example, House Stark has 2 players and House Lannister has 2 players, and there are 3 other players alive from other houses; if House’s Stark and Lannister ally, they will win the game.

Houses, plural.

Makes me think the Brotherhood counts as a house. HS + HL mentioned, then other houses means more than 1.

Ok... so its vanilla enough to start, just the wolven party grows? Can we forget about the NK and just weed out the brotherhood!

No set goodie powers so the night king and his team can also win them which is quite annoying.

Why weed out the brotherhood am I missing something?

Drumpot wrote: »
    Wonder if some people can’t be converted? Like Cersai once she has that BG lad around...

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ummm forget about the Night King?!

that sets off alarm bells for me. Why forget about the person who has to be killed before any house can win? Why forget about the person who can convert people to his team? We should be trying to get them first (even if there is nothing really to go on) before he converts too many.

Wut????

Why do you say this?

Once you said it I went back and read their OP bit, I had missed the bit about them and the Lannisters

Even in this deeply divided land there are men who swear no allegiance to any King or Queen, The Brotherhood without Banners a group of outlaws, who eschew loyalties to one house or another and actively work against Lannister interests throughout the Kingdom. Beric Dondarian, and the man who raised him from the dead Thoros of Myr are joined by Sandor Clegane, The Hound, younger brother of Queen Cersei's bodyguard The Mountain. There is no love lost between Sandor and his older brother, in fact there are many scores to settle.

So it appears that the three houses are not equal or at least do not have an equal run at the game. It'll be interesting to see how this bit plays out, could be a side-show we could do without in trying to get the NK.

But back to my original question? Why do you want to weed out the Brotherhood? Is this a claim to be house Lannister?

I wonder if it's like the show where you kill the NK that kills the wights too. Would presume so

Houses, plural.

Makes me think the Brotherhood counts as a house. HS + HL mentioned, then other houses means more than 1.

The OP kinda fudges it

The three large Houses (Lannister, Stark and Targaryen) can only ally with 1 of the other 2 large houses at any one time.

Necro wrote: »
    I wonder if it's like the show where you kill the NK that kills the wights too. Would presume so

Would actually presume not.

Once NK is killed no more conversions could happen, but anyone previously converted will play on as team Zombie with the aim of winning for the NK.

• Advertisement

The OP kinda fudges it

The three large Houses (Lannister, Stark and Targaryen) can only ally with 1 of the other 2 large houses at any one time.

Wonder if there's hidden smaller houses then, and they can merge with 1 large house and any number of smaller houses. Plenty of houses in GoT to chose from.

Advertisement