Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sKeith wrote: »
    What in the hells does the NK care about houses.
    Houses do not matter until after the NK is dead.

I was going by the NK win conditions Necro had quoted and his interpretation of it. However it could of course be incorrect and as said I am not sure if the characters not listed in the OP but affiliated to houses would factor into it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Are you talking about the endgame shuffle?
    I thought we weren't going to worry about end game shuffle until NK is dead.

it 3v3v3v2 atm
    If NK was to die now, then the first 2 houses to make an allegiance would win the game. auto win at 6 or 5 against 3 and 3 or 2.

No I don't give a rat's arse about the endgame shuffle right now.

Those variables are changeable though as we don't know if a house member is converted is my point

Did you read Clara's death notice?

ya, she was killed by a dragon and was a brother with no arms

ya, she was killed by a dragon and was a brother with no arms

no banners, jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The OP states

The Nightkings team wins if the number of people on his team is equal to the sum of all other houses (i.e. parity). While the Nightkings team is alive, it is not possible for the village or any individual house to win.

IF and it’s only an IF, there are only three houses, that’s nine people. If the NK can convert one that’s a massive swing.

However later in the OP it refers to these being the three large houses which would suggest that everyone is considered as being in a house

• Advertisement

The idea 100% should be to get the NK but houses do matter if the NK is not dead in terms of the NKs win conditions
    The Nightkings team wins if the number of people on his team is equal to the sum of all other houses (i.e. parity)

Back in an hour or so

Green&Red wrote: »
    The OP states

The Nightkings team wins if the number of people on his team is equal to the sum of all other houses (i.e. parity). While the Nightkings team is alive, it is not possible for the village or any individual house to win.

IF and it’s only an IF, there are only three houses, that’s nine people. If the NK can convert one that’s a massive swing.

However later in the OP it refers to these being the three large houses which would suggest that everyone is considered as being in a house

Well there's 4 'houses' (Brotherhood seem to be a house too) in the OP but that's what I was referring to. If some of the house members are converted the variables change so calculating when exactly we lose is difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I feel like we're going in circles here. Talk of houses should be considered wolf talk as it's not helping us look at who the Night King might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I was going by the NK win conditions Necro had quoted and his interpretation of it. However it could of course be incorrect and as said I am not sure if the characters not listed in the OP but affiliated to houses would factor into it

Okay,

I get you.

You believe that the sum = 11 and that for every conversion the NK does from the Named houses in the OP, they do double damage.

So,

under that theory,
    with no lynching.

11 v 3 today
    10 v 4

9 v 5
    8 v 6
    7 v 7 game won by NK.

if we also lynched from the houses in the OP

10v3 after lynch d1

9v4 convert

8v4 oops, lynched another housey after lynch d2

7v5 convert we at lylo here. day 3 is lylo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro wrote: »
    Well there's 4 'houses' (Brotherhood seem to be a house too) in the OP but that's what I was referring to. If some of the house members are converted the variables change so calculating when exactly we lose is difficult

I feel the brotherhood are mercenaries whom can join which ever house they want to when endgame comes.

Thats just my take on it

tusk wrote: »
    I'm still not caught up. but this just caught my eye.

Isn't this very obviously the case?

Are you saying this trying to come across as not knowing 100% because you are actually the NK?

I'm just talking the game mechanics of the NK, its a different main evil to normal so I thought it was worth pointing out.

Normal strategy is to kill Evils but in a conversion only evil you need to kill the source as quick as possible

I'm just talking the game mechanics of the NK, its a different main evil to normal so I thought it was worth pointing out.

Normal strategy is to kill Evils but in a conversion only evil you need to kill the source as quick as possible

If's very similar to the zombies in the walking dead game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Okay,

I get you.

You believe that the sum = 11 and that for every conversion the NK does from the Named houses in the OP, they do double damage.

So,

under that theory,
    with no lynching.

11 v 3 today
    10 v 4

9 v 5
    8 v 6
    7 v 7 game won by NK.

if we also lynched from the houses in the OP

10v3 after lynch d1

9v4 convert

8v4 oops, lynched another housey after lynch d2

7v5 convert we at lylo here. day 3 is lylo

FWIW I think everyone is part of a house. It specifically talks about the three large houses, which means there are more.

beakerjoe wrote: »

I feel the brotherhood are mercenaries whom can join which ever house they want to when endgame comes.

Thats just my take on it

That was my interpretation/assumption too.

If's very similar to the zombies in the walking dead game.

Ya exactly I was the converting baddie in that game but only got a conversion every 2nd day and there was still a main evil team though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

FWIW I think everyone is part of a house. It specifically talks about the three large houses, which means there are more.

I'd agree. I can't imagine that only those in the named houses would count for parity.

Ya exactly I was the converting baddie in that game but only got a conversion every 2nd day and there was still a main evil team though

And, iirc the zombies could keep converting even after you died

FWIW, I would agree with you.

I'd say the number is currently 17v3 in relation to NK v parity.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod Note

Following on from a question via PM, the mods have sent out a decree to all with the following:

For parity count against the Night kings faction, the entire village is aligned with the houses, as a collective.

The OP will be updated with this clarification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

There we are so.

Sweet. That resolves that.

So 17-3 as we are. Bring it on Night King

And, iirc the zombies could keep converting even after you died

O **** ya forgot about that, if that was the case killing at source wouldn't matter then. then again zombies are different to the NK

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Sweet. That resolves that.

So 17-3 as we are. Bring it on Night King

Thanks Necro, We all know what happens When you underestimate the NK :(

DefinitiveRingedBongo-size_restricted.gif

Also potential Brienne's aside (as whats done is done) don't reveal unless you have to as that just lets the NK know who is a member of a house and therefore who he should or shouldn't target as in the case of Brienne.

That said I don't know if people not listed in the OP might be considered members of houses if they are affiliated with said houses.

So, knowing all that we know now, do you want to adjust the above statement? Because its all fear mongering, but we can give you the benefit of now using the new knowledge to amend it, or do you think its still good advise, even with all we know now?

Drumpot wrote: »
    Thanks Necro, We all know what happens When you underestimate the NK :(

Well it puts paid to putting house above village for now I would hope.

tenor.gif?itemid=14034500

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I'm carving out some time now to catch up.

Prepare yourselves.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    My understanding of the OP.

It's effectively village vs zombies to start off with.

If/when we kill all the zombies, the remaining, surviving players are split into teams, based on their starting alliances.

At which point, we've got a big old case of Game Theory to deal with, where we have to decide among ourselves who and how many people win.

But until the zombies are dead, that politics aspect really isn't in play. We should just be focusing on downing zombies?

This is my understanding. Currently we've 1 (now three, I believe) baddies that need to be caught.

Worrying about the house politics will not help us beat the evils. We can bicker among houses once we've offed the NK.

we have 9 village who can prove themselves by making an anon account say what they want it to say. There are no roles in the game, only prizes, so no reason for those 9 people not to make them selves super villagers.

we never lynch super villagers, so only the white walker can convert them, but the other in the hous3 will alert us when one of their own has been converted, so we can mark them for death.

I'm happy to go along with this if the consensus believes it to be of benefit. Obviously it would make late game easier for some houses, but we need to ensure we get to late game first.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Okay, so, NK and say 2 converts are killed.

We're left with, say 2 HL, 2 HS, 3 HT, 3 Brotherhood and 4 others.

HL and HT combine and are now 5 which is more than any other faction? They win together, and everyone else loses? Is that about the gist? Even though all are so-called "good" players (villagers is a normal game)?

There are no goodies in the game of thrones. You win or you die!

Advertisement