Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

tusk wrote: »
    I'm happy to go along with this if the consensus believes it to be of benefit. Obviously it would make late game easier for some houses, but we need to ensure we get to late game first.
    I don't think the houses can control the anon account yet :( So, it doesn't help us now unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

quickbeam wrote: »
    So would it simply be a race then for who makes an alliance first? If two houses get a majority at 5 players before another two get a majority at 6, then first two win? How do you choose who to ally yourself with? Is this where meta comes in, and you say, "I'm not allying with XXXX because they shot me in a previous game"?

The thing is you don't know how many players are actively alive in each house, so making alliances with another house is potentially a crap shoot, unless people are coming out on thread and are confirmed.

Anyway, I'm just going to overlook all this politics/house talk because there's clearly only one thing we should be focusing on right now.

Guffy wrote: »
    Ok... so its vanilla enough to start, just the wolven party grows? Can we forget about the NK and just weed out the brotherhood!

No set goodie powers so the night king and his team can also win them which is quite annoying.

I'm hoping you've explained this in a later post, but bejaysus, why wouldyou go after the brotherhood in place of the NK?

Also, wasn't clara in the BH.... linkeroonie?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Anyways all this house talk and parity talk while it helped a bit is distracting us from the primary issue.

So we gonna FFA peeps or what?

I can't compile unfortunately though.

At least we might get some new discussion going

Necro wrote: »
    Anyways all this house talk and parity talk while it helped a bit is distracting us from the primary issue.

So we gonna FFA peeps or what?

I can't compile unfortunately though.

At least we might get some new discussion going

There are 3 evils, two originals and a convert. A three person ffa with reasoning for the two originals and the convert would be welcome, make sure you identify which one of the three you believe to be the convert, therefore we take it the other two are the originals.

• Advertisement

Would actually presume not.

Once NK is killed no more conversions could happen, but anyone previously converted will play on as team Zombie with the aim of winning for the NK.

I would have thought the opposite. Once NK is killed, no matter how many conversions, they all kick it. Otherwise we'd never get into the second 'phase' of the game. There's no possible way for us to lynch faster than he can convert, and once he's 3 or 4 converted and then dies, it's like the game starting all over again as a regular WW, only we've a lot less villagers on our side.

Can't imagine the game could work like that, though I'll keep reading and see what others have said.

sKeith wrote: »
    There are 3 evils, two originals and a convert. A three person ffa with reasoning for the two originals and the convert would be welcome, make sure you identify which one of the three you believe to be the convert, therefore we take it the other two are the originals.

Yeah but I always go first and then get FFAed for stupid reasons as a result.

I have two originals I'm suspicious of, not sure on the convert at the moment though.

Just didnt like them.

So we definitely have a lannister or a NK here...

Ok,

Or your really trying to make something stick

Don't think so... This is a reasonable line of questioning. The only reason to go after them is if you're a lannister, or if you're the NK and think you've found an easy skapegoat to pawn suspicion off on .

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Is the NK all on her lonesome on D1 and coversions kick in after that.

Sorry, trying to keep an eye on this & make sure my dinner isn't being cremated at the same time.

What's with the Her?

Do you know something we don't? Or are you trying to allay suspicion?

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Typo, misread OP.

Also been up & about since 7. Have a casserole simmering here for later. Not having it just yet.

Was it a typo, or did you misread the OP? Two different excuses there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I have two originals I'm suspicious of, not sure on the convert at the moment though.

I've only been scanning through necro, but I actually don't think you're wolfy for a change. That should probably worry me but you're not on my ffa right now.

Tusk, I feel like you're very quiet (pot, meet kettle) so I'm going to have a look at your posts when I get home as I hate accusing people without something concrete. I'm wrecked though, so if you could just iso yourself that would be great. ;)

Guffy, I hate that post about ignoring the NK but I think it could just be a new player. I'll try and get properly caught up in a few hours.

Sorry it's just random thoughts right now guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Most folks get FFAd for stupid reasons on day one, youre post a lot style means you say more than others so usually get FFAd as a result.

That's also why I think no more converts after NK is dead, we'd never kill them fast enough if they keep recruiting. Too powerful for the NK.

OtoH having them all die once the NK dies seems too powerful for the village.

Yes, it's too powerful for the village, but remember this isn't a game of bad versus good, it's a game of house versus house, versus bad. When the village kill the NK, the village wins in a sense, but there's still House versus House to actually win. It's a super interesting dynamic I was toying around with myself.

Don't think so... This is a reasonable line of questioning. The only reason to go after them is if you're a lannister, or if you're the NK and think you've found an easy skapegoat to pawn suspicion off on .

See, I don't get this from either side of the in-house fighting.

why a Lanister? why would a lanister want to kill brotherhood and ignore NK?

seems like a nk move, i don't understand why you and others say lannisters would do this.

There is no lanister brotherhood feud in the OP.

Can you please post a step by step how too tutorial of meme posting

You've six thousand and seven hundred posts on boards and you've never posted an image? U serious?

The Brotherhood without Banners a group of outlaws, who eschew loyalties to one house or another and actively work against Lannister interests throughout the Kingdom

Skeith^^^

Choc Chip wrote: »
    I've only been scanning through necro, but I actually don't think you're wolfy for a change. That should probably worry me but you're not on my ffa right now.

Tusk, I feel like you're very quiet (pot, meet kettle) so I'm going to have a look at your posts when I get home as I hate accusing people without something concrete. I'm wrecked though, so if you could just iso yourself that would be great. ;)

Guffy, I hate that post about ignoring the NK but I think it could just be a new player. I'll try and get properly caught up in a few hours.

Guffy has played 26 games that are recorded in the stats sheet.
    At what number do we stop calling people new?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'll do an #FFA1

1Tusk. Like I said early I don't think I've ever seen him this absent in a we game so it feels suspicious.

2 sKieth would be my conversion choice. Not laser beaming people like usual after the ISO of day zero.

3 2D person would be my other conversion choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

seems like a nk move, i don't understand why you and others say lannisters would do this.

That’s not true, it specifically says that the hound and mountain have a beef and that the brotherhood without arms works against the Lannister’s

• Advertisement

Ok.

With the likelihood I'm gonna be picked on for this here's my

#FFA1

MicksJaguar - I know it's early, and I know Mick was tender yesterday (well he says so anyways) but I can't but get the feeling he's holding back at the moment. There's no real reason to hold back presently, the only roles on the board are the NK and his minions.

LadySkunk - It's all too contrived and nice. I'm aware I may be bringing past pretext into this a bit much, but I'm getting the vibes that Skunk just is asking question to be seen to be interested. It's giving me wolfy vibes.

I don't really have a name for the convert but if I'm going with stuff then I'm going to go

fixxxer - I think he's a likely candidate for conversion based off his posts yesterday and then today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Doesn’t the op have something about the brotherhood working against the Lannister’s.

Still a seriously dodgy post by guffy (it’s a bit twtbaw to be honest)

fixxxer wrote: »
    I'll do an #FFA1

1Tusk. Like I said early I don't think I've ever seen him this absent in a we game so it feels suspicious.

2 sKieth would be my conversion choice. Not laser beaming people like usual after the ISO of day zero.

Only 1 convert so far, go back and try again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So, knowing all that we know now, do you want to adjust the above statement? Because its all fear mongering, but we can give you the benefit of now using the new knowledge to amend it, or do you think its still good advise, even with all we know now?

Not sure why you're going hard on me for this but at that point pre mod clarification the NK win conditions were being interpreted as being when he his team is equal to the sum of all the other houses (which Necro had calculated as being 11 at the time). I did say that I was not sure if the characters not listed in the OP but affiliated to houses would factor into it. As per the mod clarification those not listed in the OP do factor into it.

I don't think given the knowledge we had at the time (prior to that mod clarification), suggesting not giving the NK extra info like who was or wasn't in that 11 should be considered fear mongering and think it is very strange that you would phrase it that way sK.

Now that it is 17-3 I am obviously less worried about people pointing out if they are in a house or not in a house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Guffy has played 26 games that are recorded in the stats sheet.
    At what number do we stop calling people new?

Fair. I'm only pulling over to post thoughts so I'll agree I was wrong to call him new.

Choc Chip wrote: »

Not much to iso. Plus sk did one yesterday. I basically only started playing now.

I've just started page seven and I'm losing the will to live, so I'm not going to bother catching up anymore.

I'm just gonna play from now.

fixxxer wrote: »
    I'll do an #FFA1

Ouch. But I understand. I guess I'm just not allowed to have birthdays anymore

giphy.gif

tritium wrote: »
    Doesn’t the op have something about the brotherhood working against the Lannister’s.

Still a seriously dodgy post by guffy (it’s a bit twtbaw to be honest)

It does yeah. I dont get the context though tbh I thought Guffys posting that aside was pretty ok yesterday.

Hasnt been on since conversion so hard to gauge though

Not much to iso. Plus sk did one yesterday. I basically only started playing now.

I've just started page seven and I'm losing the will to live, so I'm not going to bother catching up anymore.

I don't get this.

page 17 - 18 around 10am is important.

Do you think we should lynch you tonight?

• Advertisement

Better plan imo. If you need to know something that happened previously you can always just ISO meeeeee

:P

Advertisement