Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Based on the first seven pages my #FFA1

Guffy - weird to say ignore the NK. He's literally the only baddie right now (or when you posted it)
    Ted - The her business is too dodgy for me and his response. Type, misread op. Two different excuses in the one reason? Wut?
    Dandy - seems to be playing a strange game, can't wrap my head around it.

sKeith wrote: »
    I don't get this.

page 17 - 18 around 10am is important.

Do you think we should lynch you tonight?

What don't you get? That i don't want to spend another 2+ hours reading a bunch of garbage?

The first seven pages were pure muck and it took me nearly an hour. I don't have that kind of energy in me tbh.

Don't lynch me because I'm good. Try to find the bloody NK hahaha. what are you on SK

If you think page 17/18 is important to read then thank you for the headsup. I will go back and read that. If there's anything else people think worthy of reading then i'm open to suggestions, but i'm not reading the whole bloody thing, simples.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Morning all.

The crossbow bolt phrase was more trying to remain somewhat within the realms of the world we all inhabit. “Bullets” are a bit rare in Westeros, so I went with a more infamous projectile.
    Fair enough, I do that myself sometimes with the lingo in games depending on the theme/timeline.

Anyway, the evil fecker who I'd associate with a crossbow is likely not in this game on further thinking.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Have we accepted that teams don’t have a BR to communicate in? I think somebody said that but can’t remember why they suggested it.

So each prize could be like a peek, a Kill and a BG protect (or something like that), for each team to win. But at the moment they don’t know which team they are on. Or maybe there are more kills, I mean we can’t go all week with one kill and the NK converting, the game would never finish!

Just putting it out there Drummer. Quite a few of your posts I've read imply that you haven't really read the OP, yet you were one of the people who thanked a post from Necro yesterday which implored everyone to read the OP. Not reading the OP or not being too familiar with it is not a villager attribute.
    Baggly wrote: »
    The Joust has reached its conclusion and the Iron Bank are sending the purses owed to the winners via raven. Big ones. Ones that can carry purses.

What?....They exist!

No you shut up.

I didn't get to enter the joust, just to let the village know. I have no prizes/powers, and haven't been converted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Necro wrote: »
    It does yeah. I dont get the context though tbh I thought Guffys posting that aside was pretty ok yesterday.

Hasnt been on since conversion so hard to gauge though

Week, they basically said let’s ignore the NK and hunt the brotherhood so either they’ve missed the point of the life destroying zombie maker or the post is pretty dodgy. I struggle a bit with the idea of the NK posting that though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

tusk wrote: »

Guffy - weird to say ignore the NK. He's literally the only baddie right now (or when you posted it)
    Ted - The her business is too dodgy for me and his response. Type, misread op. Two different excuses in the one reason? Wut?

Page 8 starts at 15:30, well before getting the prize.
    Note, at the time of page 8, the was only two bad people, so your 3 person FFA includes someone who was not evil at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Dandy playing strange is fine with me. Usually the strange ones are good as baddies are too afraid to out themselves out there for fear of being lynched.

Andy doesnt appear to have fear.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'm going to be home and out again pretty quickly this evening, so putting in my FFA now, though it may not be the best thought out:

Guffy - hasn't answered the Brotherhood/NK question to my liking (I'm not bandwaggoning here, as I see others have started mentioning him now too, but I brought this up just before conversion / kill this morning as something not to forget).

Tritium - a few posts stood out to me as sort of "stating the obvious" by way of appearing helpful and engaging and getting post count up, without actually providing anything.

Beakerjoe - possible convert, seems to be dissuading us from certain conversations (eg, what the cloud picure is about).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I'm struggling a bit here folks. I don't have any majorly strong hunches on who the NK is. I'm reading back for context atm. Might look to see of anyone was pushing the NK as a solo player hard as I thought it was likely that they weren't.

On the convert side of things, the fact that people all gave different names and different reasons tells me finding them on that basis could be a non-starter so will look to see if anyone has changed style since yesterday.

sKeith wrote: »
    Page 8 starts at 15:30, well before getting the prize.
    Note, at the time of page 8, the was only two bad people, so your 3 person FFA includes someone who was not evil at the time.

I'm not going to go into this again for the trillionth time. I don't care if there are no baddies. I'm calling out people who seem dodgy to me. Whether that list is 1 or 7, I'm gonna call it out.

If 3 people are bad and I've a list of seven, if my first three are wrong, then I've still got a list of four to consider...

That's how I play, that's how I do my list :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

And I've just placed a vote for one of those in my FFA, in case there's a query over the time later.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'm going to be home and out again pretty quickly this evening, so putting in my FFA now, though it may not be the best thought out:

Guffy - hasn't answered the Brotherhood/NK question to my liking (I'm not bandwaggoning here, as I see others have started mentioning him now too, but I brought this up just before conversion / kill this morning as something not to forget).

Tritium - a few posts stood out to me as sort of "stating the obvious" by way of appearing helpful and engaging and getting post count up, without actually providing anything.

Beakerjoe - possible convert, seems to be dissuading us from certain conversations (eg, what the cloud picure is about).

Now that you mention trit, I actually had some dodgy vibes too. Though not as much as the others perhaps. Maybe he's interchangeable with dandy for me tbf.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

#FFA1

Guffy: The post about forgetting about the NK and focussing on the brotherhood. Still can't shake it, thought I was the first to call you out on this but looking back Necro was there 1 min before me. With the NK our only target I find it hard to look past this and not put you on an FFA

G&R: saying we should not target Necro/sK cos they are more likely to be a convert seemed really odd to me. They could also be the NK or his right hand man afterall

Dandy: 50/50 on if I should include Dandy but I don't like how he's asking someone else to use their prize if it's a protect on him just so he will reveal his unknown prize. Does not make him the NK but it's not sitting right with me atm. won't be voting here and tbh I hope more do odd things before I do need to vote (in around 2 hours).

Others maybe I could have included

Tusk: Nobody is demanding Tusk do an FFA early and I do find it odd him doing one based on the first several pages and maybe he was not into the game as some expect but if it was genuinely his Bday yesterday (happy Birthday dude) then he gets a pass on that for me for now

Joe: I get people saying he was trying to curtail conversations but despite being the one who asked about it initially I dunno how much more was to be said about the clouds so again pass for me for now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah tusk, FFAing people off the first 7 pages when we're now on page 27 is a bit weird if I'm honest.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I know you hate people answering for others. But ... my impression of Stinky was just that she hadn't seen Fix in a while since he's left us in the other place. I hadn't read more than that in to it.

fwiw i liked skunks post because I had the same reaction to seeing fixxxy again :D

Yeah tusk, FFAing people off the first 7 pages when we're now on page 27 is a bit weird if I'm honest.

so, it's a good idea in your opinion for me not to continue reading the thread but just start playing, but you also don't want me to give an ffa based on what i read....

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I typed her without reading the OP properly. I don't get why you are so worked up about semantics of it.

I have very little knowledge of characters, they are not the most gender obvious of names. (Without meaning to sound too un-PC)

fwiw i liked skunks post because I had the same reaction to seeing fixxxy again :D

Do me a favour and ISO Skunk's posts (There's only 14, so not a big number)

I'm interested in the impression you get from her so far.

Tusk: Nobody is demanding Tusk do an FFA early and I do find it odd him doing one based on the first several pages and maybe he was not into the game as some expect but if it was genuinely his Bday yesterday (happy Birthday dude) then he gets a pass on that for me for now

Yeah nobody's demanding it, but I'm literally sitting in a sea of ffas coming out currently, why would I not give my own... You're all ****ing nuts!

Do me a favour and ISO Skunk's posts (There's only 14, so not a big number)

I'm interested in the impression you get from her so far.

I'll do you this favour, purely because I had a dream last night and in it i was singing a song with the lyrics 'do me a favour'...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah nobody's demanding it, but I'm literally sitting in a sea of ffas coming out currently, why would I not give my own... You're all ****ing nuts!

Those people I assume have read most of the thread not 1/3 before putting in an FFA. Fair play for your honesty about how much you have read and you are clearly now trying to get involved more but unlike say myself (almost midnight here) you still have have hours to get one in and vote.

• Advertisement

so, it's a good idea in your opinion for me not to continue reading the thread but just start playing, but you also don't want me to give an ffa based on what i read....

Well lots of things have happened since the first 7 pages that's all I'm saying.

Is anyone coming up wolfy to you since you started playing for instance?

who posts percentage
    Necro 228 21.88%
    quickbeam 119 11.42%
    sKeith 81 7.77%
    Dublinandy2 70 6.72%
    Bounty Hunter 57 5.47%
    fixxxer 55 5.28%
    Ectoplasm 48 4.61%
    Lord TSC 46 4.41%
    beakerjoe 43 4.13%
    Green&Red 42 4.03%
    tusk 41 3.93%
    Drumpot 40 3.84%
    Guffy 32 3.07%
    Ted_YNWA 28 2.69%
    tritium 24 2.30%
    Choc Chip 20 1.92%
    Clarabel 18 1.73%
    LadySkunk 14 1.34%
    MicksJaguar 14 1.34%
    Ezra Vast Roundworm 12 1.15%
    Stu Redman 10 0.96%

#FFA

The origionals.

#1 LadySkunk Was around, but not posting as freely as she normally does.
    #2 lord_tsc I can't shake the feeling from yesterday, that he is roled. and only role in game is evil roled. I didn't thank either of lord_tscs or quickbeams posts for the reason I suspected them as evil, but quickbeam has convinced me that i was wrong on her, lord_tsc has not.

The convert, for me its a toss up between ectoplasm and choc chip.
    I think best strategy today is lynch suspected origional, not the convert, hense not bothering to narrow it down more, don't use either name as my 3rd if you are adding up FFAs Leave it a 2 person FFA but the data is here who i think the convert is.

Where are you now when we need you, what burns where the flame used to be,
    are you gone like the snows of last winter and will only our rivers run free?

#FFA1

Guffy: The post about forgetting about the NK and focussing on the brotherhood. Still can't shake it, thought I was the first to call you out on this but looking back Necro was there 1 min before me. With the NK our only target I find it hard to look past this and not put you on an FFA

G&R: saying we should not target Necro/sK cos they are more likely to be a convert seemed really odd to me. They could also be the NK or his right hand man afterall

Dandy: 50/50 on if I should include Dandy but I don't like how he's asking someone else to use their prize if it's a protect on him just so he will reveal his unknown prize. Does not make him the NK but it's not sitting right with me atm. won't be voting here and tbh I hope more do odd things before I do need to vote (in around 2 hours).

Others maybe I could have included

Joe: I get people saying he was trying to curtail conversations but despite being the one who asked about it initially I dunno how much more was to be said about the clouds so again pass for me for now

Lol, I'm getting paranoid now round you BH that you're setting me up for the blame game by referencing me so much in your FFA :cool:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I typed her without reading the OP properly. I don't get why you are so worked up about semantics of it.

I have very little knowledge of characters, they are not the most gender obvious of names. (Without meaning to sound too un-PC)
    You don't think Nightking is most likely male?

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Hey everyone :)

I usually get a wolfy vibe off first posts like this. I didn't with this one.
    Okay I’ve just caught up on my lunch.

Holy moly that OP is something to work through alright! :pac:

I would assume that the nightking is not alone. He had the main group of whitewalkers with him in the show before we saw him resurrecting people and that. Maybe one of them will become NK if he gets killed off too early?

I know he gets a convert each day but it would seem like an odd choice to have him alone starting off in case he gets dead straight away.

Doesn't think NK is alone, which we now know was correct. Don't really see anything dodgy here. Maybe she knew, and was trying to get some village cred for having a good gut? I don't think so.

Is the meme comp still running? Just home from work going to post a couple then have a read back :)

Catching up...
    I’m having technical difficulties, damn images!! :(

Tech Issues...
    Hahahahaha. No I’m dying a slow and painful death, I’d rather not move from where I am. That’s after cracking me up though :pac:

Is the only way to link an image if I upload it to a site first and then use the link?

Not sure if skunk is generally much of a gif poster, so this could be legit, I'm assuming she'd expect we'd know if this was disingenuous, so she wouldn't try to use it as an excuse if she was an evil...?

posts 2 memes
    Oh Fixxxy how I’ve missed you :pac:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51aca18410063a81273953bc29beb4c79c677fe8a6d&rid=giphy.gif

The fixxxer 'pocket', which I liked when I seen because I had the same reaction to seeing my bud back...

Hey everyone :)

Reading back over the last few pages I’m a little touched that I scarred some of you from the last game :o

Sorry to see Clara go, sucks being first out!

I’m not the NK or a convert this game, that’s all I’ll say of my allignment.

On the convert this morning, if I was NK I would go for either SK or Necro unless I already was one of them as they’ll both be the highest posters and most tactile.

I don’t know that I’d go for them straight away though as they’d seem the obvious choice? If it was me personally I’d convert someone I’d enjoy being on a team with.

So it could be a really tactical conversion or completely personal preference which does not narrow it down :eek:

I agree, you, SK, QB, Lord would all be great choices for early tactical conversion.

Ehhh what Andy? I find this post really offensive and completely uncalled for regardless of whether you find it a joke it’s not the first time you’ve made a comment along those lines and it’s getting old.

I saw this post before I saw the post it refers to, and I was fairly shocked that something actually garnered this reaction. After reading the original post, I can understand it.
    I would assume the third prize went to NK or his right hand? Could also be a villager not wanting to reveal in case they get converted though. Could be a long game prize like the other one?

So we have seen Dandy come out with a prize and one used on Clara, that's all right? Long game prize could be possible, which would make sense if someone was afraid to be converted. Nothing strange here for me.
    Because nobody claimed the third prize as far as I’m aware? And that’s normally why it’s not claimed because baddie got it or in this case villager who didn’t want to get converted.

Why those people??

Nothing strange.

That’s a very good point actually! So that list of people has a Targaryen and possibly NK/Right Hand or another two house members who don’t want to reveal their house.

Would it not be better to reveal your house and help us narrow down whether the NK was on that list or not? Now I don’t fully understand phase 2 of the game so that could be wrong to think like that but just my view on it.

Could NK and Right Hand win two prizes? That would make Andy a baddie though but not outside the realm of possibility. Claims prize that an event needs to happen for it to be of use which gives more time. Willing to put on back burner for time being to see how the prize pans out.

This dandy concept could fly. I don't think i saw who the top gifs were belonging to, but I agreed that the NK would definitely have tried to win. However, I thought my gifs were fire and nobody really liked them, so just because the NK and rhm wanted to win, doesn't mean they'd get the thanks they'd need.

Nothing strange here for me.
    Just saw Bounty’s post about Andy being under suspicion for revealing, fair enough :o

Yeah nothing strange here either...

I'm not sure if there was something specific you were expecting me to pick up on, or if there's some contextual stuff that I've missed, but isolated, I don't see much in the way of dodgy behaviour tbh.

Those people I assume have read most of the thread not 1/3 before putting in an FFA. Fair play for your honesty about how much you have read and you are clearly now trying to get involved more but unlike say myself (almost midnight here) you still have have hours to get one in and vote.

I still have hours, but I'm not spending my whole day reading up on the same crap in the first 7 pages. I'd kill myself.

Look if you think that's dodgy then fine, same with you SK and Necro. I'd rather get my thoughts out on the thread than keep them to myself, so they're out there now whether you think it's a good idea or not.

Well lots of things have happened since the first 7 pages that's all I'm saying.

Is anyone coming up wolfy to you since you started playing for instance?

No, beacuse you're all just giving out that i did a ****ing ffa ahahahahahah

Where are you now when we need you, what burns where the flame used to be,
    are you gone like the snows of last winter and will only our rivers run free?

U ok hun?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if there was something specific you were expecting me to pick up on, or if there's some contextual stuff that I've missed, but isolated, I don't see much in the way of dodgy behaviour tbh.

So you don't think it's weird she keeps asking questions that if she read the thread the answers are readily available?

Once or twice grand but it's like her only contribution bar the stuff on Dandy which is easy enough to latch onto if you're a wolf trying to find someone to FFA

Advertisement