Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Necro wrote: »
    Ok but then why did you quote this to me on day 1? Have you been converted and Arya is there alongside you..

Why, if you are Arya would you soft claim Danerys?

I didn't soft claim her I just liked the picture for the situation.

quickbeam wrote: »
    All of H2DPB's posts (barring first few which were just court jester and newb questions):

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111024374&postcount=1585
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Red Wedding reference?

2D is heavily hinting at Lady Stoneheart/Catelyn Stark in these posts IMO.

Many references to her heart, also a Red Wedding reference as you pointed out.

There's a quote about "Hell hath no fury like a Lady scorned" (yes, with 'Lady' capitalised, Cat was definitely a lady scorned when she became Lady Stoneheart)

There's this quote...
    2D wrote:
    "Where are you now when we need you, what burns where the flame used to be,
    are you gone like the snows of last winter and will only our rivers run free?"

This could be a lament to her dead husband Ned or her dead son Rob. 'rivers run' offers a hint too, as Catelyn Stark was a proud Tully of Riverrun before she married into the Starks.

There's this quote where 2D actually mentions Cat, capitalised, and again her heart...
    I was a heartbroken Cat yesterday on top of being bamboozled with this game. My heart is aching less today so I shall endeavour to keep responding and talk sense (*Gulp*). The bloody sun being out won't help.
    I'm actually in no doubt that 2D is heavily hinting that they are Lady Stoneheart (zombie Catelyn Stark). Since 2D has asked the thread to find this out, I'm sure it's ok for me to say all this.

However...

1) Why do you want us to out you 2D?

2) Would a book-only character be in this game?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tritium wrote: »
    What do you mean at the moment. Do you have a link similar to brienne claim?

No, which was why I quizzed QB on it. I'm not aligned to any house. What that means for endgame I don't know (or frankly, don't care right now).

I had assumed it was just a GOT related meme and the face Daenerys is making is just a cheeky one to match the cheeky response from Fixxxer.

But re-reading the whole exchange... tis certainly interesting.

Just on this Stu, why are you deliberately ignoring the others who brought people back from the dead - Melisandre and Thoros (though he's dead) namely.

I'm not the Night King, I clearly won the power as Clara's death was revealed on thread prior to me disclosing my prize.

Because Thoros was dead and Melisandre wasn't the person you asked the village to focus on finding.

Why did you think it was suss that I wanted to find all bads and not just the NK? Do you not think that was cheap shade to throw? Which isn't the best villager move beyond Sunday/n0.

• Advertisement

I had assumed it was just a GOT related meme and the face Daenerys is making is just a cheeky one to match the cheeky response from Fixxxer.

But re-reading the whole exchange... tis certainly interesting.

Yeah maybe, but he then quoted me in response as well to make sure I'd see it

Because Thoros was dead and Melisandre wasn't the person you asked the village to focus on finding.

Why did you think it was suss that I wanted to find all bads and not just the NK? Do you not think that was cheap shade to throw? Which isn't the best villager move beyond Sunday/n0.

It's mainly the wanting to get to the politicking phase, given your previous posts it just seemed out of place.

But it's not shade, it would be if I just dropped your name and didn't quote you and backed off but I was expecting a response so not like I was trying to hide it

tusk wrote: »
    Well we definitely have an Arya and A Dany somewhere in here.

So at least one of those claims should be bogusifiable... (yeah it's a real word okay!)

Was I right about what you thought you saw?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Drumpot wrote: »
    So you are claiming Bronn? If there is another Bronn, now is your time to shine and come out!

If NK didn’t convert you it’s because they thought you are a better chess piece on the board as a distraction then on their team. They also prob thought they can hold off until tomorrow or the next with effectively a lynch protect power.

I can’t see how we are going to resolve you Necro. Coming out with that power, whether you were good or not, is leaving us in a sticky situation as a village.

Folks, reveals are basically useless in this stage of the game. No counter claim doesn’t mean you’re not converted. More worryingly no counter claim doesn’t mean the NK isn’t hiding behind a reveal of the identity of one of his minions

2D is heavily hinting at Lady Stoneheart/Catelyn Stark in these posts IMO.

Many references to her heart, also a Red Wedding reference as you pointed out.

There's a quote about "Hell hath no fury like a Lady scorned" (yes, with 'Lady' capitalised, Cat was definitely a lady scorned when she became Lady Stoneheart)

There's this quote...

This could be a lament to her dead husband Ned or her dead son Rob. 'rivers run' offers a hint too, as Catelyn Stark was a proud Tully of Riverrun before she married into the Starks.

There's this quote where 2D actually mentions Cat, capitalised, and again her heart...

I'm actually in no doubt that 2D is heavily hinting that they are Lady Stoneheart (zombie Catelyn Stark). Since 2D has asked the thread to find this out, I'm sure it's ok for me to say all this.

However...

1) Why do you want us to out you 2D?

2) Would a book-only character be in this game?

It's our Season 8 so anything is possible. I'm hoping 2D is Stoneheart as I think the NK wouldn't be able to convert another zombie character. However I'm worried she won't be interested in killing Frey's or Lannisters.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I have reason to believe Necro is truthful in his reveal.

Can you give us more detail?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Folks, reveals are basically useless in this stage of the game. No counter claim doesn’t mean you’re not converted. More worryingly no counter claim doesn’t mean the NK isn’t hiding behind a reveal of the identity of one of his minions

I agree but Necro mentioned about having no house alignment, something only I knew of. So Im more inclined to trust him to be honest.

This is what its like when doves cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

we know there are only 2? converts, so if we reveal, we have a block of villagers to put trust in. we don't trust individuals, but the larger group.

nk can potentially have an identity, but I'm talking specifically about the ones in the OP, which can't be his fake alias.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Was I right about what you thought you saw?

Yep, that's what I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Can you give us more detail?

I have no house allignment, so when he said that I was on board with im more inclined to believe him

we know there are only 2? converts, so if we reveal, we have a block of villagers to put trust in. we don't trust individuals, but the larger group.

nk can potentially have an identity, but I'm talking specifically about the ones in the OP, which can't be his fake alias.

Yes, they can though if he's converted one named in the OP, he can just take their name

Yes, they can though if he's converted one named in the OP, he can just take their name

Yeah you got me there. very good point.

Goddamit

Well, tbf Lord 2D has a point....

OP says:

Tbf, you needed Lordy to point that out, where your initial response when pressed about character-specific prizes was "Not my fault, take it up with mods". :pac:

It's nothing really, just you yourself made a good post earlier in the game imploring people to read and become familiar with the OP.
    It's mainly the wanting to get to the politicking phase, given your previous posts it just seemed out of place.

But it's not shade, it would be if I just dropped your name and didn't quote you and backed off but I was expecting a response so not like I was trying to hide it

It was just the way you pulled my name out of nowhere late at night and when I wasn't around. You kinda did just drop my name but look it don't matter now, as I said in my initial reply, if you are village it's good that you are leaving no stone unturned.

Anyway, feckin sure I want to get to the politicking phase...

1) It will mean the NK threat has been wiped out (although kudos to them for already making the Long Night last longer than in the show :D)

2) I am a member of a great house.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Why have you changed ur mind on Tusk? Out of interest

Hey G&R, I think there was a question tusk had for you earlier about liking a post. Did you ever answer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

But he's only converted 2 so far. If people reveal sooner than tomorrow, he cant hide behind them anymore.

Though he only needs one to hide behind, so maybe that's a moot point.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I have no house allignment, so when he said that I was on board with im more inclined to believe him

I thought this was mentioned in the OP but I see that it's not specifically.

This is making me lean more good on you, though you could have learned it if you were on a team with someone who had this situation and converted.

I hate conversions.

Choc Chip wrote: »
    But he's only converted 2 so far. If people reveal sooner than tomorrow, he cant hide behind them anymore.

Though he only needs one to hide behind, so maybe that's a moot point.

yeah think we were on the same track there choccy, but my brain can't process the intricacies of this, so i'm out of ideas.

yeah think we were on the same track there choccy, but my brain can't process the intricacies of this, so i'm out of ideas.

My brain already hurts.

I'm taking some downtime before I have to work (again). Week from hell so far:(

Oh yes they can. Let’s say NK converted Cersei for example. If NK then claims that role there won’t be a counterclaim

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Oh yes they can. Let’s say NK converted Cersei for example. If NK then claims that role there won’t be a counterclaim

Ha, so NK converts Cersai and comes out as Cersei.... So role reveals don’t actually help unless everybody reveals, but the last few reveals could just guess a character who hasn’t been said....

If bronn was converted to a wight, I wonder if the resurrection power then makes sense.

Would make him convert rather than nk. Or, could be nk with alias. Or telling the truth. Ffs.

Maybe we'll know more after 2pm when prizes come round again.

Bleh, I still don't know why i play these games. Why do i hate myself

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Maybe we'll know more after 2pm when prizes come round again.

a prize would be nice

fixxxer wrote: »
    It's our Season 8 so anything is possible. I'm hoping 2D is Stoneheart as I think the NK wouldn't be able to convert another zombie character. However I'm worried she won't be interested in killing Frey's or Lannisters.

True about anything being possible. It's a funny one, if 2D wanted to reveal, why send the village on a treasure hunt instead of just coming out with it? Although...is this 2D's first game? If so, well then I remember some of the stuff I was posting in my first game in relation to my character :o

When we last see Lady Stoneheart in the books, she is on the fence with her morals, she is just vengeance personified and takes no prisoners. She could be good or bad in Werewolf. However, if she was an evil character, why would 2D come out as her? Also, if LS was a wolf alias, why would 2D come out as her?

Look, LS could one of those mistakes in the show that the mods of this game are looking to fix here. I'm just surprised myself to see a book-only character appear in a game which does take a lot from the show for its OP and premise. As I think Necro said earlier in the game and I'd agree with for now, it appears that we have been inserted into a certain point in the show's timeline.

I'm not ruling LS out, just eager to hear more about this from 2D.
    Hey G&R, I think there was a question tusk had for you earlier about liking a post. Did you ever answer?

I've no link, but I did see an answer to tusk's question. It was a humourous meta thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Bleh, I still don't know why i play these games. Why do i hate myself

tenor.gif?itemid=12809076

Advertisement