Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

tusk wrote: »
    a prize would be nice

I would like to win a direwolf

This would be (a) cool and (b) prove necro right about prizes not always being relevant to characters.

Make it happen mods!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Guys I'm heading out for a while. Will try pop in for 1300 but can't guarantee.

For what it's worth I'm leaning to Necro not being converted due to pushing at me with the Dany soft claim after 10am. I hadn't even thought about it that way when I posted it but now I get what he was saying before about someone claiming a Targaryian. It's consistent if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

tritium wrote: »
    Hey G&R, I think there was a question tusk had for you earlier about liking a post. Did you ever answer?

I did, on a phone so can’t link it. It’s a nothing answer to a fairly paranoid question, you can go back and search for it but it’s 30 seconds you’ll never get back

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

fixxxer wrote: »
    Guys I'm heading out for a while. Will try pop in for 1300 but can't guarantee.

For what it's worth I'm leaning to Necro not being converted due to pushing at me with the Dany soft claim after 10am. I hadn't even thought about it that way when I posted it but now I get what he was saying before about someone claiming a Targaryian. It's consistent if nothing else.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Choc Chip wrote: »
    If bronn was converted to a wight, I wonder if the resurrection power then makes sense.

Would make him convert rather than nk. Or, could be nk with alias. Or telling the truth. Ffs.

Maybe we'll know more after 2pm when prizes come round again.

If bronn was a convert, then necro could be NK using their identity.

• Advertisement

Heh, the proper Bronn gifs I want to use are rather insulting so I'll refrain I think :)

I won't be on for 1 folks, I'll try and stop en route to work but I'm driving again from 12.30

That being said my panicked entry yesterday worked (even if the prize is a bit bleh), so maybe I'll try the same tactic today.

What do people want me to do with my power? I'm still village, so open to suggestions

Necro wrote: »
    Heh, the proper Bronn gifs I want to use are rather insulting so I'll refrain I think :)

I won't be on for 1 folks, I'll try and stop en route to work but I'm driving again from 12.30

That being said my panicked entry yesterday worked (even if the prize is a bit bleh), so maybe I'll try the same tactic today.

What do people want me to do with my power? I'm still village, so open to suggestions

Nothings changed. or has it. If we want somebody resurrected that is a valid choice, we'll let you know.

Until then. no need to keep bringing it up.

sKeith wrote: »

Why oh why would I claim an unverifiable character not in the OP, one whose power doesn't even match up?

Nothings changed. or has it. If we want somebody resurrected that is a valid choice, we'll let you know.

Until then. no need to keep bringing it up.

You know what, I'll just do as I see fit with it then if this is the response I'm going to get

Why oh why would I claim an unverifiable character not in the OP, one whose power doesn't even match up?

Because it won't be counter claimed as is a major character in the franchise.

• Advertisement

Yep. I said nk with alias in second paragraph but could be nk using bronn's name too. So his reveal doesn't help us unless prizes are character-specific.

Btw, I don't suppose anyone wants to claim the dragon kill day 1?

Because it won't be counter claimed as is a major character in the franchise.

What difference does that make?

If I'm the NK and I convert say Danerys I can freely claim her without being counterclaimed

You know what, I'll just do as I see fit with it then if this is the response I'm going to get

Exactly, rule 10 and all that means that you will anyhow!

you keeping bringing it up is manipulation.

What difference does that make?

If I'm the NK and I convert say Danerys I can freely claim her without being counterclaimed

You are just repeating what i said.

You are just repeating what i said.

No, you're repeating what I said, I've said it all morning

Where the hell is everyone anyways. Half the people aren't playing.

My vote is on Mick currently, he's way too quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I would think with disposable wights in play, lowish posters would be a good place to look. I'd really like to hear from 2D.

No, you're repeating what I said, I've said it all morning

I may have skip a couple of hours...

but i have just reviewd day one up until here..
    So you have a house...

Interesting.

giphy.gif

I was looking for who who asking what house qb was attached to, thinking it was evidence that you didn't know of no house affiliation, then i found this which with the reveal, makes more sense now.

me u qb bh and possibily guffy i have grouped in similar grouping now.

It's not just his quietness, it's that coupled with his insistance that he had a lock for the NK. I'd love to hear more from him about his thinking on that and why. Unless I'm misremembering, it seemed to come after sKeith ISOed the bottom posters in the thread.

I'm just working on Mick's ISO right now Stu, should have it done in the next 5 mins or so

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I agree but Necro mentioned about having no house alignment, something only I knew of. So Im more inclined to trust him to be honest.

This is what its like when doves cry.

Please explain how only you knew off?
    Did you some same trust for QB? or BH? or Guffy?

These new of what you are speaking of too..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

tritium wrote: »
    Oh yes they can. Let’s say NK converted Cersei for example. If NK then claims that role there won’t be a counterclaim

But what happens when the real Cercei gets killed and Auto-Priest reveals it? It's a risky move to claim a character you're not with Auto-Priest in play. Not saying it's not possible though. Just risky.

I may have skip a couple of hours...

but i have just reviewd day one up until here..

I was looking for who who asking what house qb was attached to, thinking it was evidence that you didn't know of no house affiliation, then i found this which with the reveal, makes more sense now.

me u qb bh and possibily guffy i have grouped in similar grouping now.

Guffy? Has he made a claim? Or do you mean Beakerjoe (Gendry)? Or is it me that's confused?

I'm just working on Mick's ISO right now Stu, should have it done in the next 5 mins or so

What are you? My secretary or something? :D;)

For anyone else reading, this is an in-joke between me and Necro from outside the game and not an accusation of pocketing or anything game-related.

quickbeam wrote: »
    But what happens when the real Cercei gets killed and Auto-Priest reveals it? It's a risky move to claim a character you're not with Auto-Priest in play. Not saying it's not possible though. Just risky.

Guffy? Has he made a claim? Or do you mean Beakerjoe (Gendry)? Or is it me that's confused?

guffy , like me, took your claim seriously, because your claim made sense, when comparing it to our own character descriptions. I'll go find it.

Mick's first few posts are all fluff about how much everyone is posting.

Post #608

"Sk is my lock Nightking, we are searching for a 1 in a 21 shot and he is pulling isos from day 0, from loads of people.

Its a very skatter gun approach, on random ****e talk

Very much seems like he is throwing around accusations to see what sticks and what doesn't. He will convert from this info he gets.

Boooooooooooooom"

Fair enough, some attempt at analysis

Post #609 - fluff

Post #610:

"Another note the lack of people claiming prizes, makes me feel the winners are are putting houses before the vilage"

fair point - I do think people are considering their houses too much

"So house Tarygryen kill Clarabel to take out a rival or Sk hunting?

With the conversion happening at munch time, that means the NK is more likely a blob type role who needs to convert all the village to win."

mechanics

"OK so a blob type character who just needs to reach 11 to win (currently)

This could be a really long game with such a low kill rate"

mechanics

"I'm just talking the game mechanics of the NK, its a different main evil to normal so I thought it was worth pointing out.

Normal strategy is to kill Evils but in a conversion only evil you need to kill the source as quick as possible"

mechanics

"Ya exactly I was the converting baddie in that game but only got a conversion every 2nd day and there was still a main evil team though"

mechanics

"O **** ya forgot about that, if that was the case killing at source wouldn't matter then. then again zombies are different to the NK"

mechanics

"FFA 1

Skeith: (NK) I think his day 0 iso where a data gathering experiment to see which iso would be likely to gain heat and he would convert the safer ones.

His isos where on LadyS, Trit, Tusk, Stu, H2pb, so I feel one of these could be the convert, Tusk is standing out as playing different to yesterday of these but he did say it was his birthday."

Still on SK for overnight stuff and it was 6.41pm. Nothing on anyone else, nothing about day's events... I don't like it. :(

"This game is a little odd there is nothing much to discuss at times we are trying to find the NK to stop the conversions and thats it.

Some people seem to be holding back on stuff like Ted earlier to help the house alignment, which doesn't help.

My suspected converts are tied into my NK suspect which is sk, although I did note that I thought Tusk, QB and Ecto were different today.

Tusk was the only one on my list that Sk isoed on Day 0, maybe them isos where a double bluff though I'm not sure.

I did feel that Sk and guffys interaction last night seemed a little forced so that'd be my pick for his buddy.

But i'm basing this all on SK being the NK"

This is the only post which discusses players other than SK

"This is a little weird dude what else would you do give up?"

responding to necro's post about continuing to play if ignored - last post and a little half-shade thrown at Necro

I don't know - there's so little here to go on and he's not really throwing shade at anyone, or pushing anyone or voicing any suspicions. I think the NK might post a bit more and try and blend in, but there's so little here that I wonder is it a deliberate attempt to fly under the radar.

Right so I decided to run over Mick's posts given I have a little bit of time and there's only 17 of them.

Hi everybody
    Bit under the weather, slightly self inflicted

Afternoon, I'm afraid not CC

Opening posts, not much in them tbh.
    I'm much better now, is there a walking slowly up a mountain GOT gif I think that'd be more apt

Response to a gif, nothing so far Mick is gone then till a late night flurry
    Sk is my lock Nightking, we are searching for a 1 in a 21 shot and he is pulling isos from day 0, from loads of people.

Its a very skatter gun approach, on random ****e talk

Very much seems like he is throwing around accusations to see what sticks and what doesn't. He will convert from this info he gets.

Boooooooooooooom

Jumps all over sKeith for the day 0 ISOs, lock for Night King, ok it's a read at least.
    I drink and I know things gif :cool:

I presume this is related to the previous post.
    Another note the lack of people claiming prizes, makes me feel the winners are are putting houses before the vilage

Agree with this sentiment, but could be fishing for who to convert possibly.

He's gone then again till yesterday afternoon when he pops back in
    So house Tarygryen kill Clarabel to take out a rival or Sk hunting?

With the conversion happening at munch time, that means the NK is more likely a blob type role who needs to convert all the village to win.

This has already been addressed, it's mechanics talk. No other reads yet.
    OK so a blob type character who just needs to reach 11 to win (currently)

This could be a really long game with such a low kill rate

Same again, this was before the mod clarification so I don't mind that so much.
    ya, she was killed by a dragon and was a brother with no arms
    no banners, jesus

Clara talk, meh.
    I'm just talking the game mechanics of the NK, its a different main evil to normal so I thought it was worth pointing out.

Normal strategy is to kill Evils but in a conversion only evil you need to kill the source as quick as possible

More mechanics, talking to sKeith here I think
    Ya exactly I was the converting baddie in that game but only got a conversion every 2nd day and there was still a main evil team though

And again, very focused on the mechanics, not so much in finding the NK
    O **** ya forgot about that, if that was the case killing at source wouldn't matter then. then again zombies are different to the NK

Responds to me regarding the WD VS NK conversion mechanic.

FFA 1

Skeith: (NK) I think his day 0 iso where a data gathering experiment to see which iso would be likely to gain heat and he would convert the safer ones.

His isos where on LadyS, Trit, Tusk, Stu, H2pb, so I feel one of these could be the convert, Tusk is standing out as playing different to yesterday of these but he did say it was his birthday.

His FFA which has one name on it. Consistent at least I s'pose. He FFAed at about 6.30 or so and then votes about an hour later.

Mick is then gone until really really late. Which is weird as I'd like to think village Mick would be pushing his lock Night King sKeith harder in the lynch.

This is a little weird dude what else would you do give up?

Final post so far.

Like.... there's nothing but pushing sKeith. He's doing enough to stay under the radar by just focusing on one person, but there's nothing else.

No wild theories like usual village Mick, it's a blank canvas.

And it's consistently blank since day 0 which makes me think Mick might be the Night King.

quickbeam wrote: »

I'm getting a bit confused myself, but I think so far we have claims for...

Brienne (you)
    Gendry (Beaker)
    Bronn (Necro)
    Lady Stoneheart (2D)

...and there's something about a claim for Dany because of an image posted. That's where 'I'm a bit confused' takes over.

This game is a little odd there is nothing much to discuss at times we are trying to find the NK to stop the conversions and thats it.

Some people seem to be holding back on stuff like Ted earlier to help the house alignment, which doesn't help.

My suspected converts are tied into my NK suspect which is sk, although I did note that I thought Tusk, QB and Ecto were different today.

Tusk was the only one on my list that Sk isoed on Day 0, maybe them isos where a double bluff though I'm not sure.

I did feel that Sk and guffys interaction last night seemed a little forced so that'd be my pick for his buddy.

But i'm basing this all on SK being the NK

Ah bollocks how did I miss this one, thanks for stupid checking me Choccy

I mean he discusses others but his entire focus is on a single player. Maybe it's NK hunting but he's not even considering anyone else might be the NK...

I'm getting a bit confused myself, but I think so far we have claims for...

Brienne (you)
    Gendry (Beaker)
    Bronn (Necro)
    Lady Stoneheart (2D)

...and there's something about a claim for Dany because of an image posted. That's where 'I'm a bit confused' takes over.

Fixxxer made a claim but Necro thought he had previously soft-claimed Dany.

• Advertisement

Anyways, feel free to discuss, I'm out till about 1.30pm or so

Advertisement