Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

So anyway...

MJ has to go at this stage, right?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yep. No two ways about it.

If we get an extra kill point whack trit too imo.

Looking at the votes I'm back on Skunk, Guffy and trit as the 3 wights with MJ as the NK

sKeith wrote: »
    day1
    tritium 8/19/2019 19:47:49
    Ladyskunk 8/19/2019 17:30:02
    Guffy 8/19/2019 19:05:14

day2
    tritium 8/20/2019 20:52:10
    Ladyskunk 8/20/2019 20:55:38
    Guffy 8/20/2019 20:58:27

Some jump to GnR late on. :cool: Almost as if it was co-ordinated....

Necro wrote: »
    Yep. No two ways about it.

If we get an extra kill point whack trit too imo.

Looking at the votes I'm back on Skunk, Guffy and trit as the 3 wights with MJ as the NK

Ah that's what KP means.

I'll have to read back on what I missed tonight and have a look at the votes too. Some of those names like Guffy just aren't really on my radar yet.

Speaking of which, something I was on earlier today...

Are we happy with 2D and their claim to be Lady Stoneheart, a character that never appeared in the show?

Ah that's what KP means.

I'll have to read back on what I missed tonight and have a look at the votes too. Some of those names like Guffy just aren't really on my radar yet.

Are we happy with 2D and their claim to be Lady Stoneheart, a character that never appeared in the show?

Who had the kills this evening

2D - GnR
    Ecto - Drummer
    Choccy - me:mad:
    Night King/wights - Choccy

I'm relatively happy at the moment I think. QB seems to keep indicating that her existence in the game is likely so I'm gonna try and trust her on that one for now anywho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ah that's what KP means.

they been saying cat... and softing cat... and qb is linked to a cat,, so, yeah, i'd say thats a thing.

kat stark. i'd say they are okay.

2d said they were going for gnr. they went for gnr.

i'd have more trust there than mj and trit.

The anomaly for me is beaker, he's voting off wagon both days.

Early, unchanged vote yesterday and a 7pmish vote on 2D today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I think the plan was to try and paint QB as the one trying to sew chaos this evening but as I read back further that's not what she's doing, it's also why I'm starting to get converted vibes off Ecto as she was clearly looking for help and not too many were forthcoming.
    tbh, there were 5 1's today that i have to say, get there act together!

Beakerjoe1| Drumpot
    Guffy1 |Bounty Hunter
    Tritium1| Ezra Vast Roundworm
    sKeith1 |Micksjaguar
    Ezra Vast Roundworm1 | Beakerjoe
    we are supposed to be fightinging a huge force and they are playing the solo hero game.

all here are suspocious.

bounty has excuse by tz.
    drum has excuse caz he dead good.
    but the others need to cop on or they are evil.

It's just that, as someone who read the books, hold on...

3f6qist.gif

...there's a big difference between Catelyn Stark and Lady Stoneheart. It's LS who 2D has been mostly hinting at. Maybe I missed it tonight, but did they say they were actually Catelyn Stark?

I'm just trying to cover all bases. I mean, if I'm willing to laugh MJ out of it for claiming Bran Stark and see it as another sign that MJ is bad, I have to raise this point about 2D and Catelyn/Stoneheart.

Even if it's Cat the show character who 2D is claiming, well is it not strange that a character who was killed in Season 3 is appearing in a game which features no other characters who died early in the show? If Cat is in, why not Rob, Ned, Joffrey, even someone legendary like Oberyn Martell?

Not going to tunnel on this Lady Stoneheart thing, but it's not sitting as easily with me as all the other claims.

It's just that, as someone who read the books, hold on...

3f6qist.gif

...there's a big difference between Catelyn Stark and Lady Stoneheart. It's LS who 2D has been mostly hinting at. Maybe I missed it tonight, but did they say they were actually Catelyn Stark?

I'm just trying to cover all bases. I mean, if I'm willing to laugh MJ out of it for claiming Bran Stark and see it as another sign that MJ is bad, I have to raise this point about 2D and Catelyn/Stoneheart.

Even if it's Cat the show character who 2D is claiming, well is it not strange that a character who was killed in Season 3 is appearing in a game which features no other characters who died early in the show? If Cat is in, why not Rob, Ned, Joffrey, even someone legendary like Oberyn Martell?

Not going to tunnel on this Lady Stoneheart thing, but it's not sitting as easily with me as all the other claims.

I cant disagree with you tbh. It's not sitting right at all.

But let's be fair to 2D here, they openly telegraphed they had a kill and told us who they were killing, which is a good sign imo.

Does a newbie wolf soft an out there role then tell us about the kill they won when they could float under the radar for most of the game by just posting normally and asking questions?

• Advertisement

I cant disagree with you tbh. It's not sitting right at all.

But let's be fair to 2D here, they openly telegraphed they had a kill and told us who they were killing, which is a good sign imo.

Does a newbie wolf soft an out there role then tell us about the kill they won when they could float under the radar for most of the game by just posting normally and asking questions?[/QUOTE]

No they don't IMO. And tbf I did offer the concession that 2D was a new player when I was talking about LS yesterday.

It's a strange choice though for a game character compared to the others, one I do like though. We'll just have to take it as truth and move on elsewhere for now.

:eek: I fúcked up quotes, that's never happen before I believe. Could be time for me to get sleep soon.

The anomaly for me is beaker, he's voting off wagon both days.

Early, unchanged vote yesterday and a 7pmish vote on 2D today.
    sKeith wrote: »
    tbh, there were 5 1's today that i have to say, get there act together!

Beakerjoe1| Drumpot
    Guffy1 |Bounty Hunter
    Tritium1| Ezra Vast Roundworm
    sKeith1 |Micksjaguar
    Ezra Vast Roundworm1 | Beakerjoewe are supposed to be fightinging a huge force and they are playing the solo hero game.

all here are suspocious.

bounty has excuse by tz.
    drum has excuse caz he dead good.
    but the others need to cop on or they are evil.

Beaker was on my radar for that early vote on Day 1, and now that vote for Day 2 is such a non-village vote.

Earlier in the game I did momentarily suspect tusk and Beaker to be on a team because of this post from Beaker...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111020083&postcount=1201

Now, I since believe tusk is my good sister Sansa, but Beaker being Gendry? Could be a wolf alias.

Looking back at posts I missed around 5-6pm yesterday...

Beaker was immediately suspicious of sKeith's Qyburn claim, and when asked why said that "Im just surprised a lesser character is included over others." Suspicion of a non-OP character claim is fine, but...

I'd actually have Gendry (Beaker's claim) as a 'lesser character' in the show than Qyburn, or at least both of them on a par as secondary characters. Gendry basically disappeared for years then was brought back for some of the worst scenes in the final seasons. Qyburn was always quality, and someone I'd find it hard to leave out of a GoT game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

No. I dont care about the converts.

We lynch Mick

Interesting night. Almost as good as Eastenders.

I agree with Mick and Trit being evil. But pleeeease don’t forget the other liar in the non OP claimants. If they were just a convert they’d use the character they were given. They could still be the NK with Mick then the RH (or vice versa). Trit then would be the first convert.

tritium wrote: »
    and this is reminding me of every game I've seen you as a wolf - gentle consensus, nice and helpful, nudge people along to bad conclusions that get the village nowehere.

Necro, I sort of trust you in this game right now. Can you Iso QBthis evening and tell me if Im overreacting on this
    This happens less than 20 bloody mins before the lynch when the conversation was starting to shift towards the pack of unclaimed.

Villager trit doesn't do this around lynch time. Villager trit has this conversation a few hours before, or even just waits until post lynch.

And the stuff he leaves out, this breadcrumbing... good God.

QB straight in and I completely agree with her.

Like this is all just breadcrumbing, what's the end game here trit? How is this helping us solve who to lynch?

I was skimming at this point in real time cos I had a litany of calls on the board at work (70 calls waiting, I'm exhausted this evening)

I saw this part and misinterpreted it as QB accusing me of lying. I see I was wrong here.

There's nothing here, this is just misdirection. trit REALLY doesn't want us lynching into the unclaimed pile for some reason.

And then....

So now trit is outed as Jaime, after refusing to give any info in the run up to the lynch.

And outed by a character....

Not in the OP
    Conveniently not claimed
    And has a power to peek someone, more power than any of the other named characters have starting off
    And he conveniently peeked one of the only two other players in the game who had not revealed.

Okkkkkk then....

The irony of Trit asking you to read back on that interaction for him and you coming down against him!

Thanks for your trust. You won’t regret it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Still only around 2.30ams post but wanted to post this before my break from work is over. Finish a bit earlier today so can hopefully be a bit more involved than yesterday but these are my notes from what I missed

Surprised Drumpot was targeted but gotta day I agree with QB, even though she (could have been converted so...?)got stick at the time, the organization was terrible. Nobody was discussing who from the list was the most dodgy and instead just repeating the different lists again and again. Meant those using prizes (which I guess included a baddie due to the ice dragon) went with their guts mid confusion of GnRs very late part reveal etc.

Necro saving himself makes obvious sense and at least that prize is no longer hanging over every non munch decision anymore.

GnR was the mountain and targeted twice
    Necro survived so his Bronn claim is strengthened
    Drum pot was telling the truth and killed by a dragon attack which supports Ectos claim as my queen
    Guessing nobody claimed having targeted Choc Chip since that was clearly the bad kill

—-

Necro theory about the GnR voters who were not targeted being bad and for wagonomics sake it’s a good thing he could save himself. I fear he could be the next targeted now if not converted for this reason.

He clearly thinks Skunk is one of those but he has thought skunk all game so I hope he doesn’t tunnel on that too much before we potentially lose him to conversion but fair play to him recognizing this and saying we might have to ignore him after 10

The same could easily be said of myself given my offline times but I keep forgetting fixxxer is playing. Night all not a convert he signed off with last night... so what about NK or his RHM?

Don’t have much at all on Mick either but some seem very strong on him

Not sure why Stu refuses to reveal his character when there are only a few places left for a NK to hide, hoping a NK tries to claim his character maybe but the longer that doesn’t happen and he hides it the more people will suspect him.

The more I think about it I don’t think QB was converted, would you convert the person who played as only the district attorney when given the role of two face in Batman cos she didn’t want to be bad?

And now I see Mick’s reveal, don’t know if I believe it but I would think Bran would be in the game and it does at least explain why he didn’t want to speak up on his role. Him having a power is a bit odd but is it like how the mountain could survive 1kill.. or was that a power won as a prize

Think he needs to explain if he won a prize, we’re any unclaimed. Nope it was a n0 peel apparently, I’m lost ha

Great guess, Trit was converted or he is bran?

Umm Stu Eva’s dead, unless I missed another defiance of death I think she is anyway yep others confirm ha

———-

• Advertisement

So Necro thinks Trit is the night king and Mick (converted Jamie)& Skunk are lock on his team. Noted in case he changes his tune after a conversion. Later he swapped mick to NK and added Guffy to complete the team

This makes sense based off how sK highlighted the votes both days

Think I was to first to say lady stone heart seemed an odd inclusion but based off what I’m read that team makes more sense than lumping 2D in there even though I ffad him before

And Jon Snow is revealed, logically with who was left it had to be

Gonna play devil's advocate here, because I don't know if you can trust me after 10am.

H2D's claim worries me. She only starting hinting about it, after I'd already mentioned I was linked to Catelyn,

Monday, 8:54, so pre any conversions:
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Not the Starts. But Catelyn.

Monday, 10:47, was this in reference to my post mentioning her character?
    Just catching up on the last ten pages. One in particular stood out as really key.

Then, Monday, 12:28, the first reference to Cat:
    I was a heartbroken Cat yesterday on top of being bamboozled with this game. My heart is aching less today so I shall endeavour to keep responding and talk sense (*Gulp*). The bloody sun being out won't help.

Without wanting to get in to too much specifics of my PM, it mentions my oath to Catelyn, so I'd assumed I was linked to her (and her being a character in the game). It is ambiguous enough to read that she's not actually in the game though. It's only something that I'm seeing now as I re-read with this in mind. It had seemed clear that she was in the game on first reading.

It also could solve the anomaly of me being the only non-OP character linked to another non-OP character.

I mean, H2D might even be completely truthful, but Cat is the RH? Canon-wise that doesn't make much sense from my memory of reading the books though.

Is there anything to be said for another table? :D Gonna post this here more for my own benefit so I have it to hand while at work and away from my spreadsheet:

HL Green&Red The Mountain Dead, lynched and killed by H2D
    HL Guffy Hard claimed Cersei Alive
    HL Tritium hard claimed Jamie Lannister Alive
    HS Fixxxer hard claimed Arya Stark Alive
    HS Stu Redman hard claimed Jon Snow Alive
    HS Tusk hard claimed Sansa Stark Alive
    HT Ectoplasm hard claimed Daenerys Targaryan, won prize Day 1 & Day 3 Alive
    HT Lord TSC Hard claimed Jorah Alive
    HT Ted_YNWA Tyrion Lannister Dead, lynched
    TB Choc Chip Sandor Clegane, The Hound, won prize Day 3 Dead, killed by NK
    TB Clarabel Thoros of Myr Dead, killed by House Targaryen (Ecto)
    TB LadySkunk Hard claimed Beric Dondarrion Alive
    Beakerjoe hard claimed Gendry (linked to no house) Alive
    Bounty Hunter hard claimed Greyworm Alive
    Dublinandy2 / Eva WW Varys, won prize Day 1 Dead, killed by NK
    Drumpot Melisandre Dead, killed by House Targaryen (Ecto)
    Ezra Vast Roundworm Soft claimed Catelyn, won prize Day 3 Alive
    Micksjaguar Hard claimed Bran Stark Alive
    Necro hard claimed Bronn, won prize Day 2 Alive
    quickbeam Brienne of Tarth, won prize Day 2 (linked to Caitlyn) Alive
    sKeith hard claimed Qyburn (linked to Cersei) Alive

Damn I spelt Jaime wrong, which most people won't mind...but since QB has been driving me a bit mental with 'Cercei' for a few days now I better be correct :D

Sorry Stu :pac:

I also was spelling Catelyn as Caitlyn but noticed that and fixed it.

Will endeavour to do better.

First contest. Mods absolutely clear here, 3 prizes:
    It is decreed that there shall be a Kingdom wide tourney
    funds for prizes have been approved by the iron bank

to part-take players should post GoT themed memes on thread and the 3 with the most thanks will win prizes. Max 1 prize per player. Thanks will be counted 8 hours from the competition being announced (i.e. 9pm on Sunday).
    players may submit a maximum of two entries please tag your entries with #courtjester to validate them

Second contest. Mods vague, but mention of multiple winners means at least 2 prizes:
    duffman13 wrote: »
    Welcome to todays Jousting competition. Some of the best knights in all of Westeros are competing for some prizes. Some compete openly under a banner while others compete as mystery knights. To partake in the competition is simple, pop along here and fill in the details requested with your username.

One entry per person

https://forms.gle/xfvpUTQL9np69gQT9

Winners will be PMd

Third contest. Again, vague on the number but "more than usual" would seem to indicate that 3 was the usual in the first two contests. So a minimum of 4:
    duffman13 wrote: »
    Welcome to today's duelling contest. Duelling will kick off immediately and end at 2pm. Winner(s) will be notified by Raven by 3pm (Ravens aren't as quick as you all seem to think)

In honour of it being duelling day in Westeros, we may have more prizes than usual to hand out.

https://forms.gle/jF4iYNJAJBdRgAoW8

With that in mind:
    Day 1:
    Dandy won the prize of knowing if somebody from a list was converted
    Ecto won a kill used on Clara
    Ted claimed a prize also

Day 2:
    Necro won a save, now verified
    I won a prize, not verified
    NK faction won a kill used on Dandy/Eva
    Tritium claims he won a prize (!) :rolleyes:

Day 3:
    Ecto won a kill used on Drumpot
    Choccy won a kill used on Necro
    H2D won a kill used on GnR
    NK faction won a kill used on Choccy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Catching up on the night ravens.

Basically our best bet is that no matter what we have to vote for MJ tonight.

Voting outside that would be considered Team Nightking.

Fair?

Just reading back over pre-lynch and this probably got lost in the excitement:
    Guffy wrote: »
    Did bj ever confirm his link? Why could he verify necros claim earlier, was he claiming to be linked to necro?
    Guffy wrote: »
    But how could he have info that necro was who he said he was?

Then Guffy quoted BJ's original claim.
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    I have reason to believe Necro is truthful in his reveal.

I'd like BJ's answer on this too.

BJ = Gendry and Necro = Bronn. Where's the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Wow busy night.

Lots to catch up on.

Crazy thought..... What if necro and SK were baddies...

The game is basically lost if that's the case.

Just a thought seeing the conversation from over night. Two very prominent posters on the same track posting overnight when there's not many people to chime in. That would be a tough break.

Last post before heading off to work.

If we assume Mick as either NK or RH, and Trit as an early convert (I believe he's Jaime, fwiw, just a converted Jaime), then my thoughts for the other two on the faction:

One from the non-OP claimants: H2D as either NK or RH (whichever one Mick isn't)

The second convert as somebody from the OP claimants:

I don't think it's Tusk (he kept my prize secret, doesn't prove anything categorically but it's a good lean for me)

I don't think it's Skunk (I think she's being genuinely clueless)

I don't think it's Stu (he feels villagery)

I don't think it's Guffy (he feels villagery)

I'm kinda neutral about Lordy and Fixxxer, it could be one of them.

Or it could be Ecto who, deliberately or not, was confusing the fvck out of me yesterday when I was looking for clarity, and who has admittedly shot two villagers (if we assume she is the second convert, then the first was shot as a genuine friendly fire as she'd have been good then).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

tusk wrote: »
    Wow busy night.

Lots to catch up on.

Crazy thought..... What if necro and SK were baddies...

The game is basically lost if that's the case.

Just a thought seeing the conversation from over night. Two very prominent posters on the same track posting overnight when there's not many people to chime in. That would be a tough break.

By the way. I'm not saying I think this is the case. Just something that popped into my head.

Advertisement