Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travelling to Vietnam with Prescription Medication

• 18-08-2019 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Hi boardies,

Search online with limited results.. so hoping someone can help out.

My partner and I are travelling to Vietnam in a few months, she has a few health complaints and will need her medication for a total of 23 days, some of her issues are depression and Chronic pain. She will need 2 liters of liquid medication (looks like DAA under EU law has no restriction on medication carry on) should be fine here. Its the arriving into Vietnam we are concered about.

We have been referred an Decree artical 54/2017NC. Under acrticel 75 section 3 it states we must have an application form for none commercial import of medication. From all the research I found I think all we need is the medication sealed, prescription from Doctors explaining its use and a form 27 (which we found online and use google translate). Just enough for our 23 day trip. However I can't find out how we apply for it?

It is simply have all the documents for when we arrive and declare to customs?

If anyone else had any experience with this feel free to offer your advice.

Thanks
    Sonyvision.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

The Irish consulate in Hanoi should be open tomorrow.. They should be able to help. Google their details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

Don't forget you will also need to transit (at least once) to get to Vietnam from Ireland.

So you should check the regulations in your transit destinations too

e.g. Some of the middle Eastern countries have a much longer controlled substances list than most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sonyvision

geecee wrote: »
    Don't forget you will also need to transit (at least once) to get to Vietnam from Ireland.

So you should check the regulations in your transit destinations too

e.g. Some of the middle Eastern countries have a much longer controlled substances list than most

Looked into this, and seems to be fine as they allow one month of medication (on another note, would we be required to pass through customs if our stop over is only 3 hours??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sonyvision

auspicious wrote: »
    The Irish consulate in Hanoi should be open tomorrow.. They should be able to help. Google their details.

Think we emailed them with no joy just a simple copy and paste response. I might try give them a call with some specific questions.

Advertisement