Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typical heating costs for an apartment?

Options
  • 18-08-2019 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭

I am currently looking at buying a property with a BER rating of B3. I'm trying to figure out the estimated annual energy usage for gas heating, just to estimate how much it will cost me in the long run.

I see that the BER cert says that for B3 the energy usage is >125kWh/m2/yr. Would I be correct in saying that if I multiply the area of the apartment by this figure, and then the energy costs per kWh, that this would be an accurate estimate?

I'm not really sure what the assumptions are for BER ratings. Heating only during certain months of the year? How much hot water usage are they assuming?

Is this the only way of estimating costs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

I currently live in a ground floor C rated apartment. Average cost of energy bills for us throughout the year is €35 a month for gas and €60 for electricity. We use gas to cook and heat the water. So just over a thousand a year. That's for 2 adults and 1 child.

And BER ratings are largely useless and completely unregulated. Particularly on 2nd had homes

Advertisement