Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon - Account Suspended

Options
  • 18-08-2019 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,

I ordered a phone from Amazon.de yesterday evening and just checked my emails now and the order has been reset. My account has been suspended and it says I need to upload a copy of my latest bank statement to unlock my account and make the order again.

Has anybody had to do this before, do you know what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Sounds like a scam. Don't upload anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Contact Amazon if unsure through their correct site if ever unsure.

Scam most definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Manutd623

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Sounds like a scam. Don't upload anything.

Thanks for reply, I logged back into my amazon account now and it is coming up as being locked and I cant go back to the home page until I add a statement. I logged into amazon.de.

Contact Amazon if unsure through their correct site if ever unsure.

Scam most definitely.

Thanks, I'll contact them an see what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

Assuming this is a purchase from a third party seller, I'd be flagging and reporting immediately.

• Advertisement

markfinn wrote: »
    Assuming this is a purchase from a third party seller, I'd be flagging and reporting immediately.

Hi, ya it was purchased from a third party seller but fulfilled by amazon.

I have the same problem when I log into amazon.co.uk

I contacted amazon and waiting on a reply. Thanks for the replies.

Hi, is the amazon contact number 1-888-280-4331, I've tried it a few times but I can't get through to this number? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

They should have a live chat option available too. May be quicker.

Here is the link, they also offer a call back service.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/contact-us/csp?ref_=hp_gt_comp_cu&from=gp&source=contact-us&nodeId=471044&_encoding=UTF8&

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Email works quite quickly too. Live option also very good and you usually select the item that's an issue say a faulty product etc...

I set up the account over a year or two ago on amazon uk but never used it and when I was looking to get a phone the past few days decided to use amazon germany yesterday as the phone I wanted to get was cheaper.

The problem I have now is that I haven't my phone number paired with my account so if I get through to the customer service I will not have a mobile number to give them and will not be able to talk to them.

I have tried to contact customer service through amazon's website but it brings me back to the page where my account is suspended, so not sure what to do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Set up a new account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Set up a new account with a different email address

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I'd also be doing a full scan of whatever you used to log it. Check it for spyware, trojans etc. If you are using the link in the OP it should be bringing you to the correct site the only way it could be a scam is if they've hacked your computer and are doing a "man in the middle" scam by redirecting you to a dodgy site. Have you tried logging in on another device?

Del2005 wrote: »
    I'd also be doing a full scan of whatever you used to log it. Check it for spyware, trojans etc. If you are using the link in the OP it should be bringing you to the correct site the only way it could be a scam is if they've hacked your computer and are doing a "man in the middle" scam by redirecting you to a dodgy site. Have you tried logging in on another device?

Hi, thanks for reply.

I didn't click into any links on the email. When I saw the email, I went into a new tab and opened amazon.de and logged in and when I logged into the official site it said my account is suspended.

I tried on another device and logged in on official site and says my account is suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Manutd623 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for reply.

I didn't click into any links on the email. When I saw the email, I went into a new tab and opened amazon.de and logged in and when I logged into the official site it said my account is suspended.

I tried on another device and logged in on official site and says my account is suspended.

Then it's a money laundering check to verify your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Setup a new account as said.

I'm sure you can find what you were buying again.

It's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

NATLOR wrote: »
    Set up a new account with a different email address
    my3cents wrote: »
    Set up a new account?
    Jeff2 wrote: »
    Setup a new account as said.

I'd disagree with the above. If your payment method is flagged chances are your new account will be disabled sooner or later.

Try to sort it out with Amazon.

Advertisement