Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really hate my job and trying to find a new one

Options
  • 18-08-2019 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

So, as the title states, I really hate my job..

I have a lot of experience built up in the role both at my current company and in the years previous but I feel constantly disrespected and even though I deliver above and beyond what's expected it's never appreciated.

I've started looking for other positions with the view of trying to move up rather than across. I spent the August Bank Holiday weekend filling out an absolutely massive application for a managment level job with the Hse. So far, I've heard nothing back apart from the automated response.

How long does it normally take for the Hse to organise or rule you out for an interview?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Hi,

I have a lot of experience built up in the role both at my current company and in the years previous but I feel constantly disrespected and even though I deliver above and beyond what's expected it's never appreciated.

I've started looking for other positions with the view of trying to move up rather than across. I spent the August Bank Holiday weekend filling out an absolutely massive application for a managment level job with the Hse. So far, I've heard nothing back apart from the automated response.

How long does it normally take for the Hse to organise or rule you out for an interview?

Thanks.

I think you should make a new post with your question as the title:

"How long does it normally take for the Hse to organise or rule you out for an interview?"

Right now your post looks generic and won't catch the eye of many people working for the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Really depends on the job, which dept is managing the process and the number of applications received - time of year plays a part as certain key players can be on holidays which slows things down.
    I know for a relatively recent campaign there were over 25k applications - albeit that was for a more entry grade position and a national campaign.
    Also whether the campaign is local (like for a particular dept or hospital) or whether its a national campaign.

In the normal run of things you should hear back in 4-6 weeks from closing date. The initial sift of candidates being called for interview is usually done fairly quickly after close and then letters etc organised by the National Recruitment Service in Sligo.

Again, this all depends on the particular role you're talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Hi,

Thanks.

Keep looking around anyway, HSE will probably get back to you to let you know either way but in my experience only about 5%-10% of employers will even acknowledge your application or let you know the outcome.

So if I were you I would just keep up the job hunting in the meantime.

Advertisement