Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Dispute

Options
  • 18-08-2019 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Had a flight cancelled a few weeks back and had to secure alternative flights and travel as I was re-routed to an alternative airport.

Was reassured by numerous staff that if I retained receipts all additional costs would be reimbursed.

Submitted my expenses along with copies with receipts and all were denied due to not having "VAT itemised receipts" - receipts were from a taxi and a bus I had to take, the same receipts / tickets they issue every passenger with, I didn't think at the time to as for a VAT receipt as 1.) it didn't even occur to me and 2.) I doubt very much a taxi driver or bus driver would be able to issue same on the spot.

Where do I go from here?

I know I could file a small claims court proceeding, but is there any other avenue that I can take before resorting to the SCC?

Is there any airline travel ombudsman type association to deal with these sort of claims, or is SCC the way to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Moyglish wrote: »

I know I could file a small claims court proceeding, but is there any other avenue that I can take before resorting to the SCC?

Is there any airline travel ombudsman type association to deal with these sort of claims, or is SCC the way to go?

Try Commission for Aviation Regulation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Can you claim from your Travel Insurance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Similar thing happened to me Last year flying back from London OP. We were standing at the Gate to board and were told pilot hadn't turned up. Ended up having to get a train to Hollyhead and Ferry into Dublin and hotel when we got in as it was like 2am. Cost around €200/250 I would say between transport, food and hotel.

Anyway, to cut a long story short OP is your not going to have any joy here. Like you I was told keep receipts etc. Luckily I had travel insurance and they covered me till I got to Dublin (Not Hotel), I got refund of flight (Maybe €20) and the EU fine thing that I had another company chase for a 10% fee. I probably just about broke even but Ryanair just will keep giving you the run around.

Go for what you can (IE the EU delay pay out) and as much as it stings leave it go unless it is serious money.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

the only time i tried this was over a 27 hour flight delay, got a hotel (at top whack) food at hotel, put in receipts and got eu261 in "full and final" settlement. took the eu261 but said it wasnt in full and final settlement after about 2 months of sending them emails we got money for hotel plus food minus drink. we did have full hotel receipts for everything though. i suspect its worth badgering them.

Advertisement